New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
 Post subject: Here are SPOTE's answers...
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:32 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I think enough time has gone by. With the possible exception of my buddy ICEMAN, either nobody else thinks they know the answers, or they're afraid to post them out of fear of doing as poorly as I did. Hell, you could have cheated, Googled them, brought in a bunch of buddies to get a perfect score, and beat SPOTES. Who would ever know...? However, no one else has given it a shot, so I'm going to post SPOTES' great answers now. Here they are:

"I counted 68 people (not including JC crowd folks at the end)
I cannot identify two of them.The rest should be accurate.
Here's what I got with my initial pass:

Bob Hope
Alfred Hitchcock
Steve McQueen
John Wayne
Dale Earnhardt Sr.
Dwight Eisenhower
John Ritter
Michael Jackson
Farrah Fawcett
Ed McMahon
Leslie Nielsen
Anne Bancroft
Patrick Swayze
Paul Newman
Robert Urich
Charlton Heston
Natalie Wood
Whitney Houston
Dean Martin/Sammy Davis Jr/Frank Sinatra
Greta Garbo
Walter Kronkite
Ted Koppel
Bobby/Teddy/Johnny Kennedy
Richard Pryor
Edward Woodward
Marilyn Monroe
Bruce Lee
Jimi Hendrix
Judy Garland
Ronald Reagan
Jimmy Stewart
Steve Jobs
Pontiac Bonneville
Heath Ledger
Eastern Airlines
Charles Schultz
Ricky Nelson
?
Elvis Presley
Neil Armstrong
Harry Tuman
David Carradine
Marlon Brando/Jean Simmons
Johnny Carson
Carroll O’Connor
Jack Lemmon
Cary Grant/Audrey Hepburn
Johnny Cash
Spencer Tracy/Kate Hepburn
Christopher Reeve
Fred Rogers
Liz Taylor
Brittany Murphy
George Harrison
Walter Matthau
?
Anna Nicole Smith
George Patton
Mohammad
Confucius Buddha
Jesus and his posse"

Way to go SPOTES...! You never cease to amaze me.

p.s. The door is still open. (Perhaps it's just a tiny bit ajar.) However, can any of you come up with answers to the one's SPOTES didn't know? Here's the link to the quiz, if you want to give it a try:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS3DMEmIRUE

Last edited by Cloudy on Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Chip the Bartender
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:45 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Looking at the list, I estimate I'd have gotten only 35-40 of them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:58 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

After looking at your list and double-checking the one I wrote, I'm not sure why I wrote Oldsmobile as I'm pretty sure that it was a Pontiac Bonneville in the picture.
Of course, it might be because I only went through the video in real time a couple of times and listed it from memory like an idiot in an effort to save time. I'm starting to doubt my dedication to your side projects Cloudy...
And let that be a lesson to you kids playing along at home.

Post subject: I'll fix my mistake
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:44 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

spotes wrote:
After looking at your list and double-checking the one I wrote, I'm not sure why I wrote Oldsmobile as I'm pretty sure that it was a Pontiac Bonneville in the picture.
Of course, it might be because I only went through the video in real time a couple of times and listed it from memory like an idiot in an effort to save time. I'm starting to doubt my dedication to your side projects Cloudy...

SPOTES, I'll fix my mistake of posting your first list of answers you sent me in a private message, before you had time to review it. Sorry, I should have waited. :oops:

Post subject: Great, it's good to see...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:53 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

mrgray wrote:
Looking at the list, I estimate I'd have gotten only 35-40 of them.

Great, it's good to see that I have someone else, who knew about the same number of them as I did. :)

Post subject: Re: I'll fix my mistake
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:01 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
spotes wrote:

SPOTES, I'll fix my mistake of posting your first list of answers you sent me in a private message, before you had time to review it. Sorry, I should have waited. :oops:

I'm not sure how my boneheadedness is someone else's fault, but I could get used to this... :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: A departure from what normally shows up here...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:33 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
While making a post on the "Last five song redux", I stumbled across something that is what I would call a pictorial quiz. It was something that showed up as I was checking my Bob Hope "Thanks for the Memory" song. It caught my imagination, so I watched the whole thing. It scrolls through pictures of famous and important people throughout history, who are no longer alive, but doesn't tell you who they are. (Two of the answers are inanimate objects, but they count.) It's nostalgic in a way. Go ahead and try it, and keep track of the ones you can or cannot name. I could name 43, but didn't know who 20 of them were. If you do give this a shot, be brave and honestly post how well you did here. (Please don't cheat.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS3DMEmIRUE

(Don't forget to count the first one, and don't skip the last three.)

What the hell did I just watch? :roll:

-- RWM

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:31 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

To expand on my brief remark from last night: the first 12 minutes of the video were okay. It served to jog my memory on famous faces from the past. But the last three minutes proved to be a stupid Jesus spiel. WTF? I get strung along for 12 minutes watching a video with a misleading title to get suckered in to this?

Next time someone tries to push their religion, can't they just get to the bloody point so I can say "no" to them faster?

I'm just surprised that this video had no dislikes.

-- RWM

Post subject: This might get me in a whole lot of trouble...
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:12 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

zog741 wrote:
To expand on my brief remark from last night: the first 12 minutes of the video were okay. It served to jog my memory on famous faces from the past. But the last three minutes proved to be a stupid Jesus spiel. WTF? I get strung along for 12 minutes watching a video with a misleading title to get suckered in to this?
I'm just surprised that this video had no dislikes.

Next time someone tries to push their religion, can't they just get to the bloody point so I can say "no" to them faster?

-- RWM

This might get me in a whole lot of trouble...

ZOG, I am going to address your comment on religion, hoping that DANTE won't consider this a violation of the "ScaRatings" rules, that will cause him to lock this thread.

Just to let you know where I'm coming from, my grandfather, a Congregationalist minister, christened me into the Christian faith. My mother, who was an Episcopalian, made me become one too. I attended church pretty much every Sunday, sang in the youth choir, attended Sunday school, actually gave a sermon to the congregation, and was elected to President of the diocese youth fellowship group for upstate New York. Some years later I went back to Zion Episcopal Church in Rome, NY, and got married there.

Time went on and I had doubts about the words I was mouthing in church, because many of them did not make sense to me, and I became an agnostic. Science trumps God, of course!

However, I didn't stop questioning things and my thoughts there. I still had questions that neither religion nor science could answer to my satisfaction. Basically, how could this universe of order, laws of science, the existence of life, and much more just come about by chance out of the chaos that everything began from. Chaos is chaos, and our existence could never have risen from it by chance. I have decided that there is only one answer. Something (Call it God, if you want.) had something to do with this. However, this "God" is not the "God" of any of the earthly religions, and nothing that most scientists consider.

We live in an existence that we really can't explain or can ever have absolute answers to.

However, the world and life we live in is the only one we have, so we should make the best of it. Religion is good as long as it teaches people to love and take care or each other, as long as they don't try to force it on others, and don't kill those, who don't share their religious beliefs. Science is good, because it discovers things that make our existence better, and us more knowledgeable.

ZOG, that was a long introduction for what I have to say to you. (It could have been longer.) :lol:

Don't object to those of religion even if you disagree with them. For the most part they are good people, who do no harm, and actually do a lot of good. When you find their message boring, just ignore them. I stopped watching the video quiz game, that upset you, as soon as it went over to all of that religious stuff. Let it go, most of them only want to convert you to save your soul, it's only when they tell you to get your wallet out that you have to worry. :lol:

p.s. I don't believe that the creator of the universe ("God") intercedes in what is happening on Earth. As much as I have problems with him, I think that Dr. Kevorkian might have put it well. (I will paraphrase, because I cannot find the exact quote.) Kevorkian said, "God was the quarterback, who handed the ball off to us, and said you're on your own."

p.p.s. Here's a silly thought. The universe and everything that exists in it just might be some 9th grader's science project on a plane far beyond our comprehension. For the sake of us all, let's pray that his mom doesn't decide to throw it out, when she cleans his room. :lol:

Last edited by Cloudy on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:07 am, edited 13 times in total.

Post subject: Re: This might get me in a whole lot of trouble...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:01 am 
Himself Fodder

Cloudy wrote:
I am going to address your comment on religion, hoping that DANTE won't consider this a violation of the "ScaRatings" rules, that will cause him to lock this thread.

From the rules: 3) Religious discussions will be locked. The person starting them will be suspended. Any person who tries to continually raise them will be banned.

Just sayin'

Post subject: Re: This might get me in a whole lot of trouble...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:36 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Cloudy wrote:
I am going to address your comment on religion, hoping that DANTE won't consider this a violation of the "ScaRatings" rules, that will cause him to lock this thread.

From the rules: 3) Religious discussions will be locked. The person starting them will be suspended. Any person who tries to continually raise them will be banned.

Just sayin'

BO, I thought you were dead, and your soul had gone to Heaven. Thank God you are still alive. :lol:

p.s. Now that I know that your are alive and kicking, have you tried the photo quiz trivia challenge yet? Come on, give it a shot. Who knows, you might even beat SPOTES. (Unless you're drunk and have been blinded in both eyes, you will certainly do better than I did.) :lol:

Last edited by Cloudy on Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:21 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I won't elaborate on my thoughts on religion here, as this is not the place.

The video in question is entitled, "Thanks For The Memories - Bob Hope! (ALBUM)" It is 15 minutes and 1 second long. I had to watch about 12 minutes of this before it became evident what the point of this video really was. Talk about not getting to the point! And it certainly was more than a little bit deceptive, which really frosted me.

So the objective of the video was clearly to sell a certain religion (and in an especially underhanded way), and yet Cloudy introduced it as a "pictorial quiz"?!?! While Cloudy considers this to be a trivia challenge, I regard the video as spam and I dismiss it accordingly.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:21 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

zog741 wrote:
I won't elaborate on my thoughts on religion here, as this is not the place.

The video in question is entitled, "Thanks For The Memories - Bob Hope! (ALBUM)" It is 15 minutes and 1 second long. I had to watch about 12 minutes of this before it became evident what the point of this video really was. Talk about not getting to the point! And it certainly was more than a little bit deceptive, which really frosted me.

