New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 642 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
 Post subject: Re: The Coffee Drinker's Thread - v2.0
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:07 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
SEKA wrote:
With the current popularity of the types of coffee-brewing systems that Keurig uses, and drip-coffee machines (such as Mr. Coffee) being used in homes and offices, I was wondering if anyone still uses those old-school percolator brewers?

Yep... But only when I'm oot hunting or camping.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:37 am 
King or Queen Postalot

SEKA wrote:
With the current popularity of the types of coffee-brewing systems that Keurig uses, and drip-coffee machines (such as Mr. Coffee) being used in homes and offices, I was wondering if anyone still uses those old-school percolator brewers?

As ICEMAN says, the only recent times I've seen a perk brewer in action are in my brother's camper, out in the woods somewhere

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:10 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Welcome to the final Sunday of August...

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Well then, next Thursday marks the start of the 2015 College Football season... Image

The much despised tucson mildrats look to pad their record by taking on the San Antonio Roadrunners. Image Then liljol's less than favorite team from that junior university travels to Northwestern to take on that version of a mildrat on Saturday. Image

On to the important stuff...
liljol's much beloved Cal Golden Bears host the Grambling Tiggers. Many are saying the Bears should be going bowling this year. Image
And then my #15 ranked ASU Sun Devils travel to Houston to take on the Texas A&M Gaggies at a neutral site.
Looking forward to another College Football season. Image Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:45 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. Thanks for the first coffee offering for the 2015 season, ICEMAN. Image How about a lil more...Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image

If my California Golden Bears are to go bowling this year, they had better have the necessary wins in hand before this year's final regular season game, since this year the Golden Bears and The Sun Devils must play each other then. Image I expect The Sun Devils needing that win to play in The Pac-12 Championship Game, such as The Pac-12 South looks to be.

And, of course, this lil old grumpy bastard wishes nothing but the worst for all of that eternally damnable junior university, *those* eternally detestable columbus suckeyes, those damnable biting irish, and those detestable tucson *and* manhattan rats. Image Image

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:59 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

First things first, Welcome to Sunday...

liljol wrote:

...If my California Golden Bears are to go bowling this year, they had better have the necessary wins in hand before this year's final regular season game, since this year the Golden Bears and The Sun Devils must play each other then. Image I expect The Sun Devils needing that win to play in The Pac-12 Championship Game, such as The Pac-12 South looks to be...

Well, lets see now, as I see things so far it looks like the Sun Devils are the ones that may have trouble going bowling. :(
Even though they have two wins in the three games so far, all three games have been lackluster performances. Hopefully they can get it in gear going into conference play next week.

Congratulations to liljol's Cal Bears on their "bullet-dodging" win over Tay-hass yesterday. 8-) They were looking pretty strong.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:04 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. Thanks for this week's coffee, ICEMAN. Image

If anyone had the audacity to tell this lil old grumpy bastard that The Golden Bears would be undefeated after three weeks, my answer would have been to ask WTF they were drinking and/or smoking. :lol: As it is, The Golden Bears can *finally* say that they have beaten those austin longhorns, such as it went down. :roll:

Pac-12 play this coming week really gets going, as that eternally damnable junior university plays The Oregon State Beavers in Corvallis. Hopefully The Beavers can send that cardinal out with their first Pac-12 loss. Image

Saturday, The Golden Bears travel to Seattle, hopefully to huck those fuskies. Image Those southern campus bruins travel to tucson to hopefully stick it to those detestable rats :lol: , and THE ICEMAN's Arizona State Sun Devils host the USC Trojans, who must be more than a lil butthurt after their inexplicable loss to that eternally damnable junior university. Image

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:00 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Rivalry weekend, here we come...

Cal vs that eternally damnable junior university... It's time for the 118th edition of this famed rivalry. Cal was charging out of the gate but has faltered in the stretch. I'm guessing liljol's beloved Cal Golden Bears will make a game of it & would love nothing more than to spoil the EDJU's season.

