New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Ray Bradbury
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:07 pm 
Centenarian

I'm not as big a fan of the author as some. I was always more of a fan of Arthur C. Clarke. But I saw this on CBS' Sunday Morning and I thought it was something that a lot of you would appreciate.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7411192n&tag=showDoorFlexGridLeft;flexGridModule

Post subject: Re: Ray Bradbury
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:13 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

googie wrote:
I'm not as big a fan of the author as some. I was always more of a fan of Arthur C. Clarke. But I saw this on CBS' Sunday Morning and I thought it was something that a lot of you would appreciate.

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7411192n&tag=showDoorFlexGridLeft;flexGridModule

I share your feeling of loss now that Ray Bradbury has passed away. His imagination and creativity gave us wonderful thought provoking stories. I am ashamed to admit that I never read any of his books, but I have watched all of the movies that were made from them. I think I have them all in my collection of DVD's and Video's. There was a series on TV that was called " The Ray Bradbury Theater". They were wonderful sci-fi short stories. I believe I have the entire set on DVD, and have watched them all. If you don't have this collection, I suggest that you spend a few more bucks that you want to, and pick it up. I think you will find it to be money well wasted... :D

Here is a link to "The Town where Nobody got off". It is one of the the many Ray Bradbury stories that appeared on the "Ray Bradbury Theater". I don't know if he wrote all of them, but this is a good one, starring Jeff Goldblum, and Ray has a bit part in the film. (I hope it lodes up and runs on your computer much faster than it does on mine.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGAIyOrxnKg

What a wonderful mind the world lost, when Ray Bradbury shut his eyes for the last time. :(

Post subject: I'm disappointed with all of...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:48 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I'm disappointed with all of the "SciFiles" geniuses on the "ScaRatings", because none of them have bothered to post anything to GOOGIE's post about the passing of Ray Bradbury. I could be the worst "SciFiles" player in the world, but I am saddened by Bradbury's death, and I posted my humble reply, but where are you guys and gals, who know sci-fi better than you know your social security number...?

It's not too late for you smart "SciFiles" guys and gals to post something about this, so GOOGIE knows that you are with him.

If you don't, the firemen might be coming to your house to burn all of your books. :lol:

Look out, they might be coming. Hide your 1st editions and autographed books well, because the firemen might be on their way:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9n98SXNGl8

(This video can't be real, can it...? Maybe not today, but who knows what the future might bring.)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:41 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Cloudy, there were comments on Bradbury's passing on the Celebrity R.I.P. Thread.
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=164&hilit=Celebrity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:49 pm 
Centenarian

:lol: I really appreciate the support Cloudy. I didn't think or expect anyone to respond because I had seen and read the comments that Scar pointed out. But I didn't put the video there because I wasn't sure everyone would see it. I really love the CBS Sunday Morning program. I tried to find the 1980s CBS interview they referenced in the piece but was unable to. Cloudy me and you are going to have to play trivia someday. :D

Post subject: I was glad to comment on your post...
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:29 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

googie wrote:
:lol: I really appreciate the support Cloudy. I didn't think or expect anyone to respond because I had seen and read the comments that Scar pointed out. But I didn't put the video there because I wasn't sure everyone would see it. I really love the CBS Sunday Morning program. I tried to find the 1980s CBS interview they referenced in the piece but was unable to. Cloudy me and you are going to have to play trivia someday. :D

I was glad to comment on your post, because I too loved Ray Bradbury's stuff. However, it looks like there is already a thread on the "ScaRatings" for dead celebrities, which SCAR pointed out to me. God only knows how to find it with the gazillions of threads that keep popping up here, but SCAR was kind enough to tell me where it is, and here it is:

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=164&hilit=Celebrity

Unless it's you, this is the place to post thoughts about celebrities, who have moved over to the other side.

Again, I want to thank SCAR, for making me aware of this. :D

p.s. I wonder if anyone has posted there about George Burns passing away...? :lol:

p.p.s. I would love to play trivia sometime with you too, but I should warn you that I often yell out wrong answers as if I actually knew them. This is really tough on my teammates, because sometime I'm right. :lol:

Post subject: Re: I was glad to comment on your post...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:02 am 
Himself Fodder

Cloudy wrote:
However, it looks like there is already a thread on the "ScaRatings" for dead celebrities, which SCAR pointed out to me. God only knows how to find it with the gazillions of threads that I keep starting

Fixed your post. :shock: :D :shock:

Post subject: Re: I was glad to comment on your post...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:55 am 
King or Queen Postalot

-BO- wrote:
Cloudy wrote:
However, it looks like there is already a thread on the "ScaRatings" for dead celebrities, which SCAR pointed out to me. God only knows how to find it with the gazillions of threads that I keep starting

*raucously applauds*

Post subject: Pretty funny, FrankC...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:44 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

Pretty funny, FrankC. I wasted ten minutes trying to figure out what you fixed on my post. I looked for misspellings, punctuation that I goofed up on, verbs that didn't argee, incomplete sentences, etc... I finally figured it out. You changed "the gazillions of threads that keep popping up here." to "the gazillions of threads that I keep starting." ("I" in this instance would apply to CLOUDY.)

Very, very funny FrankC... Damn it, I believe the threads I've created don't overlap other threads on this forum. (At least I've tried not to.) I believe that they are clear and distinct, and I choose titles for them that makes it easy for others to figure out what they are about.

p.s. Before BO jumps all over me, I will admit, that I have posted comments on threads that were already being discused elsewhere, but I do not believe that I have created any new threads that duplicated them.

(However, I still love you, and your post was pretty funny, even if only I could find the humor in it. Heck, who else would bother to try to figure it out...?) :lol:

Post subject: Re: Pretty funny, FrankC...
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:54 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
-BO- wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

Pretty funny, FrankC. I wasted ten minutes trying to figure out what you fixed on my post. I looked for misspellings, punctuation that I goofed up on, verbs that didn't argee, incomplete sentences, etc... I finally figured it out. You changed "the gazillions of threads that keep popping up here." to "the gazillions of threads that I keep starting." ("I" in this instance would apply to CLOUDY.)

Very, very funny FrankC... Damn it, I believe the threads I've created don't overlap other threads on this forum. (At least I've tried not to.) I believe that they are clear and distinct, and I choose titles for them that makes it easy for others to figure out what they are about.

p.s. Before BO jumps all over me, I will admit, that I have posted comments on threads that were already being discused elsewhere, but I do not believe that I have created any new threads that duplicated them.

(However, I still love you, and your post was pretty funny, even if only I could find the humor in it. Heck, who else would bother to try to figure it out...?) :lol:

I did not fix your post. Bo did.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

Post subject: Oops...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:40 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

FrankC wrote:
(I did not fix your post. Bo did.

Oops, you're right. Guess I need to say, "Pretty funny, BO, and I still love you, man." :lol: