New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 642 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next
 Post subject: I guess I must be the culprit.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:17 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

THE ICEMAN wrote:
Someone here on this thread refuses to bring the coffee & posts that lame ass sleepy santa instead. Tell ya what... I'll bring the coffee...

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
(A nice Boyer's medium roast kona blend)

I guess I must be the "someone" culprit. I'd like to get with the program, but I need some help here. What the Hell does "bring the coffee" mean? It can't be an actual cup of coffee from Starbucks or Chock full o'Nuts, because this is all Internet stuff here. However, just in case I'm wrong, here ya go:

Image .......... Image

Bottoms up... :D

Post subject: Re: The Coffee Drinker's Thread - v2.0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:21 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

For the third Sunday of April 2013...

Image Image Image Image Image Image

It looks like my California Golden Bears baseball team will not make The College World Series playoffs for the second straight year, as they're four games under .500 overall and five games under .500 in Pac-12 conference play. The impending series over the second weekend in May with THE ICEMAN's Arizona State Sun Devils looks like it will be yet another romp for The Sun Devils. :cry: I can only hope that The Sun Devils also romp over that eternally damnable junior university the weekend before. Image

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

Post subject: Okay, I think I might be getting it...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:56 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Okay, I think I might be getting it.

Is this the coffee you guys are expecting...?

Image Image

Hey guys are two cups enough? That's all I could afford at the coffee shop, with what I could find in my wallet tonight.

Post subject: What has happened to "The Coffee Drinker's Thread"...?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:11 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

What has happened to "The Coffee Drinker's Thread"...?

It used to be ripping along, with multiple posts every day. Now it seems to be dead. Where has everybody gone? Perhaps it is my fault, because before I dared to post here it was full of life and fun. I hope one of you guys, who used to post here like there was no tomorrow, will come out of hiding, so I won't feel that I am a THREAD KILLER. :cry:

Post subject: U of L is on their way to the College World Series...!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:32 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

The University of Louisville upset Vanderbilt to head to the College World Series today. They will be taking on Indiana University next. I hope that the Cards will continue to advance, but I fear there are some very good teams that they will have to face.

Does anyone else still have a team in the hunt, that you root for?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:42 pm 
Gettysburg

The UCLA Bruins will play LSU this weekend.

Post subject: Darn it...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:14 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Darn it, I was hoping that UCLA wouldn't be there again. If the University of Louisville is so lucky to advance, and winds up facing UCLA, I doubt it will go well for the Cards, seeing that half of UCLA's team has already signed contracts with several major league baseball teams. :lol: Anyway the Cards need to get by the University of Indiana first, a team they beat once and lost twice to during the regular season.

p.s. A friend told me tonight that the last out of U of L's win over Vanderbilt was Carl Yastrzemski's grandson.

Last edited by Cloudy on Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:45 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
Happy Father's Day to all of you Fathers out there. 8-)

This thread needs a serious injection of coffee. Here's a nice Kona blend...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:02 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

THE ICEMAN wrote:
Happy Father's Day to all of you Fathers out there. 8-)

This thread needs a serious injection of coffee. Here's a nice Kona blend...

Two of my kids actually called me to wish me a happy Fathers' Day. That's a step in the right direction. :D

Post subject: You West Coast guys can relax...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:53 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

You West Coast guys can relax, the University of Louisville bowed out of the College World Series today with a whimper. Two games... Two losses, and football and basketball are so far away. :(

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:36 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Greetings & felicitations on this second Saturday morning of July...

We have good news & bad news on this Saturday...

The good news is that Janet "Big Sister" Napolitano is resigning from the post of the U.S. secretary of Homeland Security.

