New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: SHERLOCK HOLMES
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:06 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

SHERLOCK HOLMES

Thanks to ICEMAN, the "Free For All" forum has a new thread tonight.

Welcome to the "Sherlock Holmes" thread. This will be a fun, educational, and thought provoking thread. It will be a thread where you can let your kids and grandkids go without fear. This will be a thread, where the greatest minds on the "ScaRatings", will congregate to use their powers of deductive reasoning to solve the World's problems, and lead us into a future, where all is right, good, and where the best "no idea guess" will not usually be #3 on NTN anymore. :lol: We will visit the past, discuss the present, and speculate on the future. There will be humor. There will be memories. There will be imaginative thoughts. However, most of all, there will be FUN...! :D

Climb on aboard...

Heck, why not start this thread out with a trivia question...?

What fictional character has been featured in more movies that any other...?

Last edited by Cloudy on Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:56 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: SHERLOCK HOLMES
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:14 am 
Himself Fodder

How about the "greatest deductive minds on scaratings" figure out a way to keep BT from destroying their own product on February 28th?

Post subject: Let's all meet at the Diogenes Club...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:42 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
How about the "greatest deductive minds on scaratings" figure out a way to keep BT from destroying their own product on February 28th?

Let's all meet at the Diogenes Club, and talk this over as a group.

(I know this poses a little problem, but we should all know where the Diogenes Club is, and I can solve that that little problem, when we get there. Trust me.)

p.s. Sorry for my seemingly silly reply, but this is the "Sherlock Holmes" thread, and most Sherlockians will be able to figure out my seemingly silly reply. :D

............. "Hush, do you want to get us thrown out...?"

Post subject: Some guy just sent me his picture...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:57 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Some guy just sent me his picture in an "unsigned" e-mail wanting to know how he could post things to this thread on the "ScaRatings". Does anyone know who this joker is, or why we should allow him into our Sherlock Holmes inner circle?

Sure looks like some kind of a nut to me. Here's his picture:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:45 am 
Golden Tee Master

Cloudy wrote:

That goes back and forth between two characters. Currently Holmes is a few movies ahead
of Dracula.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:48 am 
Golden Tee Master

-BO- wrote:

Only way you can change that is to buy the company. :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:52 pm 
U > 100 * 2

-BO- wrote:

Maybe BT wanted people in the Mountain and Pacific time zones to start having higher scores on the boards, because that's exactly what's going to happen. Suddenly perfect games start magically springing up all over the west coast for whatever reason on all premium games. :roll:

--Tony

Post subject: Re: Let's all meet at the Diogenes Club...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:53 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

Cloudy wrote:
-BO- wrote:

(I know this poses a little problem, but we should all know where the Diogenes Club is, and I can solve that that little problem, when we get there. Trust me.)

p.s. Sorry for my seemingly silly reply, but this is the "Sherlock Holmes" thread, and most Sherlockians will be able to figure out my seemingly silly reply. :D

Yep. You can't even fart audibly in the Diogenes Club, much less hold a discussion

Thank you for the Ban Thread fodder! ;)

Post subject: Hmm, Dracula...?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:32 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

cards wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

That goes back and forth between two characters. Currently Holmes is a few movies ahead
of Dracula.

Hmm, Dracula...? CARDS you have a good point. However, if you listen to the "Coast to Coast" late night radio show, I think you will find that there are many, many fellow Americans, who do NOT believe Dracula was (is) a fictional character. He certainly has real flesh and blood origins starting with Vlad the Impaler.

................................... Image

................. "I'm real. If you don't believe me, Drop by my stakehouse sometime."

Post subject: I said, "Trust me."
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:57 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

pengwn wrote:
Cloudy wrote:
-BO- wrote:

Yep. You can't even fart audibly in the Diogenes Club, much less hold a discussion

Thank you for the Ban Thread fodder! ;)

Oh, PENGWN, I said, "Trust me." Have I ever let you down...?

Of course you are correct, there is no talking allowed in most of the Diogenes Club. However, there is one exception. We will be meeting in the "Strangers Room". Mycroft will probably be there to greet us, and this a place where we may discuss things out loud to our heart's content, within the safety of the walls of the Diogenes Club.

................... Image

"Sherlock, tell CLOUDY to ban PENGWN for not knowing about the Strangers Room."

Last edited by Cloudy on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: I don't want this question to be lost...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:19 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
Some guy just sent me his picture in an "unsigned" e-mail wanting to know how he could post things to this thread on the "ScaRatings". Does anyone know who this joker is, or why we should allow him into our Sherlock Holmes inner circle?

I don't want this question to be lost, so I'm putting it up here again. I'm not sure of his name, or what he might have to do with Sherlock Holmes, but his face rings a bell... :lol:

Post subject: Here's a question that I DON'T know the answer to:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:43 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

The greatest number of movies based on a fictional character was one question. However, here's another one, that I don't know the answer to. Arthur Conan Doyle only wrote 60 Sherlock Holmes short stories and novels. However, there have been hundreds of pastiches (Perhaps a gross understatement.) written about Sherlock Holmes, or that involve him in some significant way. I've read a gazzillion of them. They have Sherlock teaming up with Tarzan, Sherlock portrayed as a praying mantis, Sherlock in Dallas investigating the Kennedy assassination, Sherlock finally confronting the giant rat of Sumatra, and on and on and on and on, to even include some strange Hindu tale, stranger yet, a sci-fi story of Sherlock moving unused cosmic space to where he needs it, and anything else you can dream up in between. Some are absolutely terrible, and some are better than Doyle's originals.

Anyway, I am going out on a limb, and guessing that no other fictional characted has had more novels, short stories, pastiches, spoofs, satires, etc., written with him as the main (or significant) character than Sherlock Holmes.

Does anybody know if I am right, or even think that I might be?

Image ......... Image .......... Image ......... Image

Post subject: "Rache" got this all started...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:30 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Thanks to ICEMAN, "Rache" got this whole thread started. I know that ICEMAN knows why, but does anybody else know too...? :D

Last edited by Cloudy on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Have any of you guys and gals ever read...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:44 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Have any of you guys and gals ever read all 60 of Doyle's sacred canon...? Have any of you ever joined a scion of the "Baker Street Irregulars"? Please let me know if you have, and if you haven't, it's time to get one going.

p.s. Joining or starting a scion of the Baker Street Irregulars is a lot of fun. You will meet all sorts of very intelligent new friends. Furthermore, if you do it right, a lot of drinking fits in just fine.

Yes, your scion could decide to go on a road trip to London, and put a few pints down at the Sherlock Holmes Pub. (Be sure to visit the upstairs room while you are there.)

p.p.s. Even if you are not a true Sherlockian yet, please don't let me run you off. I am sure that many of you have interest in Sherlock Holmes, and comments that you would like to post. Don't be afraid, I promise NOT to beat up on anybody. With the exception of having to respond to being banned on the "Ban the Person Above You" thread for something that originated here. (Right, PENGWIN...?) :lol:

Last edited by Cloudy on Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Have any of you guys and gals ever read...
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:41 am 
King or Queen Postalot

Cloudy wrote:
Have any of you guys and gals ever read all 60 of Doyle's sacred canon...?

