New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Playing for Other People
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:04 pm 
First Palindrome

Here's one for the multitudes:

What do you think of players playing for other people, especially during the cards promotion? We have one person in our regular group who is adamantly against this. He claims it's cheating.
Case in point: I've given a couple of friends my PIN and they have permission to play for me if they want. I don't have a problem with it. Last week, one of them did on a night I couldn't make it in due to other commitments, and I got credit for the games on the card for that night. I didn't ask him to do so, he just decided he would. This of course pissed off the original complainer, and I got an earful last night. I told him nobody cares, but he didn't believe me. He claimed there are rules set out by Buzztime that say no one else but you is allowed to play for you. I just went through the Buzztime web site and saw nothing that says that. I saw something about no UNAUTHORIZED usage of your PIN, but obviously this is not the case. This person said the next time it happened, he was going to contact somebody at Buzztime whose name he had and report me. To me, this smacks of kiddie stuff: "If you do that, I'm going to tell!".
So what do you think? Is this a problem?
My opinion is as I said, no one cares. Also, I'm sure the people at Buzztime have better things to do that to try and deal with squabbles between players.
If anyone reading this can speak officially for Buzztime, feel free to weigh in too.

- SteveW

Post subject: Re: Playing for Other People
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:28 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

It's no big deal as far as I'm concerned. I've played for my buddies before and vice versa. The idea of reporting this to Buzztime is laughable; there's absolutely nothing they can do to stop this, assuming they would even want to in the first place.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:44 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I am trying to be diplomatic as I can be, I would tell that player to Fuck Off and mind his own business.

Since you are at a bar I would simply call the Police and say he was about to drive home drunk (since this was an issue at that time, he was probably drunk). Then when he says something to you reply, 'since you want to turn me in....,' suck it!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:50 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Being a whore of worthless P+Ps, I've had people play SPEED for me to complete a card, since it's past my curfew. Normally, I just use a pass on SPEED, but since they tend to put SPEED on every freakin' card, I'd run out of passes. So I called & asked someone to get off his couch and grab a PM & answer a question for me.

I had someone who used to play at the home site get on the BT site & bitch about how many P+Ps I was getting, but this was a summer promotion when I was playing every day, all day & night and I earned them myself. I didn't like that group of folks and am glad that it pissed them off.

I know of folks who still play a game now and then in honor of those who have passed on, by knowing their account PIN or just as a guest. I do this sometimes when I thinking about Chris or Larry. I think Dave uses Larry's PIN sometimes, but I'm not sure. If somebody doesn't like that, they can fuck off.

And as BO will surely point and laugh at, the P+P are worth nothing except perhaps as an alcohol consumption estimatation & the Cards only go to screw up that estimation...EGADS!!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:23 pm 
Centenarian

Have him call BT. No rule about playing other people handels or the amount of playmkers per person. It is perfered one playmaker per person. And one account per person. But with ranking ?????
BT cannot look up though the playmaker and see who is hitting the numbers. So not going to be inforces because they cannot tell who is hitting the numbers. Tell the person sorry but they do not have real proof regardless how much they complain....that the way life is. Suggest if a other site is around that they move on.

Do not tell them this......The only real person is the managment at the site that can make a judgment at the site.
SteveW wrote:
Here's one for the multitudes:

What do you think of players playing for other people, especially during the cards promotion? We have one person in our regular group who is adamantly against this. He claims it's cheating.
Case in point: I've given a couple of friends my PIN and they have permission to play for me if they want. I don't have a problem with it. Last week, one of them did on a night I couldn't make it in due to other commitments, and I got credit for the games on the card for that night. I didn't ask him to do so, he just decided he would. This of course pissed off the original complainer, and I got an earful last night. I told him nobody cares, but he didn't believe me. He claimed there are rules set out by Buzztime that say no one else but you is allowed to play for you. I just went through the Buzztime web site and saw nothing that says that. I saw something about no UNAUTHORIZED usage of your PIN, but obviously this is not the case. This person said the next time it happened, he was going to contact somebody at Buzztime whose name he had and report me. To me, this smacks of kiddie stuff: "If you do that, I'm going to tell!".
So what do you think? Is this a problem?
My opinion is as I said, no one cares. Also, I'm sure the people at Buzztime have better things to do that to try and deal with squabbles between players.
If anyone reading this can speak officially for Buzztime, feel free to weigh in too.

- SteveW

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:01 pm 
First Palindrome

Quote:
Do not tell them this......The only real person is the managment at the site that can make a judgment at the site.

I rather doubt management will even care. We're the ones who tell them when the system is screwed up. They don't get involved in the games.

Oh, and the person in question drinks Cokes all the time. Part of his rant was that he thinks I'm specifically trying to pad my P+ points to become #1 at the site. Never mind the fact that he's some two million ahead!

-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:17 pm 
Himself Fodder

tiefly wrote:
And as BO will surely point and laugh at, the P+P are worth nothing except perhaps as an alcohol consumption estimatation & the Cards only go to screw up that estimation...EGADS!!!