So the objective of the video was clearly to sell a certain religion (and in an especially underhanded way), and yet Cloudy introduced it as a "pictorial quiz"?!?! While Cloudy considers this to be a trivia challenge, I regard the video as spam and I dismiss it accordingly.

-- RWM

My friend, if you read my previous post, I would have to think that you would realize that I could be the least likely person to try to promote any sort of religious doctrine.

I didn't expect the religious sales job at the end of a fun photo quiz, but once it began I ended it, which was pretty simple to do. If you are insinuating that I was trying to trick people into watching some kind of Christian propaganda, you are absolutely WRONG...! Most would consider me an atheist or an agnostic. Actually, I am less religious than either of those labels, but please go back and read my previous post again, so you can know that the last thing I would ever do would be to try to trick someone into having to watch a religious sales job. (Hell, I'm going to go back, and posting a warning in red about what occurs after the photo quiz is over. Check it out, it's DONE!)

Though I didn't do well on it I thought the photo quiz was fun. How did you do is the only thing we really care to hear about.

After the photo quiz was over, why did you bother to watch a bunch of religious stuff that you didn't like? I noticed it immediately and ended it as soon as it began.

I think the photo quiz was pretty good, and the stuff that followed it was something that could be skipped, ignored, and forgotten. :D

p.s. I still love you like a brother. Let's move on.

p.p.s. Though I might be a lost soul, I still respect the guys and gals, who have deep religious beliefs. Even though I don't share their concept of God, I admire them for the good things they do in "His" name.

Last edited by Cloudy on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:20 am, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:49 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy, the fact that you introduced the video as a "pictorial quiz" is evident. I will take at face value your statement that you did not intend on exposing Scaratings members to religious propaganda - even though that is what you appeared to be doing.

I see you added the disclaimer to your previous post, and I thank you.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:03 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy, how many times are you going to edit your long post? You're up to 13 times as I write this, and are that many people going to read it?

-- RWM

Post subject: A lot of reasons...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:22 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

zog741 wrote:
Cloudy, how many times are you going to edit your long post? You're up to 13 times as I write this, and are that many people going to read it?

-- RWM

As you are well aware of, I often write fairly long posts. I do so quickly, as things pop into my head. After I'm done, I go back and check what I have posted. When I do, I find incomplete sentences, run on sentences, misspellings, verb disagreement, missing or unnecessary punctuation, repetitive words, words that I omitted, better words to use, words or phrases that I duplicated, things that would leave the reader confused, poor sentence structure, capitalization mistakes, things I really didn't want to say, things I wanted to say that I didn't, things that were too strident that needed to be put more nicely, and many other things that I can't think of right now. After I think that I've fixed everything, I hit enter, but I go back and read it again, and I usually find some things that I missed that still need to be corrected. As you might guess, I don't do this just once. I should add that all of this editing I do doesn't change the original things that popped into my head. I would like to think that it improves what I was trying to say.

Anything worth writing should be written as well as one can, and if that means repetitive edits, I do it to the best of my ability. (It is not unusual for me to spend 30 minutes or more on some of my posts.)

Don't laugh at me, I will go back to old posts and check them out too, just in case I might have missed something. :lol:

p.s. I also have liljol constantly looking over my shoulder, waiting for me to screw up, so he can ban me for something like using the word "their" when it should have been "they're". I hate it when he gets a chuckle at my expense, because I goofed up the English language on one of my posts. :lol:

p.p.s. Why the Hell are you counting how many times I edited a post? If you went back and tried to count all of my edits, not only would you be very bored, you would also be very old by the time you were done. There must be hundreds of thousands of them throughout the 5,000 plus posts I've banged out on my keyboard over the years. (Maybe millions?) :lol:

Post subject: Do you think...?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:10 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Do you think that "Watter's World" should be banned from college campuses, and every other place...?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/390823260100 ... show-clips

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=wat ... 0A02085C6B

These people being interviewed VOTE...! This is frightening.

I say ban "Watter's World". Why...? Simple answer... Ignorance is Bliss... There is no reason to upset these idiots with reality. They should be left alone to live out their pathetically ignorant lives in ignorant bliss. (However, I don't think these people should be allowed to vote, if they don't know who the first president of the United States was.)

p.s,. Jay Leno's "Jay Walking" episodes told us the same thing. We are a nation of many uneducated and uninformed people, who get to Vote.

p.p.s. These are the people, who think that professional wrestling is for real, and how they decide to vote will determine where our country is heading.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY...!

Post subject: Carma the Bartender
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:24 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I got a bartender story that is blooming... She's a bartender who works at a non-Buzztime bar... The friendship started with a song ... Then we decided if the KJ gets the Chainsmokers song "Closer", we'll sing it....Then the bar started pub trivia, she tends bar every Monday... Once the game ends, I help play her songs, including the formentioned, on the jukebox.... I help her out and she does the same... Now I just create a playlist of her songs on the Touchtunes juke.... I just taking my time on this friendship... This is why I decided to share this with everyone while continue Cloudy's topic

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24