New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: MAX/PEANUT, Champs Sports Grill, State College, PA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Has anyone ever met them (assuming for now that they're separate players)? They've been making the rounds of The Site-Poor Backyard the past few days. :|

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

Post subject: Re: MAX/PEANUT, Champs Sports Grill, State College, PA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:09 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

liljol wrote:
Has anyone ever met them (assuming for now that they're separate players)? They've been making the rounds of The Site-Poor Backyard the past few days. :|

The name at least sounds vaguely familiar, but I don't think I've ever met them. I probably haven't been to Champs in about two years, though. That place is no hotbed for trivia. Occasionally, they'll have trivia on in the bar area, but it's usually confined to the back room. It's a nice place (it was rebuilt after much of it was burned down in a fire many years ago), it's just not a trivia bar.

The better place for trivia is about a half mile or mile almost straight across the road from Champs, at The Arena. It's a much smaller bar, but they're on the leaderboards far more often.

I'm actually surprised Champs has kept trivia all these years. Usually (at least around here), when two locations both have trivia within in a mile of each other, one will almost always kill off the other one.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:05 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Turns out that this is another case of one player playing two different names. :|

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:28 pm 
Babylon

Yes I have met him, when my trivia destination led me to the Arena for a weekend back in March. From what he told me - he being Max - Peanut is his wife's players plus account, but she never plays anymore. So as to keep her legacy going (even though she is still with us here on earth), he plays for her as well as him. So yes they are both played by the same person. As for Champs, it is practically across the street, but from what I was told as well, some of the players do still play there as well. The reason being is so that they can keep the 10th highest players plus total from being overtaken at the Arena. The 10th highest player at the Arena is someone special to them whose legacy they also want to preserve. So most of the newer players either sign up at Champs or eventually transfer their points to Champs for the sake of this tenth player at the Arena. But yes, many of them do play at the Arena far more often. There's also U JED, LOKTTY (who is one of the bartenders), RDRFAN and his girlfriend, and a few other regulars I met during my weekend there. Hope that answers your question.

GO NYG