Twice. In addition, my DVD library contains nine classic SH movies, plus the Morton Downey Jr. edition that came out a year or so ago. I like Basil Rathbone's performances best, and Arthur Wontner did well in the role too.

Cloudy wrote:
Yes, your scion could decide to go on a road trip to London, and put a few pints down at the Sherlock Holmes Pub. (Be sure to visit the upstairs room while you are there.)

London's too expensive to get to, but next time I'm in Edmonton, I'll be sure to drop by at least one of the three Sherlock Holmes Pubs there. Just for you

http://www.edmontonpubs.com/content/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=13

Cloudy wrote:
p.p.s. Even if you are not a true Sherlockian yet, please don't let me run you off.

Everybody you were able to run off from Scaratings was gone a loooong time ago! :P

And if it wasn't for FLILJL getting in the way, I would've banned you for SEXTUPLE posting. My Goddess, this is a family forum, yet you shamelessly post-whore yourself out like that. Tsk tsk

Post subject: Sherlock Holmes Pub, Edmonton...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:32 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

pengwn wrote:
London's too expensive to get to, but next time I'm in Edmonton, I'll be sure to drop by at least one of the three Sherlock Holmes Pubs there. Just for you

http://www.edmontonpubs.com/content/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=13

Cloudy wrote:
p.p.s. Even if you are not a true Sherlockian yet, please don't let me run you off.

Everybody you were able to run off from Scaratings was gone a loooong time ago! :P

And if it wasn't for FLILJL getting in the way, I would've banned you for SEXTUPLE posting. My Goddess, this is a family forum, yet you shamelessly post-whore yourself out like that. Tsk tsk

Thanks, PENGWN, I didn't know that there was a Sherlock Holmes Pub in Edmonton. It looks like a fun place. Let me know before you go there next time. I might ask you to pick a few things up for me, when you go.

p.s. There used to be a Sherlock Holmes Pub (Restaurant ?) in downtown Chicago back in the early 1980's, but I think it is now gone.

Post subject: Partial list of some of the Sherlock Holmes pastiches...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:36 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
The greatest number of movies based on a fictional character was one question. However, here's another one, that I don't know the answer to. Arthur Conan Doyle only wrote 60 Sherlock Holmes short stories and novels. However, there have been hundreds of pastiches (Perhaps a gross understatement.) written about Sherlock Holmes, or that involve him in some significant way. I've read a gazzillion of them. They have Sherlock teaming up with Tarzan, Sherlock portrayed as a praying mantis, Sherlock in Dallas investigating the Kennedy assassination, Sherlock finally confronting the giant rat of Sumatra, and on and on and on and on, to even include some strange Hindu tale, stranger yet, a sci-fi story of Sherlock moving unused cosmic space to where he needs it, and anything else you can dream up in between. Some are absolutely terrible, and some are better than Doyle's originals.

Anyway, I am going out on a limb, and guessing that no other fictional characted has had more novels, short stories, pastiches, spoofs, satires, etc., written with him as the main (or significant) character than Sherlock Holmes.

Does anybody know if I am right, or even think that I might be?

Here's a partial list of some of the Sherlock Holmes novel pastiches:

(THIS LIST INCLUDES ONLY PUBLISHED NOVELS IN WHICH HOLMES IS AT LEAST ONE OF THE MAIN CHARACTERS AND THAT ARE AT LEAST 100 PAGES IN LENGTH. IT DOES NOT INCLUDE FOREIGN LANGUAGE BOOKS, CHILDREN'S BOOKS, GRAPHIC NOVELS, FILM SCRIPTS OR PLAYS.)

