New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: I love it...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:09 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

FrankC wrote:
Cloudy, this is one of the reasons I like Coyotes:

The Chicago Fire Department performed a dramatic rescue of a wild coyote trapped on a block of ice floating on the icy waters of Lake Michigan on Friday, December 17, 2010, according to a news report on WGN. Attached is a video of the rescue from WGN News.

Normally the fire department would not have attempted the rescue of a wild animal, but Animal Control had responded quickly and was on hand to assist in the rescue. The reason that the fire department would not normally rescue a wild animal is due to the danger presented to rescue personnel by a wild animal.

According to the report, the coyote was feeding on fish along the shore when the block of ice it was standing on broke away from the shore and drifted out onto the lake. At one point the coyote tried to swim to shore, but the distance was too far to swim in 33 degree water. The coyote climbed onto another block of ice and waited for rescue.

The rescue operation was successful and the coyote, being called Holly, is safe. It is not known at this point whether Holly is one of the coyotes tagged by the City of Chicago to control the rat population.

It is heartwarming to see rescue workers work to save a wild animal in this day and age.

FrankC, I love it...

Coyotes are really just puppies without a home, and have parents that never had a home either. Given the chance they could learn to be like golden retrievers or black labs. However, you are right, their feral instincts would make them great rat eradicators in Chicago. After wiping out a couple dozen rats every night, they would come trotting home to your house and scratch at the door to be let back in. Once inside they would lick your hand, and curl up in front of the fireplace. They would notice when you rose from your easy chair, and headed upstairs to the bedroom. When you finally arrived and climbed into bed, your pet coyote would already be there waiting for you.

Good luck convincing him to move to make room for your feet. Be careful, he might think your toes are but some more Chicago rats hiding under the blankets.

Post subject: Ahh, the terrible hacking down of Christmas trees...
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:43 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Falcon wrote:
Cloudy wrote:
Where are all you tree huggers...? I know you're out there.

How could you let a global warming challenge go unchallenged?

I'll put something up here that you can jump all over.

Yep, we are probably going to experience a period of global warming, but I don't think human beings have anything to do with it. The last Ice Age only ended about 12,000 years ago. I believe that Ice Ages over thousands of years have come and gone in cycles, and we can look forward to something like 40,000 years of global warming from the end of the last Ice Age before things start cooling off again. In which case, we can expect the temperatures on Earth to gradually move up for about another 28,000 years or so.

My best guess is that this is all the fault of the Sun, and a cycle it goes through, and has nothing to do with our outrageous use of incandescent light bulbs.

p.s. I might be off somewhat on the number of years between the periods of glaciation, but in the grand scheme of things that really doesn't matter.

Whether the inter-glacial period is 40 000 or 25 000 years, it does not explain the rapid melting of the Arctic ice over the past 20 years.

It would be tempting, but we're too busy cutting trees for Christmas. Besides, arguing against anthropogenic climate change is like arguing against evolution. Those on the anti- side are convinced by what they want to believe, not the scientific evidence, so logic is futile.

Yep, I know this wasn't the main point of your post, but I love the terrible hacking down of Christmas trees debate, so that's where I'm going.

Yeah, we sure hack 'em down every year. One would think we should surely run out of Christmas trees to hack down pretty soon. However, the years go by and the Christmas trees keep coming. How can this be...?

I think the answer is that those who hack down Christmas trees every year to sell, want to stay in business, and have some more Christmas trees to hack down next year to sell again, so they plant new ones to replace the ones they hacked down.

Trees are not only a usable resource, they are also a renewable resource.

p.s. This would also apply to the evil tree hackers of the paper and timber industries.

p.p.s. Yep, this might be true in Brazil, but I have faith that they will eventually figure the deal out.

Post subject: Hell, did I kill the "Chip the Bartender" thread...?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:34 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Hell, did I kill the "Chip the Bartender" thread...?

I'm telling myself that maybe it's the holidays, but my paranoia keeps telling me it is I... Oh well, hopefully somebody will stumble across this thread and post something once the holidays are over.

Merry Christmas to everyone...!

Last edited by Cloudy on Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Chip the Bartender
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:46 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
It's not dead at all. Everyone is preoccupied preparing for Christmas as evidenced below...

Take care of yourself Cloudy & to everyone...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:58 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

THE ICEMAN wrote:
It's not dead at all. Everyone is preoccupied preparing for Christmas as evidenced below...

Take care of yourself Cloudy & to everyone...

Same here Iceman

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

Post subject: It's good to hear from my old buddies...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:09 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

It's good to hear from my old buddies.

Your creativity, humor, and sincerity are wonderful Christmas presents. Thank you...

p.s. If you could somehow sneak away, and find a trivia bar that's open on Christmas day, I've got a feeling that you could rack up a bunch of Gold, Silver, and Bronze medals...