The bad news is that the former Gubna of Az will be named as the next president of the 10-campus University of California system. My condolences.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:15 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell, how about a lil more this day, if only to celebrate The San Francisco Giants finally getting on a lil winning streak, over those sad sack san diego padres. Image

<--and, of course, to provide for enough coffee due to some others' freeloading and slacking... Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

Post subject: The Red Sox are doing pretty well...
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:12 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

The Red Sox are doing pretty well so far this year. With a 58-37 won/loss record, and 1st place in the American League East, I've got my fingers crossed that they can keep it going. Being a Red Sox fan since 1949 (thanks to my dad), and suffering through decades of disappointment upon disappointment, I've learned not to get overly optimistic about the Sox this early in the season. However, if they can continue to win more games than they lose, and make it to the World Series, I have a present that I will send to Liljol. What might that present be...? Well, seeing that this is "The Coffee Drinker's Thread", I think this possible gift is appropriate.

Yep, it will be a set of coffee mugs.

Here they are:

p.s. Liljol, I know that you don't like the Red Sox, but don't immediately smash these coffee mugs (If in the unlikely event, I send them to you.), and dump the broken shards into the trash. Save them until the World Series is over, and if the Red Sox win, you will have two good projectiles to heave at your TV. :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:18 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Welcome to Sunday...

Congratulations are due to Tim Lincecum of the Giants for his first career no-hitter. It only took 148 pitches to take care of the Padres yesterday, second highest pitch count for a no-hitter.

Post subject: That's quite an accomplishment...!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:56 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

THE ICEMAN wrote:
Welcome to Sunday...

Congratulations are due to Tim Lincecum of the Giants for his first career no-hitter. It only took 148 pitches to take care of the Padres yesterday, second highest pitch count for a no-hitter.

That's quite an accomplishment...!

It reminds me of yet one more Red Sox disappointment. In 1967, Twenty-one-year-old Bill Rohr pitched his first major league game for the Red Sox against the New York Yankees. Rohr was down to only needing to get one more strike on Elston Howard in the 9th for a no-hitter. Howard hit a weak single, and Rohr's no-hitter was ruined. The next Yankee was an out giving Rohr a 3-0 win over the Bronx Bombers, but no no-hitter. :cry:

(Interestingly, Elston Howard was traded to the Red Sox later that year.)

Anyway, if you can get Tim Lincecum to autography a baseball card for me, I will pay you for it. :D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:20 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Welcome to the first Saturday in August...

Football season will be upon us shortly & it looks to be a lil bit of a challenge in the schedule for Cal & ASU.
ASU stands alone nationally with six games against the preseason Top 25 and falls just one game behind California, who faces seven teams in the USA Today preseason Top 25. Following ASU and Cal there are nine teams who face five Top 25 teams and 27 teams who face four Top 25 teams in 2013.

Here is the breakdown:

7 Games vs Ranked Teams - 1 Team (California)

6 Games vs Ranked Teams - 1 Team (ASU)

5 Games vs Ranked Teams - 9 Teams

4 Games vs Ranked Teams - 27 Teams

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:55 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Happy Sunday morning

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 7:54 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

THE ICEMAN wrote:
Welcome to the first Saturday in August...

Well, thanks for yesterday's coffee, ICEMAN. ;)

THE ICEMAN wrote:
Football season will be upon us shortly & it looks to be a lil bit of a challenge in the schedule for Cal & ASU.
ASU stands alone nationally with six games against the preseason Top 25 and falls just one game behind California, who faces seven teams in the USA Today preseason Top 25. Following ASU and Cal there are nine teams who face five Top 25 teams and 27 teams who face four Top 25 teams in 2013.

Here is the breakdown:

7 Games vs Ranked Teams - 1 Team (California)

6 Games vs Ranked Teams - 1 Team (ASU)

5 Games vs Ranked Teams - 9 Teams

4 Games vs Ranked Teams - 27 Teams

Well, hell. Not only do my poor suckass golden bears have seven games against USA Today's Top 25, but three of those are in the The Top 5. Image Image Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:46 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

For the fourth and last Sunday in August 2013...

Something tells me that more than a few monitors here in NTN's Site-Poor Backyard will be tuned to The Little League World Championship Game between Japan and Chula Vista Eastlake. Unfortunately, the dream matchup between Chula Vista Eastlake and Tijuana was thwarted by the Japanese team. Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:32 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

For the fifth and last Saturday in August 2013...

