New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 556 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23
 Post subject: Re: Avoid Damage to Speaker and Car...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:29 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Brutus wrote:
Cloudy wrote:
THE ICEMAN wrote:

Never ripped the car window out, or sent the drive-in car speaker crashing to the gravel as I drove off. Did you...? :lol:

p.s. Haven't been to a drive-in movie since 1970. Assuming that drive-in movies still exist, do they still have those heavy metallic speakers that you hung inside of your window to hear the movie?

They still exist and the ones that have survived still pack the lots most weekends, at least around this area. I'm almost too young to remember the heavy metallic speakers but for the most part they aren't around anymore. Drive-ins these days still have the poles up that the speakers were mounted on when not in use but for sound, you simply tune your radio to a certain frequency.

2013 was actually a make or break year for several drive-ins and saw an even further decline in them as the film industry stopped producing the 35mm film that most of them used so they either had to pony up close to $100k for new digital projectors or close up shop.

(Sorry about adding the underline to your post, but I wanted others to know where I took it from. Don't worry, it won't effect your original post.)

"I'm almost too young to remember". What a wonderful predicament to find yourself in. It beats the Hell out of "I'm almost too old to remember." That's where I am today. :lol:

So, if I read you right, there are a few drive-in theaters that are still alive and doing well. However, it's costing them big bucks to adapt their theaters to modern technology. I wouldn't worry about them. As long as cars have back seats, they'll do just fine... :lol:

Post subject: Home Slide Projector Shows...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:48 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Did any of you have to suffer through those boring home slide projector shows back in the 1950s and 60s...? Good news...! I think it's safe now to accept an invitation from your great aunt, Martha, to drop by for a Sunday dinner. I doubt you will have to sit through an hour of having to watch 80 (out of focus) slide projections of the plants and flowers in her garden. Her slide projector must be broken by now, I haven't seen them for sale at Walmart, and seeing that she doesn't have a computer, it's unlikely she has bought a used slide projector on the Internet. :lol:

Thank God they're gone...!

Image Image

(Dang, I hope I'm right about this.)

Post subject: Cap guns are gone...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:38 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cap guns where great fun for kids back in the 1950s. They didn't hurt anybody, but they made a little bang sound when you pulled the trigger. I remember Hopalong Cassidy and Roy Rogers cap guns, and there were many more. The worst thing about them was that frequently the roll of caps would get out of sync with the hammer, and you would have to open the cap gun up and realign the roll of caps, while your buddies blasted away at you.

Sadly, I believe the only place you can find them today is on eBay or Amazon.com, and if you do, good luck finding a roll of caps for them to work. :(

.................... Image .......... Image

p.s. I don't believe that Hoppy ever killed anyone, or seriously wounded them. He did shoot bad guys, but he only shot the gun out of their hands, or winged them. :lol:

Post subject: Re: Try to Remember...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:40 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
Even up til the 70's... We used to take the rolls of caps, set them on the concrete & smack them with a hammer... :shock:
It was just a lil bit more than a "POP"...
8-)

Post subject: The First 16 oz. glass soda bottles...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:48 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Does anyone remember the first 16 oz. glass soda bottles...?

The first time I ever saw one was at Vaith's mom and pop store in Stokes, NY, in the 1950s. Wow, the Royal Crown Colas had four ounces more than all the others, and they didn't cost any more...!

Royal Crown 16 oz. glass soda bottles are a thing of the past. (I don't think that you can buy any soda in a glass bottle anymore.)

...................................................................................................... Image

.................................................................................................................... What a bargain...!

p.s. Vaith's mom and pop store in Stokes, NY, is also a thing of the past. :(

Post subject: Re: The First 16 oz. glass soda bottles...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:28 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
Cloudy wrote:
Does anyone remember the first 16 oz. glass soda bottles...?

The first time I ever saw one was at Vaith's mom and pop store in Stokes, NY, in the 1950s. Wow, the Royal Crown Colas had four ounces more than all the others, and they didn't cost any more...!

Royal Crown 16 oz. glass soda bottles are a thing of the past. (I don't think that you can buy any soda in a glass bottle anymore.)

...................................................................................................... Image

.................................................................................................................... What a bargain...!

p.s. Vaith's mom and pop store in Stokes, NY, is also a thing of the past. :(

Yes, you can, it just depends on what you want & how hard you look. Here in the desert southwest (aka the Gloriously Site-Rich Sun Devil Country) you can find all sorts of bottled sodas, mostly from Mexico with strange Mexican flavors, although real cane sugar Coke bottles are available. You can also find Coke & Pepsi in 8 oz bottles.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 556 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23