New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: It looks like they really pissed you off...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:59 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Cloudy my friend, you really need to keep up with the trivia goings on here. Brooke's location is the top Sci-Files team out there, and it's just her and her husband Jim that participate. Certainly not a knock on the Louisville group or the Spotes ragtag bunch when they decide to play, am fairly certain they would agree.

Believe it or not, there are much more interesting discussions in the trivia forums than here in the free for all. After all, trivia is what brought us all together.

BO

Our "ragtag group" is just me and GAVV.
We've won four of the six games we've played this year. Anyone else winning two-thirds of their Scifiles games this year? :mrgreen:

Last edited by spotes on Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:12 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Dante wrote:
-BO-, for what it's worth, there's only three of us normally, and we often beat Brooke's team. I know it's probably hard to believe, but with the exception of when I've been playing myself as everyone to get five boxes up, we have won more often than not. :)

Not to knock Brooke's team, they're pretty damned awesome, and I have a feeling if it were just "pure sci-fi" questions they'd probably beat the crap out of us, but the game isn't often that anymore.

The easiest predictor of who will win is:

1) Movie/TV heavy questions: 86 Street
2) Book heavy questions: Houston
3) 50/50 mix of the two: Us

GAVV is the TV and computer games stud.
I'm the movie guy. Except for last game where I missed not one but two movie questions. And, of course, it cost us first place.
That may be the first time I've missed two movie questions in a Scifiles game and got all of the lit right. What's the world coming to? :mrgreen:
We usually split the difference on guessing lit q's.
Unless it's older actual sf lit where I might stand a chance of knowing it instead of 80s and later fantasy garbage.

What I'm still curious about is how in the heck we won on 5/23 when there were SEVEN lit q's. Huh?!?
I haven't a fluke that big since The Host episode of X-Files... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:28 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Cloudy my friend, you really need to keep up with the trivia goings on here. Brooke's location is the top Sci-Files team out there, and it's just her and her husband Jim that participate. Certainly not a knock on the Louisville group or the Spotes ragtag bunch when they decide to play, am fairly certain they would agree.

Believe it or not, there are much more interesting discussions in the trivia forums than here in the free for all. After all, trivia is what brought us all together.

BO

Just reviewed the SciFiles tracking that SCAR did in 2010.
It was a pretty tight three horse race for the first 6 months until COOGS got ill (nice comeback in the last four months of the year BTW Brooke) and my work schedule changed reducing our ability to play to practically nil.

Post subject: Don't know if anyone else has noticed...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:21 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but it looks like this thread has lost AARDVK. She started this thread, and I miss her comments. Could it be my fault again, with my goofy "Flash Gordon" and "Giant Claw" stupidity, or could it be something else...?

p.s. I'm not talking to SPOTES, SCAR, DANTE, or PENGWN, the coin collector, and most assuredly not FrankC, even though he let the "Giant Claw" out of the bag, and all of the people, who died, because he did.

........................................................ Image

.......................................................... "Thanks for letting me loose, FrankC. I gobbled up AARDVK and Jim first thing. Burp..."