New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Oh no, Brett!!! Not again!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:01 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Well, Brett Favre did it again. Threw away a playoff game with another ill-advised interception with the game on the line. The man is amazingly good much of the time, but also can be just as amazingly bad at the worst possible moments. As a lifelong Green Bay Packer fan I have seen this scenario played out multiple times in the past. You just knew it was going to happen. The Vikings actually should have known this would happen as well.

In fairness, he didnt lose this one all by himself. He really got the crap kicked out of him the whole game, and no one on the offense seemed capable of hanging on to the ball. But, in the end, after all that, they were still in a postion to win the game. And then....... there he goes!. Throwing one of those wild, "where in the hell did that come from" passes that he had no business throwing in that situation. I absolutely dont know what comes over him on situations like that.

After the beating he took yesterday I hope this time it really is the end. I am a big Brett Favre fan but enough is enough. This time please think this through ratiojnally and please retire.........while you can still walk

Post subject: Re: Oh no, Brett!!! Not again!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:55 pm 
A Martial Birth

I don't acknowledge blaming the loss on Brett in any way. He threw a bad pass trying to force something that probably wouldn't have matter a whole lot no matter what happened, outside of that his teammates apparently thought they were playing basketball or some hybrid of the two sports. He got creamed over and over, and the Saints got away with a knee level hit that came right after another roughing the passer call so the refs decided to let it slide. If it wasn't for a stupid coin flip rule with NFL overtime, despite all the mishaps and questionable calls pro-Saints, he'd be back in the Super Bowl.

He just needs to make up his mind for the next season and not do the retirement dance again. :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:05 am 

Tim wrote:
I don't acknowledge blaming the loss on Brett in any way. He threw a bad pass trying to force something that probably wouldn't have matter a whole lot no matter what happened, outside of that his teammates apparently thought they were playing basketball or some hybrid of the two sports. He got creamed over and over, and the Saints got away with a knee level hit that came right after another roughing the passer call so the refs decided to let it slide. If it wasn't for a stupid coin flip rule with NFL overtime, despite all the mishaps and questionable calls pro-Saints, he'd be back in the Super Bowl.

He just needs to make up his mind for the next season and not do the retirement dance again. :roll:

As a Minnesota fan since 1967, it was all too familiar and all too painful.

No matter how hard you push the envelope, it's still stationery.
Edit/Delete Message

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:44 am 
Lotsa Posta

sigis wrote:
Tim wrote:

What is the deal about Canadians and Minnesota? Every Canadian that I know, likes the Vikings. I don't dislike the Vikings, just wondering why and haven't received a credible answer yet.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:06 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Gogetem wrote:
sigis wrote:
Tim wrote:

What is the deal about Canadians and Minnesota? Every Canadian that I know, likes the Vikings. I don't dislike the Vikings, just wondering why and haven't received a credible answer yet.

I think it has something to do with Minnesota being just like Canada :lol: :D

but seriously, the Viking fan disease may be more a western thing. until Seattle got a team, Minnesota was the closest team for anyone west of Sault Ste Marie. and in the days before cable, it would have been the game on local TV the most.

not all Canucks are Viking fans..out of loyalty, tradition or mental illness, people still root for the Lions in SW Ontario..and the Bills in Toronto area.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:50 pm 
Centenarian

Oh, FAVRE? I saw the subject line and thought someone was watching reruns of Match Game '75. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:23 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Gogetem wrote:

Maybe they think it's short for Vancouver Island Kings...?
Damn homers... :)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:40 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Noles wrote:
Oh, FAVRE? I saw the subject line and thought someone was watching reruns of Match Game '75. :lol:

Noles, you and your game shows. :lol:

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:14 pm 

Gogetem wrote:
sigis wrote:
Tim wrote:

I became a fan when the BC Lions traded Joe Kapp for Jim Young 'Dirty 30' in 1967, maybe the only trade between the CFL and NFL in history. Bud Grant went to Minnesota from the Winnipeg Blue Bombers at about the same time. I watched a Monday Night Football game some years ago when Fran Tarkenton threw for over 450 yards to win the game. Howard Cossell was interviewing Tarkenton after the game and asked "So... Fran... do you think you will win the record for most career passing yards in Professional Football?" Fran replied, " No I'll never catch Ronnie Lancaster." Howard looked blank and changed the subject.

No matter how hard you push the envelope, it's still stationery.
Edit/Delete Message