New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 799 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32
 Post subject: How could anyone hate the Cubs...?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:23 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

THE ICEMAN wrote:
As our lil friend liljol is known to say...

FCUBS!!!

How could anyone hate the Cubs...?

They have to be baseball's greatest underdog, when it comes to winning the World Series for a very long time. When I don't have a dog in the fight, I will always root for the underdog. Even though pulling for the underdog usually results in disappointment, it's the American way to go.

p.s. All of the movies, where the underdog finally wins against great odds, bring tears of joy to people's eyes...

Post subject: Re: THE BASEBALL THREAD.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:19 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
Americans may love an underdog but they cherish a winner. The Chubbies are not winners. America was built with winners & do not tolerate losers... To quote Gen. Geo. S. Patton...
Quote:
When you were kids, you all admired the champion marble player; the fastest runner; the big league ball players; the toughest boxers. Americans love a winner and will not tolerate a loser. Americans despise cowards. Americans play to win - all the time. I wouldn't give a hoot in hell for a man who lost and laughed. That's why Americans have never lost, not ever will lose a war, for the very thought of losing is hateful to an American.
At least that's the way it used to be.

Besides, what would you do if the Chubbies won? Then what? What would life have for us then? We need the Chubbies BECAUSE they lose! Who would all the losers root for???

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:46 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. Those F CUBS have been the poster children of suckassitude for so long, it would be a crying shame if it were to stop. :lol:

Besides, if it weren't for those F CUBS, then I couldn't call those sad sack, suckass san diego FPDRES the F CUBS of the NL West, or those sad sack, suckass san diego FCHGRS the F CUBS of the NFL AFC West. :lol:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

Post subject: Get a Cubs tattoo...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:10 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Thanks ICEMAN and liljol, your extremely negative vibes about the Cubs have surely canceled out the possibility that my rooting for them might have jinxed them. I am so sure that your combined hubris has pissed off the Great Spirit in the sky so much, that his mojo will be working for the Cubs and against you. How sure am I...? Well, I'm so sure that the Cubs will finally win the World Series that I went out and got my first tattoo.

Last edited by Cloudy on Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:12 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:

Fools are easy to come by. The pic above proves my point.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:29 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Although I am a Mets fan, and am pulling for them over the Cubs, I am so totally disgusted with the petty Cubs-bashing on Scaratings. If you don't like the Cubs, that's fine, but you don't have to harp on it ad nauseam for five years!

I am hoping for a Mets vs. Blue Jays World Series, but may the best team win.

-- RWM

Post subject: "Hear, Hear"
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:44 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

zog741 wrote:
Although I am a Mets fan, and am pulling for them over the Cubs, I am so totally disgusted with the petty Cubs-bashing on Scaratings. If you don't like the Cubs, that's fine, but you don't have to harp on it ad nauseam for five years!

I am hoping for a Mets vs. Blue Jays World Series, but may the best team win.

-- RWM

"Hear, Hear", ZOG...! :D

Post subject: Yeah, it's looking bad for the Cubs right now...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:03 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Yeah, it's looking bad for the Cubs right now. They're down two games to none to the Mets in the National League Championship series. :cry: However, don't despair. This is exactly how every underdog movie begins. When it looks like your ragtag team of losers is about to fail, is when the seemingly impossible starts to happen, and they miraculously find a way to turn things around, and ultimately prevail. :D

Post subject: What Baseball Hall of Famer hit...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:09 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

What Baseball Hall of Famer hit the "Homer in the Gloamin" ?

Post subject: Re: Yeah, it's looking bad for the Cubs right now...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:01 pm 
King or Queen Postalot

Cloudy wrote:
Yeah, it's looking bad for the Cubs right now. They're down two games to none to the Mets in the National League Championship series. :cry: However, don't despair. This is exactly how every underdog movie begins. When it looks like your ragtag team of losers is about to fail, is when the seemingly impossible starts to happen, and they miraculously find a way to turn things around, and ultimately prevail. :D

If there's any franchise that can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, it's Da Bums

And being down two games to none certainly doesn't mean a team's finished. Just ask my Blue Jays, who evidently liked that flippin' comeback against the Rangers so much, they decided to do it again . . . :(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:57 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I did not see the game, but I see the Jays are back in it, in the type of non-pitchers duel that the American League is known for. The final score of 11-8 seems more like an halftime Argonauts score...

More Cubs vs. Mets tomorrow. Somehow this sounds like a baseball series where both teams are underdogs! :mrgreen: I saw all of game 1 and most of game 2, and I thought both teams played well, but the Mets seemed to catch the breaks. Hoping this continues in game 3...

