New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Windows 10
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 12:33 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Some of you computer geeks probably think Microsoft's Windows 10 is a great leap forward. Perhaps it is, but I think it has left a lot of people in the dust trying to figure out how to navigate through a new operating system that is not intuitive, as pretty much all of the Microsoft upgrades have been over the years. I have upgraded from the early versions of MSDos back in 1986 to Windows 7 over the years, with little problem. Yep, there were changes, but those changes were easy to adapt to. They were intuitive, and easy to figure out.

What Windows 10 has thrown at us is kind of like telling a World War I Sopwith Camel fighter pilot, "We've got a much better plane for you. Suit up, strap in, take off, and have a great day flying the F-18 Hornet."

My lady friend just bought a new HP computer that came with Windows 10. It is so different and difficult to navigate through Windows 10 to all of the programs, games, computer functions, etc., etc... That she is going to have Windows 10 replaced on her computer with Windows 7, and I don't blame her.

p.s. Her local computer tech says that many other people are doing the same thing.

p.p.s. I think that Microsoft may have foolishly blundered with Windows 10, by listening to their computer know-it-alls, without considering their customer don't-know-it-alls.

p.p.p.s. Here's some silly advice, that nobody should act on until they have consulted their trusted financial adviser. Short sell 1,000 shares of Microsoft, and cover it after you have doubled your money.

p.p.p,p.s. If you foolishly follow this silly advice, Microsoft zooms up in value, and you lose 90% of your 401-K, don't waste your time suing me, because you can't get blood from a turnip. :lol: :lol: :lol:

c

Last edited by Cloudy on Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Windows 10
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:08 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I got no issues ....YET ... with Win 10...in fact Win 10 eliminated that App screen that IMO plagued Win 8.1...The Apps are now on the Control panel...which is better....Also it eliminated the Internet Explorer with Microsoft Edge browser.... So right now i am loving it, wish i upgrade the other laptop of mine (which has Win 7)

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO