New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: BT conference Call Q3 '10
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:28 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

We are happy to have achieved profitability and grown our cash balance during the quarter. We are making progress on the initiatives we set for ourselves for the second half of the year and are feeling confident in our core objectives for the company. However, while we have made progress, we still have work to do to reach our growth goals for the company," said NTN Buzztime's CEO Michael Bush.

Did anyone listen to the conference call last week ?

Post subject: Re: BT conference Call Q3 '10
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 1:59 pm 
Golden Tee Master

Wow, I didn't know Louisville's former running back was now the CEO of Buzztime. :P

Post subject: Re: BT conference Call Q3 '10
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:50 am 
You, in C.

Yes, I listened to the call. NTN turned a profit for the first time in 14(?) quarters in Q3. It seemed a lot had to do with cost cutting and expense eliminating, such as reducing space and sales expenses. What else do I remember? Hmmm (remember, I'm getting old):

New playmakers - still in early stage of development. NTN realizes the current ones are dinosaurs but rollout costs on a new platform are high. They are developing and doing the hard but less costly work now. No definite talk of going out to raise capital. Android version of the mobile playmaker to go online in Q4.

Site count was down, churn is still high. Not expecting Q4 to repeat Q3 based on early numbers. Company has identified six or so national chains with which it is in early stages of discussion; a sort of getting to know you process. Bush was smart enough to say that while they have to focus on national accounts, some mom and pops are the best customers.

Talk about moving some question writing out of house or having sponsors provide content? Does anyone else remember this? Happy to have Bud as a sponsor and the hits coming from its questions during commercial breaks.

Barry B. asked three or four very pointed questions. Bush did a decent job answering. That's all I can remember off the top of my head.