New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Right now log in problems????
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:01 pm 
Centenarian

Had calls from three people about have log in problems. Not at my site but I messaged and called BT about it tonight.
Anyone else?

Post subject: Re: Right now log in problems????
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:28 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

No problems here.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:36 pm 
Centenarian

Nomar wrote:
No problems here.

OK thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:58 pm 
Lightning II

there seems to be a log in problem when the hard drive is changed at a site. when i visited a different site, i could not log in and got an error saying that since i had not played there in the past year (which i had) i could not log in. this is now happening at my site (uno's bellingham,mass). has this happened anywhere else ? is there a solution other than calling buzztime?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:39 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

tay wrote:
there seems to be a log in problem when the hard drive is changed at a site. when i visited a different site, i could not log in and got an error saying that since i had not played there in the past year (which i had) i could not log in. this is now happening at my site (uno's bellingham,mass). has this happened anywhere else ? is there a solution other than calling buzztime?

The BT website showed TAY played on Tuesday. Was this before the hard drive got switched out? That itself sounds funny, I thought BT usually replaces the whole computer not just the drive. Maybe the computer was replaced and the tech didn't copy the files over.

If you aren't having any luck the next time you go in, reboot the computer then if still no good better call BT. I have heard of this trouble, years ago, BT had to down load files into the new computer after the tech failed to do so. It took a few hours. It also could automatically take place overnight without calling but you might as well call them. 1-800-745-4686

Good luck.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:19 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

tay wrote:

I have gone through a hard drive change and a total computer swap. Never had a log in problem. Our problem was that the monthly and yearly scoreboards disappeared. In one case the current games were not there. After a computer or hard drive is replaced you need to call Buzztime to make sure the current games are downloaded. The local Techs do not always do it.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:18 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

tay wrote:

Are you sure it's a new hard drive or did the system just kick offline?

That happened to me once earlier this year. We had gotten hit with several severe thunderstorms in a row earlier in the day (very strong winds and lots of lightning). It kicked the system offline. When I went to play at a site that evening, I got that same error message when I tried to login. The playmaker said I couldn't log in because I had not played there before and only players that have played there before could login.

With the weather you guys had earlier in the week, I wouldn't be surprised if a number of places there got kicked offline by that. If they didn't call buzztime to report the problem, they're probably not reset yet.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:28 pm 
Lightning II

this problem happens when a visiting player attempts to login in. home site players can login fine. an example happened at my home site yesterday when two players from jj o'rourke came to uno's bellingham,ma and could not log in but i could because i was at my home site. i got the same error and could not log in when i visited uno's in dedham,ma. the home site players could log in but i as a visitor could not. at both locations the hard drive was replaced. as suggested i'll have my site contact buzztime tech support.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:28 pm 
Lightning II

this problem happens when a visiting player attempts to login in. home site players can login fine. an example happened at my home site yesterday when two players from jj o'rourke came to uno's bellingham,ma and could not log in but i could because i was at my home site. i got the same error and could not log in when i visited uno's in dedham,ma. the home site players could log in but i as a visitor could not. at both locations the hard drive was replaced. as suggested i'll have my site contact buzztime tech support.