Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: food challenges
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:26 pm 
Lotsa Posta

With all due respects to Adam Richman.

What is your personal best at eating?

I'm not asking for anyone to over brag at something because they have more testosterone than anyone else. I'm just asking for people to post some personal bests. Sure you can claim to eat a 5 pound cheeseburger, aka the Fat Teddy

http://www.chubbyrays.com/Fat%20Teddy%20Challenge.html

but be honest and post something you are honestly proud to say you achieved.

Personal bests (separate days):

30 BW's chicken wings, mild sauce, 1 hour. I know I can do better

10 White Castle burgers, 45 minutes

4 full sushi rolls, 45 minutes

Yes, I can do better, but with alcohol in my system, things tend to tell me that I should slow down.

I'm curious what personal challenges I should try.

yerda

Post subject: Re: food challenges
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:38 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

MiniYoda wrote:

Yes, I can do better, but with alcohol in my system, things tend to tell me that I should slow down.

yerda

Nine course dinner at Corbett's with wine pairings. Never had so much food in my life. Went nearly comatose after getting home.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:47 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Dante wrote:
MiniYoda wrote:

yerda

Nine course dinner at Corbett's with wine pairings. Never had so much food in my life. Went nearly comatose after getting home.

okay....DETAILS........explain comatose on food??????

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:44 am 
Moderating Hobbit

MiniYoda wrote:
Dante wrote:
MiniYoda wrote:

yerda

okay....DETAILS........explain comatose on food??????

Asinine amounts of food + a lot of wine = falling asleep very quickly, and not arising for about 14 hours.

But, all in all, it was an amazing dinner. Though it cost more than my first car.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:36 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

16 skinny Air Force pork chops back in 1967. I had not had a a pork chop in over a year. For some reason the Army did not serve pork other than bacon.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:19 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Three 14" Pizza Hut pizzas.

The year was 1978. A friend of mine and I were on a spring break road trip, and we were passing through North Carolina on our way back north to Maine. We had come up with the idea that lunch buffets were the cheapest way to dine on the road, and we were living on one meal a day plus small snacks. We hit a Pizza Hut somewhere off US 301 in rural North Carolina for a $1.99 lunch buffet, and my friend had a bit more than one pizza from their buffet while I had two full pizzas (16 slices).

Then my friend, legal by two months, decided that he'd like a beer with his meal.. He ordered, providing ID. The out-of-state ID was refused. He didn't make a scene, but I was so angry that I got up, got eight more pieces of pizza, and finished them.

The local sherriff followed us out of the Pizza Hut and tailgated us at the speed limit all the way out of the county. I was driving with my pants undone: the waist no longer fit. I didn't eat again for twenty-one hours.

Great memories. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:56 pm 
Lotsa Posta

I know that I can't compete with the contest at Coney Island, but a friend and I had a contest of who could eat the most hotdogs. This was in Hollywood many years ago and I downed 14. These were big ones too. After the first 6, the owner gave us the rest for free, but I didn't eat hot dogs for 3 years afterwards.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:38 am 
Lightning II

The eating competetions I used to do were particularly crazy. I suck in the endurance type events, but anything up to about 15-20 I can do. had a hot wing challenge that I ate 108 wings in 12 min, only one I ever lost, that the before and after was 4.6lbs. If Ihad won I would have received season tickets to the browns, instead i got a 4day vacation. I think I came out ahead on that one..... :)

Putting the F U in fun since 1999!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:46 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Prozac wrote:
The eating competetions I used to do were particularly crazy. I suck in the endurance type events, but anything up to about 15-20 I can do. had a hot wing challenge that I ate 108 wings in 12 min, only one I ever lost, that the before and after was 4.6lbs. If Ihad won I would have received season tickets to the browns, instead i got a 4day vacation. I think I came out ahead on that one..... :)

Didn't you win the Blazin' Wings challenge at Triviapalooza I?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:15 pm 
U > 100 * 2

tiefly wrote:
Prozac wrote:

Those people are just plain nuts. I definitely wouldn't want to be them come the day after either. You think it burns going in, it burns even more coming back out. Their blazin sauce also doubles as weed and grass killer. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:34 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I ate half of an apple in one sitting.

