New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Bachelor weekend
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:11 pm 
Lotsa Posta

news just in. Directv is opening HBO, Showtime, Starz and Cinemax this coming weekend (channels 501-558). Yes, it is a weekend before Bachelor Weekend, but I have two Directv DVR's in the house, so needless to say I plan to record some movies.

If you have DirecTV (or if you don't, look at tvguide.com), and send suggestions on what movies to record.

As always, I appreicate it.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:46 pm 
Lotsa Posta

If anyone could care less......

Due to the high number of movies I want to watch, the number of things I have to do around the house, and a sick step son, I've started Bachelor Weekend one weekend early.

Peter and I have finished Spiderman and The Dark Knight Rises. To get caught up, between these two I saw The Dark Knight. I might watch Thor and The Hulk later tonight, and then Captain America, Iron Man 1 and 2, and The Avengers Tomorrow.

In the queue for next weekend is all 10 Band Of Brothers, all 6 Star Wars, and one day of various movies what have been suggested here. Please keep the suggestions coming.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:27 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
MiniYoda wrote:
news just in. Directv is opening HBO, Showtime, Starz and Cinemax this coming weekend (channels 501-558). Yes, it is a weekend before Bachelor Weekend, but I have two Directv DVR's in the house, so needless to say I plan to record some movies.

If you have DirecTV (or if you don't, look at tvguide.com), and send suggestions on what movies to record.

As always, I appreicate it.

Some of the movies I am recording this weekend on the free preview...
Green Lantern
War Horse
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
Moneyball
Source Code
Blitz

I've not seen them yet so I can't tell you whether they are worth seeing. I suppose I'll find out.
8-)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:47 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Have you seen Duets ? I walked in from trivia one night and Bigdog had it on and I got quicly hooked ! A karaoke hustler ! I never did see the beginning of the movie and don't know how much I missed, but it kept my interest anyway. A real different kind of movie.

A professional karaoke hustler reconnects with his daughter and a bored suburban businessman turns outlaw karaoke singer, among other plotlines.
Director: Bruce Paltrow
Writer: John Byrum
Stars:Huey Lewis, Gwyneth Paltrow and Paul Giamatti |

Storyline
Duets is a road-trip comedy which revolves around the little known world of karaoke and the whimsical characters who inhabit it. There's the struggling singer who dreams of making it to the big time, a frustrated salesman who ends up on an unexpected road trip, the dysfunctional family performers which includes a con-artist and his long lost daughter, and an escaped convict with the voice of an angel. All roads lead to Omaha, site of a national karaoke competition where this motley group of singers and stars come together for a blow-out sing-off

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0134630/