Adams, Guy: THE BREATH OF GOD (Titan, 2011)
Andrews, Val: SHERLOCK HOLMES & THE EMINENT THESPIAN (Ian Henry, 1988)
Andrews, Val: SHERLOCK HOLMES & THE BRIGHTON PAVILION MYSTERY (Ian Henry,1989)
Andrews, Val: SHERLOCK HOLMES & THE EGYPTIAN HALL ADVENTURE (Breese, 1993)
Andrews, Val: SHERLOCK HOLMES & THE GREYFRIARS SCHOOL MYSTERY (PP,1993; Breese,1995)
Andrews, Val: SHERLOCK HOLMES & THE HOUDINI BIRTHRIGHT (Breese,1995)
Andrews, Val: SHERLOCK HOLMES & THE YULE-TIDE MYSTERY (Breese, 1996)
Andrews, Val: SHERLOCK HOLMES & THE MAN WHO LOST HIMSELF (Breese,1996)
Andrews, Val: SHERLOCK HOLMES & THE THEATRE OF DEATH (Breese, 1997)
Andrews, Val: SHERLOCK HOLMES & THE CIRCUS OF FEAR (Breese, 1997)
Andrews, Val: SHERLOCK HOLMES & THE SANDRINGHAM HOUSE MYSTERY(Breese, 1998)
Andrews, Val: SHERLOCK HOLMES & THE TOMB OF TERROR (Breese, 2000)
Andrews, Val: SHERLOCK HOLMES AT THE VARIETIES (Breese, 2000)
Andrews, Val: SHERLOCK HOLMES ON THE WESTERN FRONT (Breese, 2000)
Andrews, Val: THE TORMENT OF SHERLOCK HOLMES (Breese, 2000)
Andrews, Val: SHERLOCK HOLMES & THE HOLBORN EMPORIUM (Breese, 2001)
Andrews, Val: SHERLOCK HOLMES & THE LONG ACRE VAMPIRE (Breese, 2001)
Andrews, Val: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE SECRET SEVEN (Breese, 2001)
Andrews, Val: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE GHOST OF BAKER STREET (Breese, 2006) holmes is the ghost
Andrews, Val: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE HILLDROP CRESCENT MYSTERY (Breese, 2011) published posthumously
Antidormi, Daniel: SHERLOCK HOLMES: MY BROTHER'S KEEPER (Antidormi, 1982) holmes + col. james moriarty
Applegate, Jacquelyn: TRIAL AND ERROR: A MYSTERY OF SELENA JONES FEATURING SHERLOCK HOLMES
Arnold, Alan: YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES (Pocket Books, 1985) film novelization
Aubrey, Edmund: SHERLOCK HOLMES IN DALLAS (Dodd, Mead, 1980) kennedy assassination
Avery, Graham: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE STRANGE EVENTS AT THE BANK OF ENGLAND (Ian Henry, 1997)
Bangs, J. K.: THE PURSUIT OF THE HOUSEBOAT (Harper Bros., 1897) fantasy
Baranowski, Don W.: SHERLOCK HOLMES: THE ADVENTURE OF THE FRANKENSTEIN MONSTER (Infinity, 2006)
Baring-Gould, William S.: SHERLOCK HOLMES OF BAKER STREET (Clarkson Potter, 1962) definitive holmes bio
Bensen, D.R.: SHERLOCK HOLMES IN NEW YORK (Ballantine, 1976) film novelization
Berger, Arthur Asa: DURKHEIM IS DEAD! (Altamira, 2003) sociological theory
Biggle, Lloyd, Jr.: THE QUALLSFORD INHERITANCE (St. Martin's Press, 1986) holmes + porter jones
Biggle, Lloyd, Jr.: THE GLENDOWER CONSPIRACY (Council Oak Books, 1990) holmes + jones
Boothe, Gary F.: THE SECRET OF SHERLOCK HOLMES (Press Craft, 1997)
Boyer, Richard L.: THE GIANT RAT OF SUMATRA (Warner Books, 1976)
Brown, Barry S.: THE UNPLEASANTNESS OF PARKERTON MANOR: MRS. HUDSON OF BAKER ST. (Sunstone Press, 2010)
Brown, Russell A.: SHERLOCK HOLMES & THE MYSTERIOUS FRIEND OF OSCAR WILDE (St. Martin's Press, 1988) holmes is gay
Bugge, Carol: THE STAR OF INDIA (St. Martin's Press, 1998)
Bugge, Carol: THE HAUNTING OF TORRE ABBEY (St Martin's Press, 2000)
Campbell, Patrick J.: HOLMES IN THE WEST COUNTRY (BSDB, 2000)
Cannon, P.H.: PULPTIME (Weirdbook Press, 1984) holmes and lovecraft
Carr, Caleb: THE ITALIAN SECRETARY (Carroll and Graf, 2005)
Carraher, Philip J.: SHERLOCK HOLMES: THE ADVENTURE OF THE DEAD RABBITS SOCIETY (1stbooks, 2001) holmes in nyc alias simon hawkes
Carraher, Philip J.: SHERLOCK HOLMES IN NEW YORK: THE ADVENTURE OF THE NEW YORK RIPPER (Infinity, 2005) holmes alias simon hawkes
Cavenagh, Tom: SHERLOCK HOLMES, THE INSIDIOUS SUCCESSION (Morris Publishing, 2000)
Cavenagh, Tom: SHERLOCK HOLMES, REPORTS FROM THE DARK SIDE (iUniverse, 2009)
Cavenagh, Tom: SHERLOCK HOLMES' END JUSTIFIES? (iUniverse, 2010)
Chabon, Michael: THE FINAL SOLUTION (Fourth Estate, 2004) retirement
Coghlan, Ronan: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE HEIR OF ALBION (Xiphos, 2007) fantasy
Collins, Randall: THE CASE OF THE PHILOSOPHERS' RING (Crown, 1978) occult fantasy, holmes + crowley
Cooke, Jason: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE MORPHINE GAMBIT (Baker St. Studios, 2009)
Cooke, R. McIntyre: THE YUKON IN PERIL (iUniverse, 2011)
Cooper, Basil: SOLAR PONS VS. THE DEVIL'S CLAW (Sarob Press, 2004)
Cooper-Posey, Tracy: CHRONICLES OF THE LOST YEARS (Ravenstone, 1999) holmes + elizabeth sigerson
Cooper-Posey, Tracy: THE RELUCTANT AGENT (Ravenstone, 2001)
Cover, Arthur Byron: AN EAST WIND COMING (Playboy Press, 1979) sci-fi
Craddock, Amy: THE TRAVELS OF EMILE SIGERSON (Lulu, 2010)
Cullin, Mitch: A SLIGHT TRICK OF THE MIND (Doubleday, 2005) retirement
Cypser, Darlene A.: THE CRACK IN THE LENS (Foolscap and Quill, 2010) holmes as teenager in love
D'Agneau, Marcel aka Sam North: THE CURSE OF THE NIBELUNG: BEING THE LAST CASE OF LORD HOLMES OF BAKER STREET AND SIR JOHN WATSON (Arlington Books, 1981)
Daley, Martin: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE CARLISLE ADVENTURE OF THE SPANISH DRUMS (Bookcase, 2003)
Daly, Lorraine: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE LUSITANIA (Ian Henry, 1998)
D'Artagnan, Robert: SHERLOCK HOLMES' LAST CASE (Xlibris, 2001) holmes + freud
Davies, David Stuart: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE HENTZAU AFFAIR (Ian Henry, 1991)
Davies, David Stuart: THE TANGLED SKEIN (Theme Publications, 1992) holmes dracula baskervilles
Davies, David Stuart: THE SCROLL OF THE DEAD (Calabash Press, 1998)
Davies, David Stuart: THE SHADOW OF THE RAT (Calabash Press, 1999)
Davies, David Stuart: THE VEILED DETECTIVE (Hale, 2004) watson and hudson are moriarty operatives
Davies, Martin: MRS. HUDSON AND THE SPIRITS' CURSE (Berkley Trade, 2004) mrs. hudson is the genius and holmes a pretentious fool
