New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Free Money For Christmas
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:23 pm 
Lotsa Posta

For the record, no, I'm not giving out money. Please put your wallets back in your pockets

I'm opening this thread to share ideas on how to get good deals and freebies for Christmas. With two kids who are pre-teenagers, the more we can save, the better

First, I know about Black Friday. If you don't, pry open the door to your cave and research it. I would love to hear great deal that can be found on BF, but personally rather not stand outside at 6am Thanksgiving morning and stand in line 24 hours to get a free box of recordable CD's if I buy an HDTV for 299.

what I'd like to see is cool deals and ways to earn "money" to help take the sting out of the holiday shopping. Don't worry if you think the deal is "local" because there might be other local mom-and-pop shops that might have the same thing. money can be points on a credit card, temporary discounts, etc.

I'll open with the following

If you buy something at Wal-Mart, check your receipt. There is a QR code at the bottom of the receipt (email me if you don't know what QR is) Download the Wal-Mart app to your phone, and with it the app scan the QR code. Wal-Mart will compare the receipt with local prices, and if they find something you bought, cheaper at another store, they will credit your e-account with the difference. Now, if you get a Blue Bird card from Amex, you can double the money. Long story short, with this deal, I've accumulated $26 ($13 times 2) in money on a card that I can spend at Walmart. No, I can't buy a BMW or 80" HD TV, but with kids, that's stocking stuffers. And I still have a couple of months til Santa shows up. Check out this app. Email me if you have any questions.

If you know if cool discounts or other ways to earn or save a buck or two for Christmas, feel free to post the ideas here

Post subject: Re: Free Money For Christmas
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:55 am 
Centenarian

There are usually a bunch of "Cyber Monday" deals.