-- RWM

Post subject: Re: Yeah, it's looking bad for the Cubs right now...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:21 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:

Nope. Image

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

Post subject: What is liljol's team...?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:34 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

What is liljol's team...? I'm going to start rooting for them. Not because I think liljol is a baseball guru, but because it seems like the teams I root for usually lose. :lol:

p.s. As expensive and painful as it will be, tomorrow I'm going to have the Chicago Cubs tattoo removed, and once I know liljol's favorite baseball team, I am going to get a new tat, with his team on my left arm. :lol:

Last edited by Cloudy on Fri Oct 23, 2015 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: What is liljol's team...?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:43 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
What is liljol's team...? I'm going to start rooting for them. Not because I think liljol is a baseball guru, but because it seems like the teams I root for usually lose. :lol:

p.s. As expensive and painful as it will be, tomorrow I'm going to have the Chicago Cubs tattoo remover, and once I know liljol's favorite baseball team, I am going to get a new tat, with his team on my left arm. :lol:

Think... '3 out of 5'

Post subject: Three out of five... What...?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:37 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

THE ICEMAN wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

p.s. As expensive and painful as it will be, tomorrow I'm going to have the Chicago Cubs tattoo remover, and once I know liljol's favorite baseball team, I am going to get a new tat, with his team on my left arm. :lol:

Think... '3 out of 5'

I guess any true baseball aficionado would understand what "Think... '3 out of 5' " means, but I am at a loss. Could you give me a little help here, without making me look like more of an idiot than I already am...?

Post subject: Re: Three out of five... What...?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:44 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
THE ICEMAN wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

Think... '3 out of 5'

I guess any true baseball aficionado would understand what "Think... '3 out of 5' " means, but I am at a loss. Could you give me a little help here, without making me look like more of an idiot than I already am...?

Is that even possible? :roll:
Think... 3 years out of the last 5.
8-)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:48 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

A buddy sent me this email... Interesting...

Quote:
Now its the curse of Murphy after Daniel Murphy homers in every game, and then some. The cursing goat's name was Murphy too by the way. In 1908, the last time the Cubs won a World Series, the owner was Charles Murphy.....Oh and the Cubs lost to the Padres in '84 at Jack Murphy Stadium. Mets used to have a GM named Johhny Murphy in the late 60's......and at the same time an announcer Bob Murphy. And Steve Bartman's dog was named..........wait for it.........Murphy.

Ironically in Back to the Future 2 there was not a single person associated with the movie in any capacity, with Murphy anywhere in their name. WTF?????

Post subject: Re: Three out of five... What...?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:44 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

THE ICEMAN wrote:

Quote:
Is that even possible? :roll:
Think... 3 years out of the last 5.
8-)

ICEMAN, you explain your conundrums with what might be less esoteric puzzles. However, I'm still at sea as to what "Think... 3 years out of the last 5" means.

Damn it, just tell me. I don't care if I get the Idiot of the Year Award. I only want to stop the nightmares that torture me while I'm sleeping, where I can never come up with the answer.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:50 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Mein Gott!!! Really???
The
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS have won the World Series the last 3 out of 5 years. Sheesh!!!

Any confusion now?!?

Post subject: Re: What Baseball Hall of Famer hit...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:52 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:

I just spotted this question on here.
Being a baseball thread and all, this one is way too easy.
Now... if someone could name the pitcher...
Standards, Cloudy, standards...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:38 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

THE ICEMAN wrote:
Mein Gott!!! Really???
The
SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS have won the World Series the last 3 out of 5 years. Sheesh!!!

Any confusion now?!?

Thanks, now that I know the answer, I can sleep at night again.

p.s. I don't pay attention to the World Series unless the Red Sox are in it.

Post subject: Re: What Baseball Hall of Famer hit...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:01 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

spotes wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

I just spotted this question on here.
Being a baseball thread and all, this one is way too easy.
Now... if someone could name the pitcher...
Standards, Cloudy, standards...

SPOTES, of course you would know the answer. Go ahead and post the answer to "What Baseball Hall of Famer hit the "Homer in the Gloamin" ? I doubt anyone else will. It will be interesting to see if anyone will try to answer your question. I would suspect that if anyone does come up with the answer, that they should add a footnote as to what web site the answer came from. :lol:

p.s. "The Homer in the Gloamin" is an interesting story from old time baseball lore. You might as well go ahead and post that too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:35 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

The batter was Gabby Hartnett (Chicago Cubs), and the pitcher who threw the gopher was Mace Brown (Pittsburgh Pirates). Yes, I did look it up; the link to my source is below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homer_in_the_Gloamin'

-- RWM

Post subject: A Desperation Swing...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:22 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Yep, with two out and the count at 0 and 2, Gabby took a desperation swing at a fast ball that he could barely see in the darkness of Wrigley Field, as the sun had just set, and Wrigley did not have lights. Many of the fans there that night never saw the ball go into the stands, as it was extremely difficult to see where the ball went in the dim lighting as the sun went down.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 799 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32