Davies, Martin: MRS. HUDSON AND THE MALABAR ROSE (Berkley Trade, 2005) "mrs. hudson is called upon to give a lesson to......sherlock holmes"
Day, Barry: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE SHAKESPEARE GLOBE MURDERS (Oberon Books, 1997)
Day, Barry: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE COPYCAT MURDERS (Second Opinion, 2000)
Day, Barry: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE ALICE IN WONDERLAND MURDERS (Second Opinion, 2001)
Day, Barry: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE APOCALYPSE MURDERS (Second Opinion, 2001)
Day, Barry: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE SEVEN DEADLY SINS MURDERS (Second Opinion, 2002)
Derleth, August: MR. FAIRLIE'S FINAL JOURNEY (Mycroft & Moran, 1968) solar pons
Dibdin, Michael: THE LAST SHERLOCK HOLMES STORY (Pantheon Books, 1978) holmes is evil
Dixon, June and Donald Monat: THE MERCHANT OF DEATH (iUniverse, 2008)
Douglas, Carole Nelson: CHAPEL NOIR (Forge, 2001) skewed depiction of holmes/adler roles
Dvorkin, David: TIME FOR SHERLOCK HOLMES (Dodd, Mead & Co., 1983) far-flung sci-fi
Edmiston, Fred W.: THE CASE OF THE ILL-FATED PLAYWRIGHT (CreateSpace, 2010)
Eller, Ben F.: THE CHILDREN OF SHERLOCK HOLMES (Pendium, 2008)
Estleman, Loren D.: SHERLOCK HOLMES VS. DRACULA, OR THE ADVENTURE OF THE SANGUINARY COUNT (Doubleday, 1978)
Estleman, Loren D.: DR. JEKYLL AND MR. HOLMES (Doubleday, 1979)
Falkingham, Jeff: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE COUNTY COURTHOUSE CAPER (Beaver's Pond Press, 2000)
Falkingham, Jeff: SHERLOCK HOLMES: IN SEARCH OF THE SOURCE (XLibris, 2009)
Farmer, Philip Jose: THE ADVENTURE OF THE PEERLESS PEER (Dell, 1976) parody, holmes + tarzan
Faye, Lyndsay: DUST AND SHADOW: AN ACCOUNT OF THE RIPPER KILLINGS BY DR. JOHN H. WATSON (Simon and Schuster, 2009)
Feuer, Lewis S.: THE CASE OF THE REVOLUTIONIST'S DAUGHTER: SHERLOCK HOLMES MEETS KARL MARX (Prometheus Books, 1983)
Fischman, Lawrence: THE FRENCH ARTILLERY OFFICER (Grams Group, 2009)
Fleissner, Robert F.: THE MASTER SLEUTH ON THE TRAIL OF EDMOND DROOD: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE JASPER SYNDROME: AN ANNOTATED PASTICHE (Xlibris, 2002) utterly implausible
Forsythe, Berkley: EXPO '98: SHERLOCK HOLMES IN OMAHA (Simmons-Boardman Books, 1987)
Frawley, Kenneth: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE CASE OF THE MISSING AMERICAN CULTURE (Xlibris, 2004)
Freemantle, Brian: THE HOLMES INHERITANCE (Severn House, 2004) holmes + son
Freemantle, Brian: THE HOLMES FACTOR (Severn House, 2005) holmes + son
Friesner, Esther M.: DRUID'S BLOOD (Signet, 1988) donne + weston, fantasy
Fullenkamp, Luke Steven: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE ADVENTURE OF THE THREE DRAGONS (1st Books, 2000)
Fullenkamp, Luke Steven: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE GHOST OF THE FLYING DUTCHMAN (1st Books, 2001)
Fullenkamp, Luke Steven: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE SEARCH FOR EXCALIBUR (Authorhouse, 2004)
Gambogi, Robert C.: YOUNG MR. WATSON (Plowshares Press, 2010)
Garcia, Emanuel E.: THE CASE OF THE MISSING STRADIVARIUS (Irregular Special Press, 2009)
Gentile, Joe: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND KOLCHAK THE NIGHT STALKER: CRY OF THUNDER (Moonstone, 2010)
Gilbert, Paul D.: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE GIANT RAT OF SUMATRA (Hale, 2011)
Gracely, Daniel: THE GIANT RAT OF SUMATRA (Grandma's Attic Press, 2001)
Gracely, Daniel: THE STRANGE DOINGS OF J. LESLIE RYDER (Grandma's Attic Press, 2002) absurd and convoluted
Grant, Barry: THE STRANGE RETURN OF SHERLOCK HOLMES (Severn House, 2010)
Grant, Barry: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE SHAKESPEARE LETTER (Severn House, 2011)
Greenwood, L.B.: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE CASE OF THE RALEIGH LEGACY (St. Martin's, 1987)
Greenwood, L.B.: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE CASE OF SABINA HALL (Simon & Schuster, 1988)
Greenwood, L.B.: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE THISTLE OF SCOTLAND (Simon & Schuster, 1989)
Gregson, J.M.: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE FRIGHTENED GOLFER (Breese, 1999)
Hale, Kelly: FACTION PARADOX: ERASING SHERLOCK (Mad Norwegian Press, 2006) time traveler visits holmes, explicit sex
Hall, John: THE TRAVELS OF SHERLOCK HOLMES (Breese, 1997)
Hall, John: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE TELEPHONE MURDER MYSTERY (Breese, 1998)
Hall, John: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE BOULEVARD ASSASSIN (Breese, 1999)
Hall, John: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE DISGRACED INSPECTOR (Breese, 1999)
Hall, John: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE ABBEY SCHOOL MYSTERY (Breese, 2001)
Hall, John: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE ADLER PAPERS (Breese, 2001)
Hall, John: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE HAMMERFORD WILL (Breese, 2001)
Hall, John: SHERLOCK HOLMES AT THE RAFFLES HOTEL (Baker St. Studios, 2008)
Hall, Robert Lee: EXIT SHERLOCK HOLMES (John Murray, 1977) victorian sci-fi
Hanna, Edward B.: THE WHITECHAPEL HORRORS (Carroll & Graf, 1992) holmes and ripper
Hapi (aka Alex Jack): THE ADAMANTINE SHERLOCK HOLMES: THE ADVENTURES IN TIBET AND INDIA (Kanthaka Press, 1974) bizarre anti-holmes
Hardwick, Michael and Mollie: THE PRIVATE LIFE OF SHERLOCK HOLMES (Mayflower, 1970) film novelization
Hardwick, Michael: PRISONER OF THE DEVIL (Proteus Books, 1979) dreyfus affair
Hardwick, Michael: SHERLOCK HOLMES, MY LIFE AND CRIMES (Doubleday, 1984)
Hardwick, Michael: THE REVENGE OF THE HOUND (Villard Books, 1987)
Harmidarow, Walter J.: THE FINAL SOLUTION (Battered Silicon Dispatch Box, 1998)