PROZAC did win the TP Wing Contest, barely edging out FYRFTR.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:41 am 
Lightning II

tiefly wrote:
Prozac wrote:

yup. 34 seconds iirc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:42 am 
Lightning II

Prozac wrote:
tiefly wrote:
Prozac wrote:

yup. 34 seconds iirc

No, I take that back, it took longer than that, the wings came DIRECTLY from the fryer and I burnt the shit out of the roof of my mouth. 34 sec was the one I did in Medina. I wonder if they are still doing the Blazing challenge? Anyone know?

Post subject: Two Thanksgiving dinners...
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:23 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Two Thanksgiving dinners, back to back.

(Mind you, not just one, but two. When the first was over I had less than 20 minutes to make it to the second.)

My mother had prepared a full Thanksgiving dinner for the family, which I could not miss, and I had to partake of everything she put on the table. However, my girlfriend's mother had invited me to share Thanksgiving dinner with her family also, an event that I could not miss either. I could not insult either my mother or my girlfriend's mother by not eating everything they put in front of me, so I stuffed myself that Thanksgiving day to the point of a nuclear explosion, that could have wiped out Oneida County. Thank God I was young back then, and my stomach could hold it all in. Though I suffered, I made two moms happy, and saved Oneida County from a devastating explosion of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, asparagus, cranberry sauce, creamed corn, muffins, and pumpkin pie.

I pulled it off. My mother still loves me, and that girlfriend married me. However, I will never eat two Thanksgiving dinners back to back ever again.

p.s. How many pounds of food did I take in that day...? Can't know for sure, but I would guess it must have been pretty close to twenty. Yeah, one plate would not have been enough to make both moms happy, so I forced myself to load up again for seconds.

Yep, never again. No one wants this to happen:

Last edited by Cloudy on Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Two Thanksgiving dinners...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:40 am 
Lotsa Posta

Cloudy wrote:
Two Thanksgiving dinners, back to back.

(Mind you, not just one, but two. When the first was over I had less than 20 minutes to make it to the second.)

My mother had prepared a full Thanksgiving dinner for the family, which I could not miss, and I had to partake of everything she had prepared. However, my girlfriend's mother had invited me to share Thanksgiving dinner with her family also, an event that I could not miss either. I could not insult either my mother or my girlfriend's mother by not eating everything they put in front of me, so I stuffed myself that Thanksgiving day to the point of a nuclear explosion, that could have wiped out Oneida County. Thank God I was young back then, and my stomach could hold it all in. Though I suffered, I made two moms happy, and saved Oneida County from a devastating explosion of turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, asparagus, cranberry sauce, creamed corn, muffins, and pumpkin pie.

I pulled it off. My mother still loves me, and that girlfriend married me. However, I will never eat two Thanksgiving dinners back to back ever again.

p.s. How many pounds of food did I take in that day...? Can't know for sure, but I would guess it must have been pretty close to twenty. Yeah, one plate would not have been enough to make both moms happy, so I forced myself to load up again for seconds.

Yep, never again. No one wants this to happen:

That's why you have to go into training. There is a way to train for "over eating", and it helps with this time of the year. Basically, it involves GALLONS of water, or another beverage that would help replace electrolytes and anything else you pee. This helps stretch the stomach.

I'm working on this task right now, because for the past four years I've had to eat two major meals on Turkey day. Four years ago, it was my mother's MAJOR feast, followed by my father-in-law's family. Now, with my mother in the nursing home an unable to cook, I do the mother-in-law family thing for lunch, and the father-in-law family thing for supper. Little time between rounds, but more than your 20 minutes, and the wife drives so I can enjoy one or two or ten adult beverages. I try to avoid deserts and appetizers, but.....yea.......I know.

Happy Turkey Day everyone. Eat Drink and Be Merry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:55 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Prozac wrote:
tiefly wrote:
Prozac wrote:

yup. 34 seconds iirc

Now that is the good old days from Scar that we didn't want to lose! Talk of painful Hot Wings.

Where is Tiefly these days? Still alive? Anyone know?

RIP Cloudy.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 5:24 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Tiefly posts on Facebook almost every day, so I assume he and his dog are OK.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:10 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Gogetem wrote:
Tiefly posts on Facebook almost every day, so I assume he and his dog are OK.

Good to know he's alive and that his hobbies have not caught up with him yet. Tell Tiefly to pop in here and say hello to those not in his facebook circle.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!