Ha-ha!! :D

What I want to know is this, if it was not a game/night needed for your current player's card, would your friend have done this and/or would you have given him/her your account information? If it was done solely for the card, then I'm going to laugh my balls off at you. If it was done solely for the P+ points, then I'm going to laugh my balls off at you. If it was done simply to improve the location score, then I get to keep my balls.

However, nobody really gives a shit if someone else is playing your box.

Ah hell, I'm probably going to laugh my balls off at you regardless.

BO

Last edited by -BO- on Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:41 pm 
Precinct?

Sometimes such juvenile rants may conceal disturbing emotional issues. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:39 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
-BO- wrote:

What I want to know is this, if it was not a game/night needed for your current player's card, would your friend have done this and/or would you have given him/her your account information? If it was done solely for the card, then I'm going to laugh my balls off at you. If it was done solely for the P+ points, then I'm going to laugh my balls off at you. If it was done simply to improve the location score, then I get to keep my balls.

BO

Don't you mean 'yarbles'? 8-)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:32 pm 
Himself Fodder

THE ICEMAN wrote:
Don't you mean 'yarbles'? 8-)

No. I'm American. It's the English that are on a completely different level of swearing.

BO

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:58 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
Appy polly loggies, a brain fart. I thought I remembered your signature from the old BT forum being from A Clockwork Orange. In retrospect... oops.

Last edited by THE ICEMAN on Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:42 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Dubious wrote:
Sometimes such juvenile rants may conceal disturbing emotional issues. :roll:

I have met two crazies like that. I honestly was afraid for my life over a BT game. Just stand up and tell them to fuck themselves. It works.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:26 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
tiefly wrote:

BO

It was for the last game on the last card.

Since I'm pretty much a drunken sot, I'm at the home site daily. Unfortunately, I had guzzled through my welfare check rather quickly that month and couldn't find anyone with any money to buy prescription medicine from me. The bar had cut off my tab when I failed to make my quota of recycable aluminum cans for the week.

So, on my way to sell blood plasma, my borrowed Schwinn one-speed blew a tire and I realized I wouldn't make it back to the bar in time for SPEED, so I climbed the telephone pole behind old mand Douglass' house and used the tin can reciever to call my friend to get that last card completed.

Only later did I realize I still had some money on my WIC card and a few postage stamps that I could have bartered with.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:34 pm 
First Palindrome

BTW, I believe the guy who logged me on did so primarily because he knows it annoys the complainer!
Also word has it that our antagonist here talked with the manager of our site about limiting players to one box.
But if he threatens again to go report me, then I'll ask him if he also plans on reporting at least three other people we both know who either occasionally or regularly play multiple boxes. He doesn't seem to get ticked off when that happens. Kind of hypocritical, don't you think?
Ah, the fun never stops!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:20 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Oh God! You cheated and got extra player plus points?! How can you possibly live with yourself?

Tell the guy that I told him he could go fuck himself. Why does he give a shit what you're doing?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:46 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Hey stevew,

Do you think it would really piss him off if I transfer my p+points to your bar? I will do it with your approval. Not only would you be able to play 2 boards, he would then be 10 million behind me, I will do it and then laugh at him...

LEWSER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:55 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

I think 10 people should transfer in and knock him completely off the top 10... :lol:

lewser wrote:
Hey stevew,

Do you think it would really piss him off if I transfer my p+points to your bar? I will do it with your approval. Not only would you be able to play 2 boards, he would then be 10 million behind me, I will do it and then laugh at him...

LEWSER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:08 am 
Centenarian

The only problem it only shows on the web site till you go into the site and log in and then your handel will appear on the leader PP+ rankings.
If you want give out you password.....
UCFHCY wrote:
I think 10 people should transfer in and knock him completely off the top 10... :lol:

lewser wrote:
Hey stevew,

LEWSER

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:00 am 
U > 100 * 2

lewser wrote:
Since you are at a bar I would simply call the Police and say he was about to drive home drunk (since this was an issue at that time, he was probably drunk). Then when he says something to you reply, 'since you want to turn me in....,' suck it!

LOL I actually did that one time. It wasn't trivia related but this guy one time was messing with me and my brother all night to the point that my brother wanted to beat his ass right there in the bar. But after calming him down a bit, I told him there's a better way where only one person goes to jail :twisted: We stayed there longer than we would've just to make that phone call. The only down side is I don't know if he was actually caught on his way home.

Cheers,
--Tia

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:23 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Well personally I don't do it and don't ask anyone to do it for me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:29 am 
Octogenarian

Since the loss of my BT sites, and the fact that the closest site for me is 100 mile round trip from my home, I have a friend who occasionally plays my handles for me. Unfortunately the site where he now plays doesn't have enough boxes for him to continue doing so.
I can usually make it to my closest site at least twice a month if not more in the summer months, but i would be stupid to try to travel that far in Black Ice, Snow and Monsoon rains, hence the only way to keep my handle/s active is to have a friend play them once in a while.

Being a canuck i was not able to participate in the ROYL thing where huge amounts of pp points were awarded, and i think i am on card 2 or 3 in the fall promotion, i can't see why anyone would get p'o'd with others playing for friends.

thanks Bobby i appreciate the fact that my handles are being kept alive by you.

MRCM/Deffy