Harrison, Michael: I, SHERLOCK HOLMES (Dutton, 1977) scholarly autobio
Haskell, Owen: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE FALL RIVER TRAGEDY (Lazarus Press, 1996) with lizzie borden inquest testimony
Heard, H.F.: A TASTE FOR HONEY (Vanguard Press, 1941) Also published as "A Taste For Murder" retirement, "mr. mycroft"
Heard, H.F.: REPLY PAID (Vanguard Press, 1942) "mr. mycroft"
Heard, H.F.: THE NOTCHED HAIRPIN (Vanguard, 1949) "mr. mycroft"
Hodel, Michael P. and Sean Wright: ENTER THE LION (Hawthorn Books, 1979) mycroft + holmes
Holms, G. Randolph: THE HOUNDS OF THE VATICAN, OR HOLMES' LAST BOW (Vantage Press, 1986) ridiculous
Horowitz, Anthony: THE HOUSE OF SILK (Mulholland Books, 2011)
Howell, Wayne: THE BACCHUS CLUB MYSTERY: A FURTHER ADVENTURE OF SHERLOCK HOLMES (Kylix Media, 1991)
Hughes, P. Whitney: THE EXTRAORDINARY AFFAIR OF THE SECOND GREAT HIATUS (Lulu, 2005)
Hughes, P. Whitney: THE ADVENTURE OF THE TWO COPTIC PATRIARCHS (BSDB, 2007)
Hughes, P. Whitney: THE ADVENTURE OF THE VICTORIAN VULCAN (BSDB, 2007)
Jacobs, Earle W.: THE GRIMPEN MIRE AFFAIR (AuthorHouse, 2010)
Jaeger, Rainer: ART IN THE BLOOD (Lulu, 2008)
James, L. Frank: A STUDY IN TRUTH aka AN OPENED GRAVE (Singing Tree Press, 2005) time travel, right-wing christian propaganda
Janda, Anita: THE SECRET DIARY OF DR WATSON (Allison & Busby, 2001) the story behind the stories
Jaynes, Roger: A DUEL WITH THE DEVIL (Breese, 2003)
Jaynes, Roger: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND CHILFORD RIPPER (Irregular Special Press, 2006)
Jeffers, H. Paul: THE ADVENTURE OF THE STALWART COMPANIONS (Harper & Row, 1978) holmes + teddy roosevelt
Jones, Watkin, THE CASE OF THE SCARLET WOMAN, SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE OCCULT (St. Martin's, 1979) 3 interrelated stories
Jozsa, Magda: SHERLOCK HOLMES ON THE WILD FRONTIER (Booksurge, 2005)
Kendrick, Stephen: NIGHT WATCH: A LONG-LOST ADVENTURE IN WHICH SHERLOCK HOLMES MEETS FATHER BROWN (Pantheon Books, 2001)
Kent, Tilby: THE IRREGULAR PART III (Battered Sil. Dis. Box, 1998) thinly disguised pederasty
Kilcup, Dan: CHINESE BOX MYSTERIES, VOL. 1 (PP, 1996) holmes + watson's son
King, John R.: THE SHADOW OF REICHENBACH FALLS (Forge, 2008)
King, Laurie R.: THE BEEKEEPER'S APPRENTICE (St. Martins, 1994) mary russell + holmes
King, Laurie R.: A MONSTROUS REGIMENT OF WOMEN (St. Martins, 1995) russell + holmes
King, Laurie R.: A LETTER OF MARY (St. Martin's, 1997) russell + holmes
King, Laurie R.: THE MOOR: A NOVEL OF SUSPENSE FEATURING MARY RUSSELL (St Martin's, 1998)
King, Laurie R.: O JERUSALEM (Bantam, 1999) russell + holmes
King, Laurie R.: JUSTICE HALL (Bantam, 2003) russell + holmes
King, Laurie R.: THE GAME (Bantam, 2004) russell + holmes
King, Laurie R.: LOCKED ROOMS (Bantam, 2005) russell + holmes
King, Laurie R.: THE ART OF DETECTION (Bantam, 2006) kate martinelli with holmes manuscript
King, Laurie R.: THE LANGUAGE OF BEES (Bantam, 2009) russell + holmes
King, Laurie R.: THE GOD OF THE HIVE (Bantam, 2010) russell + holmes
King, Laurie R.: PIRATE KING (Bantam, 2011) russell + holmes, holmes does not play a major role in this novel but due to King's previous track record I've included it
Kurland, Michael: THE INFERNAL DEVICE (Signet, 1979) a scrupulous moriarty
Kurland, Michael: DEATH BY GASLIGHT (Signet, 1982) moriarty + holmes
Kurland, Michael: THE GREAT GAME (St. Martin's Minotaur, 2001) moriarty + holmes
Kurland, Michael: THE EMPRESS OF INDIA (St.Martins Minotaur, 2006) moriarty + holmes
Lane, Andy: ALL-CONSUMING FIRE: DR. WHO - THE NEW ADVENTURES (London Bridge, 1994)
Lane, Andrew: YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES: DEATH CLOUD (Macmillan, 2010) young adult
Lane, Andrew: YOUNG SHERLOCK HOLMES 2: RED LEECH (Macmillan, 2010) young adult
Leblanc, Maurice: ARSENE LUPIN VERSUS HERLOCK SHOLMES (M.A. Donohue & Co., 1910) parody, strictly of historical interest
Leppek, Christopher: THE SURROGATE ASSASSIN (Write Way, 1998) john wilkes booth is holmes' cousin
Mack, Tracy and Michael Citrin: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE BAKER STREET IRREGULARS: THE FALL OF THE AMAZING ZALINDAS (Orchard, 2006) young adult
Mack, Tracy and Michael Citrin: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE BAKER STREET IRREGULARS: MYSTERY OF THE CONJURED MAN (Orchard, 2007) young adult
Mack, Tracy and Michael Citrin: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE BAKER STREET IRREGULARS: IN SEARCH OF WATSON (Orchard, 2009) young adult
Mack, Tracy and Michael Citrin: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE BAKER STREET IRREGULARS: THE FINAL MEETING (Orchard, 2010) young adult
Maguire, Eddie: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE SECRET MISSION (Breese, 2005)
Manor, Boston: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE PORTSMITH PLOT (Lulu, 2009)
Matthias, Lee A.: THE PANDORA PLAGUE (Leisure Books, 1981) (Reissued as SHERLOCK HOLMES AND HARRY HOUDINI IN THE ADVENTURE OF THE PANDORA PLAGUE in 1984)
McClellan, Robert E.: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE SKULL OF DEATH (First Books, 2001) piltdown man hoax
McMullen, Kieran: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE IRISH REBELS (MX, 2011)
McKinney, T.D.: KISSING SHERLOCK HOLMES (Amber Quill Press, 2011)
Methold, Ken: SHERLOCK HOLMES IN AUSTRALIA: THE ADVENTURE OF THE KIDNAPPED KANAKAS (Pan Australia, 1991)
Meyer, Nicholas: THE SEVEN-PER-CENT SOLUTION (Norton, 1974)
Meyer, Nicholas: THE WEST END HORROR (Norton, 1976)
Meyer, Nicholas: THE CANARY TRAINER (Norton, 1993)
Michaud, Rosemary: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE SOMERSET HUNT (Ian Henry, 1993)