Hells bells, both THE ICEMAN and I are likely more than a lil annoyed this morning that those damnable tucson mildrats opened their season with a win, despite sitting down their top RB. Image Something tells me that this long day of banging away will end with me dragging my poor tired lil old grumpy, crying ass home after those evanston mildrats minister the first of numerous godawful, horrible, merciless beatdowns to my poor suckass california golden bears. Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:28 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

liljol wrote:
For the fifth and last Saturday in August 2013...

Thanks for the morning brew lilfriend. Image

liljol wrote:
Hells bells, both THE ICEMAN and I are likely more than a lil annoyed this morning that those damnable tucson mildrats opened their season with a win, despite sitting down their top RB. Image Something tells me that this long day of banging away will end with me dragging my poor tired lil old grumpy, crying ass home after those evanston mildrats minister the first of numerous godawful, horrible, merciless beatdowns to my poor suckass california golden bears. Image

Unfortunately, NAU doesn't present much competition for a Div. 1 team so it was expected. :cry:

ASU opens next Thursday with what should be a cakewalk as well, Sacramento St.
From there it gets interesting with the next four games vs. Wisconsin (We don't need no stinking badgers!!!), at the junior university trees :?: , vs. the USC Condoms & vs. the Flailing Irish played at Arlington. Cal & ASU have some tough schedules this year. If they can survive the early season, well, you never know.
:roll: 8-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:02 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell, for the first Monday in September 2013, Labor Day...

My poor suckass california golden bears somehow managed to hang with those evanston mildrats for a lil more than three quarters. Unfortunately, the true freshman QB Jared Goff tossing two pick sixes spelled doom for the bears. Image The bears host the Portland State Vikings, coming off a big win over Eastern Oregon, and if the bears have any difficulties with The Vikings, it could be a very long year for us poor tired and true golden bear fans. :cry:

THE ICEMAN's Arizona State Sun Devils host the usually suckass sucramento state hornets on Thirsty Thursday, who lost to The San Jose State Spartans. The Spartans get the first shot at destroying the wet dreams of that eternally damnable junior university of an undefeated season and possible national championship. Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:55 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

For the second Monday in September 2013...

While THE ICEMAN's Arizona State Sun Devils made quick and easy work of the usually suckass sucramento state hornets last Thirsty Thursday, my poor suckass california golden bears struggled mightily with The Portland State Vikings. :(

This Saturday at California Memorial Stadium could be the sight of one of the most godawful, horrible beatdowns in golden bear history, as those eternally damnable columbus suckeyes visit, determined to inflict a worse beatdown to my poor suckass golden bears than they did this past Saturday to the poor san diego state aztecs. :cry:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:59 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Thanks for the morning brew. :mrgreen:

Best of luck to those Golden Bears of yours, I'm afeared they will need it. :(

Meanwhile, my Sun Devils host the #20 'sconcin "we don't need no stinkin' badgers". If the Devils can handle this supposed Big 10 power in the same manner they dispatched sucramento state, then this season should be looking good.
8-)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:10 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell, for the third Sunday in September 2013...

While my poor suckass california golden bears lost as expected to those eternally damnable columbus suckeyes, the final score of 52-34 was far better than my poor tired lil old grumpy ass feared. Unfortunately, as long as the golden bears' sorry excuse for a defense continues to give up over 500 yards and 40 points, the all too close win over Portland State may well be the only one this year. The bears have this week off, only to have to make The Death March to Eugene to absorb an almost certain godawful, horrible beatdown from The Oregon Ducks. :cry:

Meanwhile, THE ICEMAN's Arizona State Sun Devils sent those wisconsin badgers back to madison with a loss, thanks in large part to their qb's bungling of what was supposed to be a kneeldown. Image Next week, my hope is that The Sun Devils destroy the wet dreams of that eternally damnable junior university for an undefeated season. Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 642 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 26  Next