Meanwhile, the rivalry that has been rockin' since 1899 kicks off again Sat. afternoon... The UofEh mildrats travel to Frank Kush Field to try to ruin my Sun Devil's hopes of going bowling this year. Neither team has been consistent this year & have had their own troubles with injuries...
Should be interesting.
GO DEVILS!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 10:44 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. Thanks for yesterday's coffee, ICEMAN. Image How about a lil more...Image

Despite yet another bitter loss to that eternally damnable junior university Image, my California Golden Bears are going bowling this year. Image Thanks to yesterday's great win over those detestable tucson rats, so are THE ICEMAN's Arizona State Sun Devils. Image

Unfortunately, The Golden Bears and The Sun Devils square off this coming Saturday to help determine where they'll be going bowling. :roll: Here's hoping for a good game, with both sides staying healthy.

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 8:34 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Welcome to another Saturday morning...

Well, I think enough time has gone by that I can forgive liljol & his Golden Bear Football team for beating my Sun Devils... :roll:
...And the fact that the Sun Devil Baseball team beat the #15 ranked Bears last night. Hopefully my Devils can win the next two against Cal to put an exclamation point on an otherwise lackluster season... 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:41 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

THE ICEMAN wrote:
Welcome to another Saturday morning...

Well, I think enough time has gone by that I can forgive liljol & his Golden Bear Football team for beating my Sun Devils... :roll:
...And the fact that the Sun Devil Baseball team beat the #15 ranked Bears last night. Hopefully my Devils can win the next two against Cal to put an exclamation point on an otherwise lackluster season... 8-)

Well, hell. Thanks for the coffee, ICEMAN. :)

However, The Golden Bears evened this series with an 11th inning burst. :D It is way more than a lil strange to see The Golden Bears ranked and The Sun Devils unranked. :shock:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:09 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

liljol wrote:
Well, hell. Thanks for the coffee, ICEMAN. :)

However, The Golden Bears evened this series with an 11th inning burst. :D It is way more than a lil strange to see The Golden Bears ranked and The Sun Devils unranked. :shock:

Yep... considering that Cal almost cancelled the baseball program a few years ago... :roll:
Someone's doing something right.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:08 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Here we are on a Saturday morning, have some coffee... 8-)

Tonight's the night... The Big Game between liljol's Cal Golden Bears & my ASU Sun Devils... :mrgreen: It promises to be a shootout given that each team has something less than a stellar defense this year while each can put a lot of points on the board. So... All that's left to be said is... May the best Offense win!!! :roll: :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:03 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

For National Coffee Day I offer you a nice dark roast... Enjoy!!!

As for this weekend, my 4-0 Sun Devils are on the road to take on the desperate 1-3 SC Trojans - should be interesting. The Cal Bears are at home taking on Utah. liljol my friend, I submit this to you... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1QpyGa61zs 8-)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:04 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. Been way more than a lil while since this lil old grump put the coffee on...

Somehow my Golden Bears hung on for their second win this year over a top 25 team. :) Unfortunately, THE ICEMAN's Sun Devils were victimized by The Trojans. :( Elsewhere, those huckable fuskies destroyed that eternally damnable junior university, and those southern campus Bruins took care of those detestable tucson rats. :D

Am guessing that the NFL fans in The Valley of The Sun are not happy with The Cardinals' slow start. :roll: It could be worse, given the screamingly laughable bunglings of the NFL team in Buzztime's Site-Poor Backyard. :lol:

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:11 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Might as well dig this thread oot of the cellar for its yearly appearance... :roll: :D

Congrats to liljol's Cal Golden Bears for dismantling the #8 ranked Wazzu kitties last night... 8-) Here's hoping my ASU Sun Devils can do the same to the #5 Hucking Fuskies tonight here in the Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil... 8-) (a guy can hope anyway :mrgreen:)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:17 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. Belated thanks, ICEMAN, for the coffee. :D

Thanks to both The Sun Devils and The Golden Bears, this year's Apple Cup has reduced more than a lil in importance. :lol: After further review, though, the downside to last week's results is that eternally damnable junior university's ascension to the top of the Pac-12 North. :(

Hoping that THE ICEMAN and other Sun Devil Faithful will be rooting for the Golden Bears to take down those tucson rats. :) The Sun Devils go to Provo to take on those Utes in a key Pac-12 South game.

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2019 6:34 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

For MS HUF... :cry:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 642 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26