Miller, Thomas Kent: SHERLOCK HOLMES ON THE ROOF OF THE WORLD, OR THE ADVENTURE OF THE WAYFARING GOD (Rosemill House, 1987) sigerson
Miller, Thomas Kent: THE GREAT DETECTIVE AT THE CRUCIBLE OF LIFE (Wildside Press, 2005) quatermain + holmes and others
Millett, Larry: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE RED DEMON (Viking, 1996) holmes in minnesota
Millett, Larry: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE ICE PALACE MURDERS (Viking, 1998) rafferty + holmes
Millett, Larry: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE RUNE STONE MYSTERY (Viking, 1999) rafferty + holmes
Millett, Larry: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE SECRET ALLIANCE (Viking, 2001) rafferty + holmes
Millett, Larry: THE DISAPPEARANCE OF SHERLOCK HOLMES (Viking, 2002) rafferty + holmes
Millett, Larry: THE MAGIC BULLET: A LOCKED ROOM MYSTERY FEATURING SHADWELL RAFFERTY AND SHERLOCK HOLMES (University of Minnesota Press, 2011)
Milligan, Spike: THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES ACCORDING TO SPIKE MILLIGAN (Virgin Publishing, 1998) parody
Mitchelson, Austin and Nicholas Utechin: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE EARTHQUAKE MACHINE (Belmont Tower, 1976)
Mitchelson, Austin and Nicholas Utechin: HELLBIRDS (Belmont Tower, 1976)
Mitchelson, Austin: THE BAKER STREET IRREGULAR: THE UNAUTHORIZED BIOGRAPHY OF SHERLOCK HOLMES (Ian Henry, 1994) holmes is a criminal
Morstein, Mona: THE CHILDHOOD OF SHERLOCK HOLMES: THE BUTLER'S TALE (Galde Press, 2000)
Mulligan, Hugh: A CHRISTMAS TO FORGET AT 221B (Hilliard + Harris, 2002)
Naslund, Sena Jeter: SHERLOCK IN LOVE (David R. Godine, 1993)
Neely, Dicky: THE CASE OF THE GRAVE ACCUSATION (MX, 2011)
Neugebauer, Peter (Zeus Weinstein): SHERLOCK HOLMES: THE TRUTH ABOUT LUDWIG II (Bat. Sil. Dis. Box, 1995) bad translation of a poor novel
Newman, Robert: THE CASE OF THE BAKER STREET IRREGULAR (Atheneum, 1978)
Nizza, Paul: THE ADVENTURES OF THE FIVE PUCE MAP TACKS (Fibonacci Corp., 1976) doorlock homes parody
Norbu, Jamyang: THE MANDALA OF SHERLOCK HOLMES (Harper Collins India, 1999) (Re-issued as SHERLOCK HOLMES THE MISSING YEARS: THE ADVENTURES OF THE GREAT DETECTIVE IN INDIA AND TIBET (Bloomsbury, 2001) mystical
North, John: SHERLOCK HOLMES & THE ARABIAN PRINCESS (Ian Henry, 1990)
North, John: SHERLOCK HOLMES & THE GERMAN NANNY (Ian Henry, 1990)
O'Connor, J. Regis: THE SACRED SEAL (Battered Sil. Dis. Box, 1998)
O'Hara, Gerry: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE AFFAIR IN TRANSYLVANIA (MX, 2011)
Oatley, Keith: THE CASE OF EMILY V. (Secker and Warburg, 1993) freud + holmes
Paxton, Bill: THE HIDDEN ADVENTURES OF SHERLOCK HOLMES (Omnibus, 2001) novel, novella and story
Paxton, Bill: THE HIDDEN ADVENTURES OF SHERLOCK HOLMES TWO (Omnibus, 2002) novel + 2 stories
Peacock, Shane: EYE OF THE CROW (Tundra Books, 2007) the boy sherlock, a "young adult" book that deserves to be in any pastiche collection
Peacock, Shane: DEATH IN THE AIR (Tundra Books, 2008) the boy sherlock
Peacock, Shane: THE CASE OF THE VANISHING GIRL (Tundra Books, 2009) the boy sherlock
Peacock, Shane: THE SECRET FIEND (Tundra Books, 2010) the boy sherlock
Pepper, Ember: A WINTER WIND (Lulu, 2009)
Pepper, Ember: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE ADVENTURE OF THE THREATENED NEW YORKER (Lulu, 2009)
Pierce, Stephen E.: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE STORY FOR WHICH THE WORLD IS NOT YET PREPARED (Xlibris, 2002) holmes + moriarty's daughter
Piercy, Rohase: MY DEAREST HOLMES (Gay Men's Press, 1988) an alternative rendering of holmes' and watson's relationship
Piotrowski, Mark: THE CASE TO END ALL CASES! (Lulu, 2010)
Queen, Ellery: A STUDY IN TERROR (Lancer, 1966) film tie-in
Rennison, Nick: SHERLOCK HOLMES: THE BIOGRAPHY (Atlantic Books, 2005)
Revels, Tracy J.: SHADOWFALLS, A NOVEL OF SHERLOCK HOLMES (MX, 2011)
Revels, Tracy J.: SHADOWBLOOD, A NOVEL OF SHERLOCK HOLMES (MX, 2011)
Revill, Joe: A CASE OF WITCHCRAFT (MX, 2011)
Rice, John F.: SHERLOCK HOLMES' TIBETAN ADVENTURE (Hale, 2010)
Richards, Kel: THE CURSE OF THE PHARAOHS: SHERLOCK HOLMES TALES OF TERROR NO. 1 (Beacon Communications, 1997)
Richards, Kel: THE HEADLESS MONK: SHERLOCK HOLMES TALES OF TERROR NO. 2 (Beacon Communications, 1997)
Richards, Kel: THE VAMPIRE SERPENT: SHERLOCK HOLMES TALES OF TERROR NO. 3 (Beacon Communications, 1997)
Roberts, Barrie: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE RAILWAY MANIAC (Constable, 1994)
Roberts, Barrie: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE DEVIL'S GRAIL (Constable, 1995)
Roberts, Barrie: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE MAN FROM HELL (Constable, 1997)
Roberts, Barrie: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE ROYAL FLUSH (Constable, 1998)
Roberts, Barrie: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE HARVEST OF DEATH (Constable, 1999)
Roberts, Barrie: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE CROSBIE MURDER (Constable and Robinson, 2001)
Roberts, Barrie: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE RULE OF NINE (Severn House, 2003)
Roberts, Barrie: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE KING'S GOVERNESS (Severn House, 2005)
Roberts, Barrie: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE AMERICAN ANGELS (Severn House, 2007)
Roberts, J.A.: THE TORMENT OF THE MIND (Lulu, 2005)
Roberts, J.A.: THE EIDOLON OF NIGHT (Lulu, 2006)
Roberts, J.A.: THE DREAMS OF THE DEMON (Lulu, 2006)
Roberts, Lora: THE AFFAIR OF THE INCOGNITO TENANT (Perseverance, 2004) charlotte dodson + holmes
Rowland, Peter: THE DISAPPEARANCE OF EDWIN DROOD (Constable,1991)
Roxburgh, Charlie: THE CASE OF THE RUSSIAN CHESSBOARD (MX, 2011)
Ruffle, David: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE LYME REGIS HORROR (Upfront, 2010)