Post subject: "We need to talk..."
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:57 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

"We need to talk..."

Have you ever heard these words from a woman...?

If so, look out. My limited experience tells me that it ain't going to be talking about what restaurant she wants to go to tomorrow, or anything mundane. It is much more likely to be about feelings, her feelings, and most likely you are in trouble... "We need to talk" doesn't mean you are really going to talk. It means she is going to talk, and you are going to listen.

My best advice is to say something like "Yes, Sweetheart", then just sit back and listen. No matter how outrageously wrong her words might be, don't argue, don't debate, don't try to use logic... that will only get you into deeper Kimchi. Smile, agree, tell her she is right, and that you understand. Yep, you're telling your brain to take a dive, but it's the smart way to go.

p.s. Has anyone ever had a guy say to him, "We need to talk"...? I haven't...

Post subject: Extinction...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:19 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Extinction...

It's sad to think about species becoming extinct, but alas, it seems to be nature's way. All of the dinosaurs are gone, with the possible exception of the birds (which I believe to be feathered dinosaurs without teeth). However, the dinosaurs are but a drop in the bucket when it comes to extinction. As I understand it, 99.9% of all species that once lived upon the Earth are gone.

http://mjperry.blogspot.com/2007/09/999 ... tinct.html

Maybe we can bring some of them back. The idea behind "Jurassic Park" might not just be fiction. I think there might be a chance that the wooly mammoth could be brought back to life. Their DNA is readily available, and with elephants still walking around, some smart scientists ought to be able to figure out how use the surrogate mother thing to bring those big tuskers back from extinction.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:58 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Attachment:
dinosaurs-dinosaurs-extinction-demotivational-poster-1260905108.jpg
dinosaurs-dinosaurs-extinction-demotivational-poster-1260905108.jpg [ 137.96 KiB | Viewed 602 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:43 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

THE ICEMAN wrote:
Attachment:
dinosaurs-dinosaurs-extinction-demotivational-poster-1260905108.jpg

ICEMAN, the graphics you post are always funny, and often poignant. You will never cease to impress me with your creativity...

p.s. Back in the NTN days, your picture of the crashed CH-46 helicopter on the beach, and the hot to trot nurses were nothing but pictoral genius...

Keep your stuff coming...

Post subject: Can this be right...?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:09 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Can this be right...?

I heard that 100% of unions supported "Obama Care", and that now 40% of them have been granted exemptions from it. Where is the mainstream media on this? I guess Nancy Pelosi was right... We needed to pass it to find out what was in it. Hell, where was the mainstream media on this brilliant utterance, when she uttered it.

Post subject: Re: Can this be right...?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:49 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
Can this be right...?

I heard that 100% of unions supported "Obama Care", and that now 40% of them have been granted exemptions from it. Where is the mainstream media on this? I guess Nancy Pelosi was right... We needed to pass it to find out what was in it. Hell, where was the mainstream media on this brilliant utterance, when she uttered it.

The last I heard is that well over 200 organizations have been exempted from Obamacare including McDonalds Corp. Amazing. By the way, Nancy Pelosi turns me on.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:53 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUMP

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:33 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

THE ICEMAN wrote:
BUMP

Nice Iceman. Cloudy, since you been active lately, What's on your mind lately??/

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

Post subject: Nancy Pelosi...?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:08 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

FrankC wrote:
Cloudy wrote:
Can this be right...?

The last I heard is that well over 200 organizations have been exempted from Obamacare including McDonalds Corp. Amazing. By the way, Nancy Pelosi turns me on.

Nancy Pelosi...? Nah, she ain't hot. The hottest government babe ever was Janet Reno. Just ask the Branch Dividian survivors...

Last edited by Cloudy on Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: "Computer Games New and Old" is a little slow, so...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:38 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

It looks like "Computer Games New and Old" has gotten a little slow. So what the Hell, I'll come back over to "Chip the Bartender" and see how much controversial stuff I can stir up.

I really liked "Computer Games New and Old" a lot better, because everyone, who posted there, was nice and polite. It's been a long time since I've been on this thread, and over that time, I've amassed a whole lot of stuff to post that will more than likely ruffle Liberals' feathers. Not starting it tonight, but tomorrow is another day...

Ruffled Liberal's Feathers

(Hell, that looks a lot like Nancy Pelosi.)

Post subject: Was Obama an American, eligible to run...?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:32 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Was Obama an American, eligible to run for president...?

At first I thought he was, but the more I hear, I think we have someone sitting in the White House, who should not be there by law.

p.s. When Barry Goldwater ran against LBJ back in 1964 (Though it didn't matter.) liberals questioned, if Goldwater was qualified to run, because he was born in Arizona, when it was still just a terratory.

(Where is this type of scrutiny today...?)

