New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 870 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 35  Next
 Post subject: Re: ICEMAN, yoiu need to fix it...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:26 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
THE ICEMAN wrote:
Maybe not so obscure but, this movie has a killer soundtrack. Especially if you like Meatloaf, some of the songs were written & produced by Jim Steinman, a cohort of Meatloaf. And if you can get by some of the improbable aspects & the overacting, the dang thing ain't that bad. But hey, that's Hollywood. :mrgreen:

And of course Diane Lane is an absolute bonus... Image Image

Cloudy wrote:
ICEMAN, you need to fix it. Right now the picture you put in at the beginning of your post, presumably with the movie's name, isn't there. All I see is that little square with a red "X Image" in it. I don't know what movie you are talking about., :?

He's referring to Streets of Fire, Cloudy.
Fire Inc. , a pet project band of Steinman, did two of the songs on the soundtrack.

Post subject: Re: Obscure movies you like...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:44 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
MitchWolf wrote:

For those who doesn't know what movie ICEMAN is talking about:

Great soundtrack that rejuvenated the late Dan Hartman (of Edgar Winter Group and the minor hit "Instant Replay") with the smash hit "I Can Dream About You"

As if I need you to verify my posts. It shows up just fine for me. Upgrade to a Mac.

Post subject: "And Then There Were None"
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:59 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

"And Then There Were None" (1945) is a wonderful black and white mystery, suspense movie. It's an Agatha Christie story, often known as "Ten Little Indians". It will keep you guessing until the very end. If you've seen it, I'm sure you liked it. If you haven't seen it, give it a try, you might like it.

My oldest daughter had a sleep over about 20 years ago, and I, as dad, had to entertain her and her 5 or 6 of her girlfriends. Grand host that I was, I ordered pizza to be delivered, and put "And Then There Were None" in the VCR for the 9 and 10-year-olds to watch. Even though it was old and in black and white, they were all glued to the screen. The next day several of my daughter's young friends asked me what the name of that movie was, because they wanted their parents to get it.

Not the greatest movie, but a good recommendation nonetheless.

Here's a link to the original theatrical trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdZMnn3IBi0

Last edited by Cloudy on Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:07 am, edited 5 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:00 am 
Centenarian

Cloudy, I love this thread and would love one on tv too. I did a lot of studing and research in college on this. Will type more later.

Post subject: Brandy, you're a fine girl...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:28 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Brandyb wrote:
Cloudy, I love this thread and would love one on tv too. I did a lot of studing and research in college on this. Will type more later.

Brandy, you're a fine girl...

Guys, wherever you are, or whatever you might be doing, put your beers down, and click on this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6ybb6myGE4

While the music plays, join in and sing, to welcome "BrandyB" to this thread.

Okay, guys you can sit down now, and pick your beers back up. I think there's a new gal in town. Can't wait to see her posts.

p.s. Brandy please don't tell me that you have a list of 200 "Chick Flicks", that you are waiting to post. :D :lol: (Oh what the heck, a dozen would be okay.) :lol:

Image ............... Image

........... We're waiting for your posts...

Last edited by Cloudy on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:39 am, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject: This is the first time I've had this problem...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:49 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

THE ICEMAN wrote:
MitchWolf wrote:

Great soundtrack that rejuvenated the late Dan Hartman (of Edgar Winter Group and the minor hit "Instant Replay") with the smash hit "I Can Dream About You"

As if I need you to verify my posts. It shows up just fine for me. Upgrade to a Mac.

This is the first time I've had this problem... It still isn't showing up for me. Oh Hell, maybe the problem will go away. Just tell me the name of the obscure movie that you think we all should see before we die. It better be good... :lol:

Post subject: Re: This is the first time I've had this problem...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:55 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
THE ICEMAN wrote:
MitchWolf wrote:

This is the first time I've had this problem... It still isn't showing up for me. Oh Hell, maybe the problem will go away. Just tell me the name of the obscure movie that you think we all should see before we die. It better be good... :lol:
Alright, try this...

Post subject: "I read you, Lima Charlie, over..."
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:05 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

THE ICEMAN wrote:
Alright, try this...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"I read you, Lima Charlie, over..."

That's old aviator jargon for "I read you loud and clear." Your movie picture now shows up very nicely. Thanks for fixing it for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:34 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

Image Image

Red Green: Duct Tape Forever was the feature film foray of the Possum Lodge gang. Faced with losing the lodge after ruining a rich developer's car, Red (Steve Smith) and the gang embark on creating the third-best entry in 3M's duct tape sculpture competition. Hilarity and kludging ensue

Run Lola Run is one of those movies that caught me by surprise when I watched it. In a similar manner to Groundhog Day, Lola has to come up with a large sum of money belonging to her boyfriend's gangster boss. When something goes wrong, the events of the day restart from boy's panicked phone call, and run slightly differently until Lola gets it "right."
(See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cause_and_Effect_%28Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation%29)

Image Image

Tremors is about a small Nevada town beset by large subterranean worm-like creatures, and the inhabitants' struggles to get rid of them and live. This is the movie that gives Reba McEntire a Bacon number of 1. No idea what her Erdos number is, though. I'd try looking it up, but I'm too busy thinking about Finn Carter running around in her panties :D

What Dreams May Come is a beautiful movie. Chris Nielson (Robin Williams) is killed assisting at a crash scene. He experiences heaven, and attempts to contact his widow Annie (Annabella Sciorra) from beyond the grave. In her despair, Annie kills herself. Since suicides don't cross over properly, the afterlife she experiences is vastly different from Chris's, and he makes it his mission to get through to her, no matter the difficulty, so they can always be together. An excellent feel-good movie, and one of my favourites

Post subject: Don't know the name...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:28 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I don't know the name of this movie, but many years ago I saw an old western on TV. It was in black and white, and I would guess it was probably made in the 1930's. The one thing I remember about the movie was when the two good guys were being chased by a posse. They came to a cliff with a river far below. They were trapped with no place to go. Yep, you guessed it, they jumped off the cliff into the river to escape.

This isn't a recommendation, it's a question. Does anybody have the slightest idea of what movie that might be? The reason why I would like to find out, is that the jumping off of the cliff into the river scene is one of the best from "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid", and I think they borrowed it from this old western, that I cannot remember the title of.

I know that you all know, but anyway here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck6vqsOt-Pc

p.s. I love it when the Sundance Kid says, "I can't swim."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:47 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

spotes wrote:
Cloudy wrote:
THE ICEMAN wrote:
Maybe not so obscure but, this movie has a killer soundtrack. Especially if you like Meatloaf, some of the songs were written & produced by Jim Steinman, a cohort of Meatloaf. And if you can get by some of the improbable aspects & the overacting, the dang thing ain't that bad. But hey, that's Hollywood. :mrgreen:

And of course Diane Lane is an absolute bonus... Image Image

Cloudy wrote:
ICEMAN, you need to fix it. Right now the picture you put in at the beginning of your post, presumably with the movie's name, isn't there. All I see is that little square with a red "X Image" in it. I don't know what movie you are talking about., :?

He's referring to Streets of Fire, Cloudy.
Fire Inc. , a pet project band of Steinman, did two of the songs on the soundtrack.

Diane Lane in action in streets of fire: http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/ ... FORM=VIRE5

It is a great movie that I forgot about. When I saw the trailers at the theater I thought it was dumb. When I finally saw the movie on cable TV, I thought it was great. I still perfer Amy Madigan, she is closer to my age. :D I may buy a copy, I have not seen it in awhile.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:41 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

FrankC wrote:

Diane Lane in action in streets of fire: http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/ ... FORM=VIRE5

It is a great movie that I forgot about. When I saw the trailers at the theater I thought it was dumb. When I finally saw the movie on cable TV, I thought it was great. I still perfer Amy Madigan, she is closer to my age. :D I may buy a copy, I have not seen it in awhile.

Thanks a helluva lot for that video Frank!!!
Now I have to go and take a cold shower. :shock: Heh, heh, heh.
Amy ain't bad but Diane Lane is beyond hot.Image

I have the soundtrack on CD, good stuff.

Post subject: "The List of Adrian Messenger"
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:09 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

"The List of Adrian Messenger" (1963) is a great suspense, mystery movie, that you need to see, if you like that type of movie. Try to figure it out, before it ends. Good luck. :D

Don't turn it off, when you think it's over, you've got a big surprise at the very, very end.

This is a good recommendation, even though it is in black and white.

This is the best footage of the film I could find:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2WbOmkut9E

Last edited by Cloudy on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:53 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

This is a great movie...

Post subject: Re: "And Then There Were None"
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:53 pm 
Golden Tee Master

Cloudy wrote:

"And Then There Were None" (1945) is a wonderful black and white mystery, suspense movie. It's an Agatha Christie story, often known as "Ten Little Indians". It will keep you guessing until the very end. If you've seen it, I'm sure you liked it. If you haven't seen it, give it a try, you might like it.

My oldest daughter had a sleep over about 20 years ago, and I, as dad, had to entertain her and her 5 or 6 girlfriends. Grand host that I was, I ordered pizza to be delivered, and put "And Then There Were None" in the VCR for the 9 and 10-year-olds to watch. Even though it was old and in black and white, they were all glued to the screen. The next day several of my daughter's young friends asked me what the name of that movie was, because they wanted their parents to get it.