Saberhagen, Fred: THE HOLMES-DRACULA FILE (Ace Books, 1978) holmes is dracula's cousin
Saberhagen, Fred: SEANCE FOR A VAMPIRE (Tor Books, 1997) holmes + dracula, shoddy
Sabol, Autumn: ELEMENTARY, MY DEAR (iUniverse, 2005)
Schaffer, Bernard: WHITECHAPEL: THE FINAL STAND OF SHERLOCK HOLMES (CreateSpace, 2011)
Seil, William: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE TITANIC TRAGEDY (Breese, 1996)
Seitz, Stephen: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE PLAGUE OF DRACULA (Mountainside, 2007)
Sentesi, John: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE CROSSBOW INCIDENT (Xlibris, 2003)
Shaw, Stanley: SHERLOCK HOLMES AT THE 1902 FIFTH TEST (W.H. Allen, 1985) cricket
Shaw, Stanley: SHERLOCK HOLMES MEETS ANNIE OAKLEY (W.H. Allen, 1986)
Sheil, Timothy Francis: THE SIAM QUESTION (Camden House, 1999) long winded heavy handed adventure story
Shumway, P.C.: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE KISS OF DEATH (Booksurge, 2005)
Siciliano, Sam: THE ANGEL OF THE OPERA (Otto Penzler, 1994) holmes + phantom
Siciliano, Sam: THE WEB WEAVER (Titan, 2012)
Smith, George Hudson: THE SECOND WAR OF THE WORLDS (DAW Books, 1976) sf fantasy
Smith, Thomas R.: BASKERVILLE HALL: THE JOURNAL OF DR. JAMES MORTIMER 1887-1928 (iUniverse, 2009)
Soares, Jo: A SAMBA FOR SHERLOCK (Pantheon, 1997) extremely inaccurate characterization of holmes
Spencer, Brett and Dorian David: SHERLOCK HOLMES: DRACO, DRACONIS (Altamont Pub., 1996)
Spencer, Lawrence: SHERLOCK HOLMES MY LIFE (Lulu, 2011) a memoir
Springer, Nancy: THE CASE OF THE PECULIAR PINK FAN: ENOLA HOLMES (Sleuth Philomel, 2008) holmes and younger sister, "young adult" but better written than many pastiches
Springer, Nancy: THE CASE OF THE GYPSY GOODBYE: AN ENOLA HOLMES MYSTERY (Sleuth Philomel, 2010) holmes and younger sister, "young adult"
Stableford, Brian: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE VAMPIRES OF ETERNITY (Hollywood Comics, 2009)
Stashower, Daniel: ADVENTURE OF THE ECTOPLASMIC MAN (Morrow, 1985) holmes + houdini
Stefanie, James R.: THE CHARTERS AFFAIR : BEING A REMINISCENCE OF DR.JOHN H. WATSON (iUniverse, 2000)
Steinhauer, Lauren: SHERLOCK HOLMES' LOST ADVENTURE (iUniverse, 2004)
Stockwell, Alan: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE SINGULAR ADVENTURE OF THE GLOVED PIANIST (Vesper Hawk, 2010)
Thierry, James Francis: THE ADVENTURE OF THE ELEVEN CUFF-BUTTONS (Aspen Press, 1979) parody
Thomas, Donald: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE VOICE FROM THE CRYPT (Carroll and Graf, 2002) novel+ stories
Thomas, Frank: SHERLOCK HOLMES & THE GOLDEN BIRD (Pinnacle Books, 1979)
Thomas, Frank: SHERLOCK HOLMES & THE SACRED SWORD (Pinnacle Books, 1980)
Thomas, Frank: SHERLOCK HOLMES & THE TREASURE TRAIN (Pinnacle Books, 1985)
Thomas, Frank: SHERLOCK HOLMES & THE MASQUERADE MURDERS (Medallion, 1986)
Thomas, Frank: SHERLOCK HOLMES & THE PANAMANIAN GIRLS (Author22n Publishing, 2000)
Thomas, Frank: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE BIZARRE ALIBI (XLibris, 2004)
Thomas, Nick S.: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE ZOMBIE PROBLEM (Swordworks, 2010)
Thompson, June: HOLMES AND WATSON (Carroll and Graf, 2001) bio
Thor, Raymond: BLOODGUILTY (Danger Publishing, 1998) holmes + ripper
Thursfield, Fred: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE DISCARDED CIGARETTE (MX, 2012)
Totschinger, Gerhard: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE MYSTERY OF THE SACHERTORTE (BSDB, 2005) translated from the original german
Townsend, Larry: THE SEXUAL ADVENTURES OF SHERLOCK HOLMES (Olympia Press, 1971) gay porno
Upton, David: THE LOST HOLMES (Park Publishing. 2003)
Upton, David: SHERLOCK HOLMES' CHRISTMAS (Park Publishing, 2005) tedious, far-fetched country house whodunit
Van Ash, Cay: TEN YEARS BEYOND BAKER STREET (Harper & Row, 1984) holmes + fu manchu
Vanneman, Alan: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE GIANT RAT OF SUMATRA (Carroll & Graf, 2002)
Vanneman, Alan: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE HAPSBURG TIARA (Carroll & Graf, 2004)
Vaughan, Ralph: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE TERROR OUT OF TIME (Gryphon, 2002) occult fantasy, holmes and challenger
Vaughan, Ralph: SHERLOCK HOLMES AND THE COILS OF TIME (Gryphon, 2005) victorian sf
Victor, Daniel D.: THE SEVENTH BULLET (St. Martin's Press, 1992)
Walker, Jan: THE SINGULAR CASE OF THE DUPLICATE HOLMES (Ian Henry, 1994)
Walsh, Ray: THE MYCROFT MEMORANDA (Andre Deutsch, 1984) watson's brother is the ripper
Walters, Charlotte Anne: BAREFOOT ON BAKER STREET (MX, 2011)
Ward, Daniel: SHERLOCK HOLMES: THE WAY OF ALL FLESH (Classic Mysteries, 2004)
Wearne, James Richard: THE ADVENTURE OF THE OLD CAMPAIGNERS (CreateSpace, 2011)
Walker, David W.: THE FINAL DEDUCTION: THE LAST OF SHERLOCK HOLMES (CreateSpace, 2011)
Wellman, Manly W. & Wade: SHERLOCK HOLMES'S WAR OF THE WORLDS (Warner Books, 1975) sf
Weverka, Robert: MURDER BY DECREE (Ballantine, 1979) film novelization, holmes and ripper
Weyman, Ronald C.: SHERLOCK HOLMES & THE MARK OF THE BEAST (Simon & Pierre, 1989)
Weyman, Ronald C.: SHERLOCK HOLMES & THE ULTIMATE DISGUISE (Simon & Pierre, 1991)
White-Prince, Terrence: WHAT HAPPENED TO SHERLOCK HOLMES: AS SET TO REST IN THE LEGEND OF WILSON THE AMAZING ATHLETE (Seagull, 1985)
Wilder-Wokoun, Constance: THE TALE NOT TOLD (Xlibris, 2000) holmes is a woman
Wood, Peter H.: THE WINGED WHEEL (Bat. Sil. Dis. Box, 1996) supernatural
Worcester, Wayne: THE MONSTER OF ST. MARYLEBONE (Signet, 1999)
Worcester, Wayne: THE JEWEL OF COVENT GARDEN (Signet, 2000)
Workman, Kate: RENDEZVOUS AT THE POPULAIRE (MX, 2011)
Workman, Kate: I WILL FIND THE ANSWER (MX, 2011)
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