Post subject: Re: Was Obama an American, eligible to run...?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:34 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:

Maybe he was, and maybe he wasn't. (I think he was born in Honolulu in 1961, because the World Almanac says so.)

But regardless of what the World Almanac might say on the matter, I still think the Bush's are from another planet. :mrgreen:

-- RWM

Post subject: Re: Was Obama an American, eligible to run...?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:02 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:

At first I thought he was, but the more I hear, I think we have someone sitting in the White House, who should not be there by law.

p.s. When Barry Goldwater ran against LBJ back in 1964 (Though it didn't matter.) liberals questioned, if Goldwater was qualified to run, because he was born in Arizona, when it was still just a terratory.

Scrutiny?
Trust me, Cloudy. People are looking. The fact that so many people want this to be true but can't find anything contradictory to Hawaii's records should tell us something.
I see no reason to disbelieve the effectiveness of bureaucrats in Hawaii any more than any other state, so I fail to see the issue.

Goldwater would be considered quite liberal by today's standards, BTW.
The first time that I saw that reprehensible atomic bomb ad by Johnson against Goldwater many years after the fact, I was about ten and thought that Johnson was probably the world's biggest tool. Years later, after learning a lot more about him, any doubt was removed.

He'll always be a distant second to Chuck Schumer, though.
I feel sorry for the entire state of New York for being stuck with that consummate soulless mouthpiece.

Post subject: We like presidents from other planets...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:51 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

zog741 wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

Maybe he was, and maybe he wasn't. (I think he was born in Honolulu in 1961, because the World Almanac says so.)

But regardless of what the World Almanac might say on the matter, I still think the Bush's are from another planet. :mrgreen:

-- RWM

We like presidents from other planets, just as long as they can produce an authentic U.S. birth certificate.

Post subject: Who can you believe...?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:13 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

spotes wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

Scrutiny?
Trust me, Cloudy. People are looking. The fact that so many people want this to be true but can't find anything contradictory to Hawaii's records should tell us something.
I see no reason to disbelieve the effectiveness of bureaucrats in Hawaii any more than any other state, so I fail to see the issue.

Goldwater would be considered quite liberal by today's standards, BTW.
The first time that I saw that reprehensible atomic bomb ad by Johnson against Goldwater many years after the fact, I was about ten and thought that Johnson was probably the world's biggest tool. Years later, after learning a lot more about him, any doubt was removed.

He'll always be a distant second to Chuck Schumer, though.
I feel sorry for the entire state of New York for being stuck with that consummate soulless mouthpiece.

Who can you believe...? I only have suspicions as to where the truth lies on this issue. Supposedly, one of Obama's grandmothers is quoted as saying that she was there when Barack was born in Kenya. I've also heard that Hawaii's certificate of live birth is very far from an actual birth certificate. Then there's something about a Fullbright Scholarship that Obama received to go to Occidental College. As I understand it, these Fulbright Scholarships were only awarded to foreign students.

There's more, but that's enough. Something here sounds fishy. Obama could clear all of this shit up, if he would simply release his records, but he chooses not to.

As long as the mainstream media is in his camp, he has little to worry about.

Post subject: Re: Who can you believe...?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:12 am 
Banned

Cloudy wrote:
Then there's something about a Fullbright Scholarship that Obama received to go to Occidental College. As I understand it, these Fulbright Scholarships were only awarded to foreign students.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/bi ... dental.asp

Snopes. It's there to help you not waste everybody's fucking time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:22 am 
Golden Tee Master

mr_ale wrote:
Cloudy wrote:
Then there's something about a Fullbright Scholarship that Obama received to go to Occidental College. As I understand it, these Fulbright Scholarships were only awarded to foreign students.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/bi ... dental.asp

Snopes. It's there to help you not waste everybody's fucking time.

Oh darn, I thought Mr Ale was dead. :P
Guess we are in for six more weeks of political bickering.
Thanks a lot Cloudy. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:31 pm 
Banned

cards wrote:

Yeah, bickering. He passes on a lowlife right wing accusation that's easily debunked by anyone willing to spend 30 seconds on the internet. Oh, also, anyone with the slightest level of healthy skepticism towards anonymous third-hand chain e-mails. Guess that leaves you out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:58 pm 
Golden Tee Master

mr_ale wrote:
cards wrote:

Yeah, bickering. He passes on a lowlife right wing accusation that's easily debunked by anyone willing to spend 30 seconds on the internet. Oh, also, anyone with the slightest level of healthy skepticism towards anonymous third-hand chain e-mails. Guess that leaves you out.

Nice, glad to see you haven't changed. For the most part folks are kidding on here. Although, Cloudy might be serious about some of the stuff he posts. He is joking about most of it. I do notice you have to use a slur when talking about the right wing. If you have me pegged for a "lowlife right winger" then you are sadly mistaken. Keep up the good work. :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 24  Next