New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 642 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Coffee Drinker's Thread - v2.0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:50 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. For the first Saturday of October 2014...

Image Image Image Image Image Image

My California Golden Bears make the trip to Pullman to face those wazzu kittycats, in what looks like their last remaining winnable game this year. Image Meanwhile, THE ICEMAN's of The Arizona State Sun Devils host The USC Trojans in a must win Pac-12 South game, after their godawful, horrible loss last Thursday to those southern campus bruins. Image

And, my hope is for those damnable biting irish and that eternally damnable junior university to play a record number of overtimes and destroy each other. Image

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:33 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
Welcome to the Sunday morning after one of the craziest CFB Saturday's ever...

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Congrats to liljol's Cal Golden Bears for hanging tough & picking up the win at wazzu.
...And I suppose the Hail Mary pass isn't so bad after all with my Sun Devil's last second win over USC. 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:30 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. For the first Monday of October 2014...

My California Golden Bears somehow bested those wazzu kittycats, in what looks like their last remaining winnable game this year. It would be more than a lil nice if The Golden Bears could play a lil more defense, given that they're arguably one horribly bungled defensive play from being 5-0. Image Meanwhile, THE ICEMAN's Arizona State Sun Devils stunned The USC Trojans to stay within reach of those unpleasantly surprising tucson mildrats in The Pac-12 South. Image

On this Monday, my hope is for The San Francisco Giants to oust The Washington Nationals to advance to The NLCS. Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:58 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. For the fourth and last Saturday of October 2014...

My California Golden Bears somehow stayed within 20 points of The Mighty Oregon Ducks in the first college football game at Levi's Stadium. :( Meanwhile, THE ICEMAN's Arizona State Sun Devils look to huck and fork over those seattle fuskies. Image

Also, my hope is for The San Francisco Giants to even up The World Series and force a return visit to Kansas City. Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:47 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

liljol wrote:

My California Golden Bears somehow stayed within 20 points of The Mighty Oregon Ducks in the first college football game at Levi's Stadium. :( Meanwhile, THE ICEMAN's Arizona State Sun Devils look to huck and fork over those seattle fuskies. Image

Also, my hope is for The San Francisco Giants to even up The World Series and force a return visit to Kansas City. Image

Thanks for the morning brew my lil friend. 8-)

Well, if the game had ended after the first quarter your Golden Bears would have walked oot with a tie. :mrgreen:

It promises to be rather wet in Hucking Fuskyville for tonights game... Nothing worse than the smell of a bunch of wet dogs. :shock: :roll:

Looks to be an interesting series - the Giants will prevail my lil friend, have faith. :mrgreen:
Meanwhile...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:47 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Greetings & welcome to the day after the GIANTS won their 3rd World Series title in 5 years... 8-) :mrgreen:

Needless to say... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhKGTRtgstk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:31 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

THE ICEMAN wrote:
Greetings & welcome to the day after the GIANTS won their 3rd World Series title in 5 years... 8-) :mrgreen:

Needless to say... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhKGTRtgstk

Thanks, ICEMAN. Image

To that, this lil old *happy* bastard :o adds a reprise to the call made by the first play by play announcer of The San Francisco Giants, the late Russ Hodges, back when he was in New York for "The Shot Heard Around The World"...

THE GIANTS WIN THE SERIES! THE GIANTS WIN THE SERIES! THE GIANTS WIN THE SERIES! THE GIANTS WIN THE SERIES!

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:44 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. For the first Saturday of October 2014...

Having *finally* recovered from the euphoria of The San Francisco Giants winning their third World Series in the last five years Image, my California Golden Bears make the usually unpleasant trip to Corvallis to hopefully take down those Oregon State Beavers. Image Meanwhile, THE ICEMAN's Arizona State Sun Devils look to fork over those Utah Utes in a most important Pac-12 South showdown. Image

And, of course, here's hoping that The Mighty Oregon Ducks destroy the wet dreams of that eternally damnable junior university for winning The Pac-12 North. Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:00 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. For the second Saturday of October 2014...

My California Golden Bears made the usually unpleasant trip to Corvallis to take down those Oregon State Beavers, leaving them one win away from bowl eligibility. Image Their next game is next Thursday against The University of Southern California Trojans. That eternally damnable junior university also has this week off. Image

Meanwhile, THE ICEMAN's Arizona State Sun Devils look to fork over those damnable biting irish, hopefully ending those biting irish's wet dreams of playing for the national championship, whilst taking another step forward towards The Pac-12 Championship. Image Hopefully those poor colorado buffaloes will have an unpleasant surprise for those damnable tucson mildrats. Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:38 am 
U > 100 * 2

liljol wrote:
Well, hell. For the second Saturday of October 2014

Meanwhile, THE ICEMAN's Arizona State Sun Devils look to fork over those damnable biting irish, hopefully ending those biting irish's wet dreams of playing for the national championship, whilst taking another step forward towards The Pac-12 Championship. Image Hopefully those poor colorado buffaloes will have an unpleasant surprise for those damnable tucson mildrats. Image

OMG I'm stuck in October and I thought Groundhog Day was in February :o :o :o

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:17 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Death Dealer wrote:
liljol wrote:

Well, hell. :oops: Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:50 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

liljol wrote:
Death Dealer wrote:
liljol wrote:

Well, hell. :oops: Image

Give the lildude a break Jim... He is getting on in years. :shock: Y'know, that decrepit, fragile lil mind thing... 8-)

Meanwhile, thanks much for the morning brew my lil friend. 8-)

Here's hoping the Colorado Beefaloes have the game of their lives & thrash those damnable mildrats - they're due for a conference win anyway. :D

As for ND vs ASU... ASU 42 - the biting irish 17... You heard it here first.
:twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:13 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. For the third Saturday of...er, um...November 2014...

My California Golden Bears horribly bungled away their first chance at bowl eligibility, making their customary Los Angeles Death March to fall to The University of Southern California Trojans, in the process executing one of the worst fake punts since time immemorial. Image That eternally damnable junior university will hopefully continue their necessary return to their customary suckassitude by losing to The Utah Utes. Image

Meanwhile, THE ICEMAN's Arizona State Sun Devils look to fork over The Oregon State Beavers, taking another step forward towards The Pac-12 Championship. Image Hopefully those huckable fuskies will have an unpleasant surprise for those damnable tucson mildrats. Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:25 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. For the third Sunday of November 2014...

My California Golden Bears are now looking forward to The 117th Big Game against that eternally damnable junior university, hopefully becoming bowl eligible and also dealing that eternally damnable junior university a huge bowl to their fading wet dreams of bowl eligibility. Image That eternally damnable junior university's last game will be at The Rose Bowl and a hopefully merciless Southern Campus side. Image

Meanwhile, THE ICEMAN's Arizona State Sun Devils, unbelievably forked over by The Oregon State Beavers Image, look to fork over those hapless wazzu kittycats before facing those damnable tucson mildrats in what now looks like a most important Territorial Cup match.Image

And, lest anyone forget my loyalties with respect to the 117th Big Game...

GO CALIFORNIA GOLDEN BEARS!!!!! TO HELL WITH THAT ETERNALLY DAMNABLE JUNIOR UNIVERSITY!!!!!!!!!!

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:23 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

liljol wrote:

And, lest anyone forget my loyalties with respect to the 117th Big Game...

GO CALIFORNIA GOLDEN BEARS!!!!! TO HELL WITH THAT ETERNALLY DAMNABLE JUNIOR UNIVERSITY!!!!!!!!!!

You're gonna hafta quit being so restrained & tell us what you really feel there lildude. :mrgreen:

Anyway, thanks much for the morning brew. 8-) (he says drowning his sorrows in a nice Kona blend)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:18 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Greetings & felicitations for the fourth Saturday of November...

Some interesting match-ups in the PAC-12 this day... We have some age old rivalries, Cal vs the EDJU - some rivalries with playoff implications, USC vs FUCLA - and a couple of games where this slightly biased writer would like to see go a certain way... :roll:
In other words... GO UTES!!! FUGG the mildrats!!! --- GO SUN DEVILS!!! BEAT WAZZU!!! 8-)

As if our lil friend needed any more incentive to get pumped up for the game, I offer this video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKUxkX36RQM#t=71

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:57 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. Thanks for today's coffee, ICEMAN. Image

If anyone had dared to predict that both my California Golden Bears and that eternally damnable junior university would be going into The 117th Big Game with 5-5 records, I might still be laughing. As it is, both need this win to become bowl eligible. My Golden Bears close their regular season with a far more winnable task against an injury plagued BYU side, while that eternally damnable junior university makes their only visit to The Rose Bowl, hopefully to be vanquished by The Southern Campus Bruins. Image

Of course, all the best to THE ICEMAN's Arizona State Sun Devils against those poor wazzu kittycats, and all the worst to those damnable tucson mildrats against The Utah Utes. Image

Heh, might as well let it out...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:51 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

For the final day of November - a lil extra coffee to drown our sorrows...

Suffice it to say that things did not turn out well on the football field for the Golden Bear & the Sun Devil faithful.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:04 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. For Cyber Monday 2014...

My California Golden Bears horribly bungled away their last chance at bowl eligibility. Image Still, their five wins this year were a significant improvement from last year's godawful, horrible suckass performance. Image

Meanwhile, THE ICEMAN's Arizona State Sun Devils wait to see where they will be going bowling. Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:56 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. For the fourth and last Friday of 2014...

Here's hoping that THE ICEMAN's Arizona State Sun Devils fork over those damnable F DOOK blue devils in The Sun Bowl. Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:08 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Welcome to Super Bowl Sunday...

Well, it's the Seattle Seachickens vs. the New England Cheatriots this time around & Vegas has them at a pick-em right now... http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/12261273/late-seattle-seahawks-bets-move-betting-lines-pick-em

I'm thinkin' it will be a close game with a lot of points on the board. Bottom line... Seachickens by a touchdown.
8-)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:10 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Welcome to the final Monday of March...

Liljol, you're welcome... 8-) http://www.houseofsparky.com/2015/3/29/8308745/asu-baseball-devils-complete-sweep-of-cardinal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:15 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. Been more than a lil while, thanks for today's coffee, ICEMAN. Image

After having to bungle around for more than a lil while to find the Pac-12 standings :roll:, THE ICEMAN's Arizona State Sun Devils and my California Golden Bears baseball teams are tied at 7-2 with those detestable tucson rats, a game behind those southern campus bruins after this weekend's games. That eternally damnable junior university remains winless in six tries in Pac-12 play Image, though The Golden Bears' next opponent, those poor wazzu kittycats, are listed in last place at 1-8. :| In other news, The Sun Devils' men's basketball team is looking for a new coach after the beleaguered Herb Sendek was shown the door. :(

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 9:46 am 
Centenarian

At my workplace, I'm in charge of the office coffee club. And since today (May 15, 2015) is Friday, I prepare special flavored brew in one of the two coffee pots. It's usually either Vanilla Nut, or Cinnamon Hazelnut, or Hawaiian Hazelnut, from the Don Francisco brand.

Today, it's Cinnamon Hazelnut. 8-)
http://www.shopdonfrancisco.com/prod_detail_list/cinnamon-hazelnut

http://www.shopdonfrancisco.com/category/flavored

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:34 am 
Centenarian

With the current popularity of the types of coffee-brewing systems that Keurig uses, and drip-coffee machines (such as Mr. Coffee) being used in homes and offices, I was wondering if anyone still uses those old-school percolator brewers?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 642 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next