King or Queen Postsalot

Just saw the newest tab in my profile.

Click here and you see it in yours.

http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_profile.php

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

Post subject: Re: New Recent Play tab in Buzztime Profiles
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:02 pm 
Nonagenarian

Location: Tavern on Main, El Segundo, CA; also play at Mr.B's, East Side Mario's
Interesting...this gives the location where we actually played each game. Not sure I like this. Lots of stalker potential. Before, we could figure out that someone played, but not necessarily where they played. I know you could get this from looking at a location, then the games page, but that was tedious...this is easier.

I know most of y'all are anti-Facebook and Twitter, but the "share this score on facebook/twitter" feature is a neat idea....except the facebook one doesn't work. Sigh.

Christina/HEELAX

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:10 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

tarheelinlax wrote:
the "share this score on facebook/twitter" feature is a neat idea...

Yeah that is for all you facebook/twitter braggers....i rarelly brag. lol

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:49 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

tarheelinlax wrote:
Interesting...this gives the location where we actually played each game. Not sure I like this. Lots of stalker potential. Before, we could figure out that someone played, but not necessarily where they played. I know you could get this from looking at a location, then the games page, but that was tedious...this is easier.

I agree - that was my first thought as well. They need to tighten the controls on that so that only the actual userid can see that information. I don't mind if anyone can access your scores, but revealing the location someone played at for every single game is too much, IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:25 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I have to agree with tarheelinlax on this one. Although I don't personally mind who knows where I play, I still see this as a privacy matter. At the very least, I should be able to dictate who can see where I choose to play trivia.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:43 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

zog741 wrote:
I have to agree with tarheelinlax on this one. Although I don't personally mind who knows where I play, I still see this as a privacy matter. At the very least, I should be able to dictate who can see where I choose to play trivia.

-- RWM

I really don't see an issue with this. It was basically already public anyway, as most players don't bounce around constantly, and any "premium-ish" game already showed who was playing where when the bar scores were clicked on.

Either way, maybe BT can give you the option to turn it off if you don't want it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:47 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

tarheelinlax wrote:

I know most of y'all are anti-Facebook and Twitter, but the "share this score on facebook/twitter" feature is a neat idea....except the facebook one doesn't work. Sigh.

Christina/HEELAX

I dunno. If a stalker couldn't already find you based on what was out there, they had to have been a really bad stalker. I guess one can argue now really dumb stalkers can now find you, though.

The Facebook and Twitter bit is neat, IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:27 pm 
Centenarian

tarheelinlax wrote:

Christina/HEELAX

So you never looked at the HOF and seen the sites and the players that play each game?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:32 pm 
Centenarian

[/quote]

I dunno. If a stalker couldn't already find you based on what was out there, they had to have been a really bad stalker. I guess one can argue now really dumb stalkers can now find you, though.

The Facebook and Twitter bit is neat, IMO.[/quote]
No info on anyone can be seen or known on either one of those that are on Facebook or Twitter.
I am the STALKER as everyone should know and I have all the info all ready. :lol: :x :evil: :twisted: :roll: :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:07 pm 
Centenarian

zog741 wrote:

-- RWM

At least you play all over the place, with me its easy to know where I'll be :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:43 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

richte09 wrote:
At least you play all over the place, with me its easy to know where I'll be :)

I never was one for being in the same place day after day. Variety is the spice of life...

Two of the games in my history (but not on the Recent Play tab) are credited to a place that I've never even been to. I was checking out my Playmaker app at TD Homers, but for some reason, the app did not recognize that I was there, so I chose Rookies (or thought I did!) The games are credited as being played at Hilltop BBQ. I'll have to check that place out some day.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:03 pm 
Centenarian

Its more of comfort level for me, I have been playing there over 12 years, know all the servers, bartenders, know the equipment will get taken care of, never have to worry that trivia will not be on etc., and last but not least close to home. I like checking other places out, absolutely loved AOH, but its too far, Boston's is great, but can get pricey. Used to like TD Homers, but they have some serious playmaker issues, and other placesI liked no longer have buzztime like Timeout, Diamonds, and Roma's. So I'll sick to being a Mill rat :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:57 pm 
Cuboctahedral Faces

FYI, Facebook and Twitter sharing should be working properly now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:56 am 
Lord of Scaratings

justfred wrote:

That just struck me as very funny, as I don't know how Facebook and Twitter should be working anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:48 am 
Moderating Hobbit

scar wrote:
justfred wrote:

That just struck me as very funny, as I don't know how Facebook and Twitter should be working anyway.

@uncleSausage get with the program dude!!!!! :) #HowDoYouTwitThings #WhatsAJustinBieber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:45 pm 
Golden Tee Master

Dante wrote:
scar wrote:
justfred wrote:

@uncleSausage get with the program dude!!!!! :) #HowDoYouTwitThings #WhatsAJustinBieber

Hmmm, I don't think you should be using uncleSausage in a sentence. :P