(I take NO credit for compliling this list. Visit the link below to see where I copied it from.)

http://home.earthlink.net/~glennbranca/ ... /id12.html

(p.s. I tried to count them, but kept loosing my place as I moved down the list. Now, here's a challenge, can anybody count them all...? As already mentioned this list only includes some of the Sherlock Holmes pastiche novels, and I would guess that the list of short stories is probably as long, if not longer. Additionally, many Sherlock Holmes novels were not included, because they did not qualify, based on the criteria for being included, and none of Doyle's 60 original Sherlock Holmes stories are included in the list either.)

Post subject: Re: Sherlock Holmes Pub, Edmonton...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:53 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

[quote="Cloudyp.s. There used to be a Sherlock Holmes Pub (Restaurant ?) in downtown Chicago back in the early 1980's, but I think it is now gone.[/quote]

I think it is long gone. I have maybe a vague memory of a Sherlock Pub back in the 80's in Chicago. If there was one, it is long gone.
I did a restaurant/bar search for Sherlock in Chicago and all I came up with was the "Red Lion Pub" where one of our local Sherlockian groups meets.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

Post subject: Went back and counted the...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:26 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Quote:
(I take NO credit for compliling this list. Visit the link below to see where I copied it from.)

http://home.earthlink.net/~glennbranca/ ... /id12.html

(p.s. I tried to count them, but kept loosing my place as I moved down the list. Now, here's a challenge, can anybody count them all...? As already mentioned this list only includes some of the Sherlock Holmes pastiche novels, and I would guess that the list of short stories is probably as long, if not longer. Additionally, many Sherlock Holmes novels were not included, because they did not qualify, based on the criteria for being included, and none of Doyle's 60 original Sherlock Holmes stories are included in the list either.)

I went back and counted them. I came up with a total on the list of 313 Sherlock Holmes pastiche novels on the list.

Post subject: Sherlock Holmes Pub in Chicago
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:04 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

FrankC wrote:
[quote="Cloudyp.s. There used to be a Sherlock Holmes Pub (Restaurant ?) in downtown Chicago back in the early 1980's, but I think it is now gone.

Quote:
I think it is long gone. I have maybe a vague memory of a Sherlock Pub back in the 80's in Chicago. If there was one, it is long gone.
I did a restaurant/bar search for Sherlock in Chicago and all I came up with was the "Red Lion Pub" where one of our local Sherlockian groups meets.

Frank, I know it existed, because I had lunch in the place. Sadly, I did not have the foresight to borrow a menu, a beer mug with Holmes' profile, or anything else from the place worthy of borrowing for a collector of Sherlockian memorabilia. :(

Post subject: Jeremy Brett is by far the best...
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:14 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

pengwn wrote:
Twice. In addition, my DVD library contains nine classic SH movies, plus the Morton Downey Jr. edition that came out a year or so ago. I like Basil Rathbone's performances best, and Arthur Wontner did well in the role too.

I believe that Jeremy Brett is by far the best to ever play Sherlock Holmes so far. We can thank William Gillette for getting Sherlock Holmes moving beyond print. We can thank Basil Rathbone for popularizing Sherlock on the silver screen (and radio too) to help Holmes become the icon that he is today. (Only one of Rathbone's 14 Holmes movies, "The Hound of the Baskervilles", actually had much to do with Doyle's Sherlock.)

Jeremy Brett's portrayal of Sherlock Holmes on the Granada series has no equal. Jeremy Brett became the most believable Sherlock Holmes on the screen until his death robbed us of his talents. :cry:

Here's a link to a brief snippet of Jeremy Brett's Sherlock Holmes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX6a--uu6QM

p.s. I believe that Jeremy Brett made 41 Granada Sherlock Holmes films, all of which were extremetly true to Doyle's original stories. I highly recommend them all to anyone, who has an interest in Sherlock Holmes.

Post subject: Okay, it looks like nobody knows, so...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:42 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

I don't want this question to be lost, so I'm putting it up here again. I'm not sure of his name, or what he might have to do with Sherlock Holmes, but his face rings a bell... :lol:

Okay, it looks like nobody knows, so I will just tell you the answer.

The photograph is of Doctor Joseph Bell. Dr. Bell was a teacher that Arthur Conan Doyle had while going through medical school at the University of Edinburgh. Dr. Bell exhibited the type of deductive reasoning in front of his classes that most likely gave Doyle the idea for Sherlock Holmes. (Doyle admits this.)

p.s. I have been to Dr. Bell's office in Edinburgh.

Post subject: "Sherlock Holmes" (1954 TV series)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:21 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Image............ Image

Does anyone remember the "Sherlock Holmes" 1954 TV series, starring Ron Howard. (Not the Opie Ron Howard.) For the most part, the plots were original, and not from Doyle's sacred canon. The stories weren't bad. I believe that there were 39 episodes of the program, but one of them is hard to find on the boxed sets that are out there.

Here is a link to the entire episode of "The Case of the Reluctant Carpenter":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI9KBtk3y8g

The Ron Howard, Sherlock Holmes TV series it worth watching. Yeah, it's not great, but it is worth watching nonetheless. :D

Last edited by Cloudy on Tue May 14, 2013 10:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: The new "Sherlock" from the BBC...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:37 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

There is a new "Sherlock" TV series from the BBC.

Here is what Wikipeida has to say about it:

"Sherlock is a British television series that presents a contemporary update of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes detective stories. It was created by Steven Moffat and Mark Gatiss, and stars Benedict Cumberbatch as Sherlock Holmes and Martin Freeman as Doctor John Watson. After an unbroadcast pilot in 2009, the first series of three 90-minute episodes was transmitted on BBC One and BBC HD in July and August 2010, with a second series of three episodes first broadcast in January 2012. A third series has been commissioned and will reportedly air in 2013. The series has been sold to over 180 territories.

Hartswood Films produced the series for the BBC, and co-produced with WGBH Boston for its Masterpiece anthology series. Filming took place at various locations, including London, Merthyr Tydfil, Swansea, Dartmoor and Cardiff. Other cast members include Rupert Graves as DI Greg Lestrade, Andrew Scott as Jim Moriarty, Mark Gatiss as Mycroft Holmes, Una Stubbs as Mrs. Hudson, as well as Vinette Robinson and Louise Brealey playing recurring roles.

Critical reception was overwhelmingly positive and the first series won the 2011 BAFTA Television Award for Best Drama Series.[1] All six episodes have been released on DVD and Blu-ray Disc in the UK, alongside tie-in editions of some of Conan Doyle's original books. Soundtrack albums from each series have also been released."

I've got the first three episoides on DVD, but have yet to watch them.

Has anyone seen any of these updated Sherlock Holmes stories from the BBC? From what I hear they are pretty good.

Here's some video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcFHeTaS ... re=related

p.s. I have a minor problem with this TV series showing Holmes' address on the front door as "221-B". I may be wrong, but I believe that the door would have only said "221". The "B", which is added, would be referring to Holmes living upstairs, and I doubt it would have been on the front door, where he lived, no matter how important he might have been. If I am wrong, please correct me.

Last edited by Cloudy on Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: The new "Sherlock" from the BBC...
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:43 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
There is a new "Sherlock" TV series on the BBC.

Has anyone seen any of these updated Sherlock Holmes stories from the BBC? From what I hear they are pretty good.

Yes, I have seen them on PBS. I think they are great. I believe you will enjoy them.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank