New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: A few comments on DANTE's "Locked"...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:26 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I have a few comments on DANTE's "Locked".

I guess you guys didn't think I could have anything intelligent to say, because I was never invited to your conversations. However, I'll put my two cents in on this thread, which really shouldn't have been necessary to create to reply to "Locked", but it was locked. :lol:

It sounds like DANTE is considering deleting the entire "Free for All" forum, because of bashing that has been going on in some threads.

First of all the idea of having a "Free for All" forum was originally DANTE's on the old "ScaRatings". Back then I posted that I didn't think it was a good idea, for the very reasons he is having trouble with now. However, once the "Free for All" forum began and grew, I liked it. It gave me an opportunity to talk about silly things such as old computer games, memories of the past, songs that I had listened to, obscure movies that I liked, goofy stuff on the "Chip the Bartender" thread, enjoying the two threads created by ICEMAN ("Ban the Person Above You", and "Post Baseless Lies About the Person Above You"), also having fun with YODA's "Trivia Chain" thread. The "Birthday Thread" has also been a fun place for quite a few of us, who still admit to growing older. There are many more threads that good people post to on the "Free for All" forum that could in no way be considered objectionalble, offensive, or insulting to anyone in their right mind. To deep six all of these benign threads to eliminate one or two cancerous ones, would be foolish at best. Worse yet, it would be a tremendous slap in the face to all of those good people, who spent more than a little of their time posting to the "Free for All" forum to see all of their work, and all of the time they put into it, flushed down the toilet by someone reacting to jerks, just because they share the same forum.

I have heard that some have complained to DANTE about my posts. Dang, I don't think any of them were nasty. However, I am disappointed in those, who sent private messages about them to DANTE, intstead of sending me those private messages. Hell, I'm easy, and do not like confrontation. If one of my posts upset you, I would gladly have deleted it in a heartbeat. (I have actually gone back, and deleted some of my posts, without anyone complaining, but because I thought they might have been an inch or two over the line. Why cause trouble, when it's not necessary...?

Though not consulted, I have difficulty finding the problem with all of this. When anyone signs on to the "ScaRatings" they are told up front that NO BASHING IS ALLOWED! How could anyone in their right mind not understand that...? NO BASHING IS NO BASHING, and I strongly feel that those, who violate this rule should be banned, and their bashing posts should be deleted. Should they be given a chance to come back...? Yeah, I think so, but if they bash anyone again, I say send them to Davy Jones' Locker forever. :lol:

Last edited by Cloudy on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:42 am, edited 14 times in total.

Post subject: Re: A few comments on "Locked"...
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:57 pm 
Himself Fodder

Cloudy wrote:
I have a few comments on "Locked".

I guess you guys didn't think I could have anything intelligent to say, because I was never invited to your conversations. However, I'll put my two cents in on this thread, which it wasn't really necessary to create.

First of all the idea of having a "Free for All" forum was DANTE's on the old, original "ScaRatings". Back then I posted that I didn't think it was a good idea, for the very reasons we are having trouble with now. However, once the "Free for All" forum began, I liked it, because it gave me an opportunity to talk about silly things such as old computer games, memories of the past, songs that I had listened to, obscure movies that I liked, goofy stuff on the "Chip the Bartender" thread, enjoying the two threads created by ICEMAN ("Ban the Person Above You", and "Post Baseless Lies About the Person Above You", also having fun with YODA's "Trivia Chain" thread. The "Birthday Thread" has also been a fun place for quite a few of us.

I have even less clue than usual what Cloudy is talking about here....

Post subject: BO, find DANTE's post "Locked", and....
PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:46 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Cloudy wrote:
I have a few comments on "Locked".

I guess you guys didn't think I could have anything intelligent to say, because I was never invited to your conversations. However, I'll put my two cents in on this thread, which it wasn't really necessary to create.

First of all the idea of having a "Free for All" forum was DANTE's on the old, original "ScaRatings". Back then I posted that I didn't think it was a good idea, for the very reasons we are having trouble with now. However, once the "Free for All" forum began, I liked it, because it gave me an opportunity to talk about silly things such as old computer games, memories of the past, songs that I had listened to, obscure movies that I liked, goofy stuff on the "Chip the Bartender" thread, enjoying the two threads created by ICEMAN ("Ban the Person Above You", and "Post Baseless Lies About the Person Above You", also having fun with YODA's "Trivia Chain" thread. The "Birthday Thread" has also been a fun place for quite a few of us.

I have even less clue than usual what Cloudy is talking about here....

BO, find DANTE's post "Locked". I was far beyond what you have copied and quoted, and had edited and changed quite a lot of it, before I found out again that the "ScaRatings" had logged me off with no warning again. Please give me some time, while I try to reconstruct what has been lost. Thanks. :D

(BO, I'm finally done now. Thanks for waiting.)

Post subject: Re: BO, find DANTE's post "Locked", and....
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 1:03 am 
Himself Fodder

Cloudy wrote:
BO, find DANTE's post "Locked". I was far beyond what you have copied and quoted, and had edited and changed quite a lot of it, before I found out again that the "ScaRatings" had logged me off with no warning again. Please give me some time, while I try to reconstruct what has been lost. Thanks. :D

(BO, I'm finally done now. Thanks for waiting.)

Cloudy, I'm just thinking out loud here... that "locked" post by DANTE, did you look at the date he posted that?

Or perhaps this Cloudy post is the best level ever.

Post subject: Re: A few comments on DANTE's "Locked"...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:03 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Huh? Considering I've met Cloudy at least six times and he didn't remember me on any occasion this shouldn't surprise me but, what the hell are you talking about???

Are you referring to a thread that is at least a few years old?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:11 pm 
Himself Fodder

Tolle wrote:
Huh? Considering I've met Cloudy at least six times and he didn't remember me on any occasion this shouldn't surprise me but, what the hell are you talking about???

If it makes you feel any better I don't remember ever meeting you either. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:23 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Tolle wrote:

If it makes you feel any better I don't remember ever meeting you either. ;)

I was standing behind LEWSER, you might've missed me.

In CLOUDY's defense, he wasn't sober in any of our meetings.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:23 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

CLOUDY can you help us out by posting the link to the thread that was recently locked by DANTE? I didn't even know DANTE had been on here in a long while. Dante has not logged on to Scar since June 2013.

The 4 most recent I can find locked in Free for All are: Republican hopefuls, Famous People you have meet, This sums it all up, It appears I am the cause. These all are from Sept/Oct 2011. Are you talking about 2 years ago?

Am I missing something or was it not in Free for all?

Not criticizing, just trying to find where DANTE recently says he's thinking of shutting down areas of Scar?

LET'S GO ....Orioles!!!!

Post subject: Six times, and a little bit more...?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:59 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Tolle wrote:

Are you referring to a thread that is at least a few years old?

Tolle, I have to be ashamed of myself for meeting you at least six times, and not remembering you. I've got a feeling that booze could be a contributing factor to this, however I'm getting pretty old, and very often these days, my aging memory can't remember stuff that I have known all of my life.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I don't think what prompted my post is from years ago. Perhaps it is, but the first time I ever saw DANTE's post that I started this thread about was last night. I am starting to wonder if I'm goofed up, because I have been unable to find it again. How I could have stumbled across a post from years ago that I wasn't looking for, is hard for me to figure out.

With the bashing that has been going on way over the top in a thread very recently, I can understand why DANTE could have posted something about it. However, I cannot find the DANTE post that I was commenting on.

This is difficult for me to remember exactly, but I believe DANTE's post talked about a group, who discussed the problems of people bashing other people, talking about politics, religion, and some other things I can't remember right now. It talked about deleting the "Free for All" forum. It talked about banning those, who violated the rules, and how long they would be banned. It was quite a long post, and I cannot remember it all.

Perhaps DANTE will read this thread, set me straight, and once again I will look like an idiot.

p.s. DANTE, if you happen to see this post, please copy and paste your post here, that I am talking about. :D

Last edited by Cloudy on Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:03 am 
Himself Fodder

Here ya go Cloudy, make sure you check the date. Then make sure you're not driving. :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1320

Post subject: BO, thank you...!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:12 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Here ya go Cloudy, make sure you check the date. Then make sure you're not driving. :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=1320

BO, thank you...!

You guys are right. It was an old DANTE post. How I ever stumbled across it last night, when I wasn't looking for it, will be something I will never be able to figure out.

The late Gilda Radner has something to say about my stupidity. Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3FnpaWQJO0

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:53 pm 
Himself Fodder

So does that mean it's OK to lock this thread now?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:02 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:

Beer spit...EGADS!!!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:17 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
-BO- wrote:

Would that we could.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 1:26 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Well, I must say I agree with everything that has been said here.

Post subject: If we are going to ban people, the first people to go must..
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:29 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

If we are going to ban people, the first people to go must be old farts, who don't remember Tolle after meeting him six times, and worse yet don't remember meeting Lewser either, whom Tolle was standing behind. Senile idiots, who stumble across an age old post, and think it's new should be given the axe too. Any old geezer, who creates a thread and goes on and on about something that he can't remember where he read it, which is old news to young smart people, is a liability to the "ScaRatings", and they really need to be denied access to the "ScaRatings", where their senility can only screw things up.

Oh, my gosh, I've just described myself... :lol:

p.s. The above is an embarrassed attempt to dismiss my foolish post that started this thread. However, it did get some creative and funny replies. Thanks to you all, who did not rip me to pieces for my blundering. :D

p.p.s. ........................................................................... LOCKED !

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:16 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

"We mustn't underestimate "American blundering". I was with them when they "blundered" into Berlin in 1918."