Not the greatest movie, but a good recommendation nonetheless.

Wow Cloudy I actually remember that movie. I'll bet it was over 30 years ago when I watched it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:08 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

pengwn wrote:
Red Green: Duct Tape Forever was the feature film foray of the Possum Lodge gang. Faced with losing the lodge after ruining a rich developer's car, Red (Steve Smith) and the gang embark on creating the third-best entry in 3M's duct tape sculpture competition. Hilarity and kludging ensue

I would like to give a special shout out to pengwn for finally putting a movie on this list that I have not yet seen.
I like to think that I've completely wasted my life in a good way...

Post subject: Re: Don't know the name...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:13 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
I don't know the name of this movie, but many years ago I saw an old western on TV. It was in black and white, and I would guess it was probably made in the 1930's. The one thing I remember about the movie was when the two good guys were being chased by a posse. They came to a cliff with a river far below. They were trapped with no place to go. Yep, you guessed it, they jumped off the cliff into the river to escape.

This isn't a recommendation, it's a question. Does anybody have the slightest idea of what movie that might be? The reason why I would like to find out, is that the jumping off of the cliff into the river scene is one of the best from "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid", and I think they borrowed it from this old western, that I cannot remember the title of.

I remember a Jesse James movie from when I was a kid where he and his brother do that exact thing. But I seem to remember it was in color; from the 50s-ish.

Edit: Okay. I took a peek through imdb and the movie I was thinking of was called The True Story of Jesse James starring Robert Wagner. Hmmm, it was directed by Nicholas Ray. I might have to revisit this film. But anyway, it looks like it was a remake of a movie by the same title from 1939. Maybe that's your movie.

Post subject: Yes, "The Man Who Would Be King"...!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:18 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

THE ICEMAN wrote:
This is a great movie...

Yes, "The Man Who Would Be King"...! What a great recommendation...! Possibly, your best.

I will second ICEMAN's recommendation. This is truly a movie that everyone must see. It's an adventure movie right up there with the best.

Here's a link to the movie's trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNb6SxXcD7g

Last edited by Cloudy on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:19 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Brandyb wrote:

You do realize, of course, that you have just opened the door to all new levels of torture during our little smoke breaks, no? :twisted:

Post subject: Re: Yes, "The Man Who Would Be King"...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:21 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
THE ICEMAN wrote:
This is a great movie...

Yes, "The Man Who Would Be King"... What a great recommendation...! Possibly, your best.

I will second ICEMAN's recommendation. This is truly a movie that everyone must see. It's an adventure movie right up there with the best.

Do you like Kipling? :mrgreen:

Post subject: Thanks...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:32 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

spotes wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

I remember a Jesse James movie from when I was a kid where he and his brother do that exact thing. But I seem to remember it was in color; from the 50s-ish.

Edit: Okay. I took a peek through imdb and the movie I was thinking of was called The True Story of Jesse James starring Robert Wagner. Hmmm, it was directed by Nicholas Ray. I might have to revisit this film. But anyway, it looks like it was a remake of a movie by the same title from 1939. Maybe that's your movie.

Thanks SPOTES, but I'm sure that the movie I'm hunting for was in black and white, and didn't star Robert Wagner. Keep on searching, it could very well be the 1939 movie you're thinking of. It would be about the right time. Once you come up with a title for sure, I'm gonna go out and buy it to check it out. :D

Post subject: Re: Yes, "The Man Who Would Be King"...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:46 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

spotes wrote:
Cloudy wrote:
THE ICEMAN wrote:
This is a great movie...

Yes, "The Man Who Would Be King"... What a great recommendation...! Possibly, your best.

Do you like Kipling? :mrgreen:

Gungun Din and Danny Dever.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:39 pm 
Nonagenarian

I have to reply to this one... not sure how "obscure" it is, but I don't know many people who have seen it!

http://www.imdb.com/title

Attachment:
Red Violin.jpg
Red Violin.jpg [ 24.21 KiB | Viewed 1475 times ]
/tt0120802/

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:01 am 
Colt

MaryC!

Great to see you back! Give us an update on your life lately. Try "The King of Kong: A Fistfull of Quarters". It shows another angle on competitive, obsessed people... Not that there's anything wrong with that.

bacho

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:04 am 
Nonagenarian

Ha ha - great to be back :)

Not too much going on unless you count getting married, running a consulting business and looking for a new job :D

Things are great! Hope that you are doing well too!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 870 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 35  Next