New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chip the Bartender
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:37 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
It Was 50 Years Ago Today...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexey_Leonov

Post subject: Actually, it wasn't a bad way to go...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:34 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Sadly, a race car driver, Leon Gonyo, died last Sunday at the Devil's Bowl Speedway in West Haven, VT. Anyone's death is a tragedy, and normally there is nothing good about it. However, Leon's passing might be an exception to this. All of us are going to die, and the circumstances of our deaths are unlikely to have any glory to them. Leon's death happened after he had won the race, and was taking his victory lap. When you think about it, if you were a race car driver, could you think of a better way to go, than in your moment of glory? Sure beats choking to death on a chicken sandwich, or passing on to eternal sleep lying on a nursing home bed.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/stoc ... ry-n431266

If I could choose, it might not be bad for my final moments of life would occur once I finished off my last mug of beer, after a perfect "Showdown" game and ranking #1 in the country. :lol:

Post subject: A little bit of history that I never knew...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:20 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Here's a little bit of history that I never knew until now, when I stumbled across it. I'm guessing that some of you history trivia buffs don't know it either. Because I think it's interesting I'm going to post it here.

This is the story of Sybil Ludington, a sixteen-year-old young woman, who bravely played a fairly significant part in the American Revolution. From what I have read and listened to tonight, I would say she is right up there with Paul Revere. (Perhaps above him.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4rnjV-GORg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sybil_Ludington

I say, if we have to put a woman on the ten dollar bill, Sybil should be given serious consideration.

http://www.jcs-group.com/military/aapeo ... ington.jpg

Post subject: Some more from "Drunk History"
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:48 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Here's some more American history from "Drunk History". It's the story of the Statue of Liberty told by two guys, who had to take a taxi home, after the bartender took their car keys from them... :lol:

mhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpCWs7H3NeEore

Post subject: Some more from "Drunk History"
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:48 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Here's some more American history from "Drunk History". It's the story of the Statue of Liberty told by two guys, who had to take a taxi home to make this video, after the bartender took their car keys from them... :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpCWs7H3NeE

Damn, I wish that I could have taken my history classes at Colgate with a bottle of wine, like the guys in the video are enjoying. I'm sure if I could, I would have graduated with a GPA better than my 1.9998. (Yep, they had to carry the decimals out that far to finally decide to round them up to 2.0, before they gave me my sheepskin.)

Post subject: Super Blood Moon and lunar eclipse...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:08 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

The first Super Blood Moon and lunar eclipse in 30 years happened tonight. I was going to go out and watch it, but alas Louisville was overcast tonight, and I missed it. No matter how disappointed I was, I'm still looking forward to the next one, which will occur in 2033. Hell, I'll only be 99 years old when that happens. :lol:

Did any of you guys and gals get to see it tonight?

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/2015/0 ... 015_l.html

http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/fact ... lipse.html

Post subject: Unable to delete this unintended duplicate post...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:13 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I was unable to delete the unintended duplicate post of my above post, so I just deleted all of the words in the damn thing... :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Super Blood Moon and lunar eclipse...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:40 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
The first Super Blood Moon and lunar eclipse in 30 years happened tonight. I was going to go out and watch it, but alas Louisville was overcast tonight, and I missed it. No matter how disappointed I was, I'm still looking forward to the next one, which will occur in 2033. Hell, I'll only be 99 years old when that happens. :lol:

I did see it. Almost forgot about it but went out around 11 when the eclipse was near its peak. :) I think it was the best lunar eclipse I've seen, although I'm sure I've missed more than a few in my life...

So, you are 81 now? :mrgreen:

-- RWM

Last edited by zog741 on Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Unable to delete this unintended duplicate post...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:45 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
I was unable to delete the unintended duplicate post of my above post, so I just deleted all of the words in the damn thing... :mrgreen:

Look for a box with an embedded "X" in the upper-right of your post. Click on that "X" and you can delete the post. You won't be able to delete once someone else posts, though.

-- RWM

Post subject: Dang it, I goofed up...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 1:02 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

zog741 wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

I did see it. Almost forgot about it but went out around 11 when the eclipse was near it's peak. :) I think it was the best lunar eclipse I've seen, although I'm sure I've missed more than a few in my life...

So, you are 81 now? :mrgreen:

-- RWM

Dang it, ZOG, I goofed up. I read somewhere that the next one was 30 years in the future. So I just added 30 years to my age, and came up with 99 years old. (I'm currently 69 years old.) After your post, I checked it out again. They say the year for the next one will be 2033. Hell, that is only 18 years away. Providing that my rapidly deteriorating math skills on such complicated things such as addition and subtraction aren't wrong again, I will only be an eighty seven-year-old youngster, when it happens.

This is great. I doubted that I would ever make it to 99. However, 87 is doable... :lol:

I'm glad you got to see it. Wish I could have too.

Thanks for your heads up on how old I would be, when the next Blood Moon comes. You're a good Mathematician, and a wonderful friend.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:28 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Actually, I screwed up too (it was not a math error though.) So, nobody's perfect.

August 21, 2017. It's a Monday, and you should save the date. 8-)

-- RWM

Post subject: That seems too soon...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:28 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

zog741 wrote:
Actually, I screwed up too (it was not a math error though.) So, nobody's perfect.

-- RWM

ZOG, that seems too soon. It's only two years away. Is that only going to be an eclipse of the moon...? From what I've read, I don't think we will have another Blood Moon that soon. Please forgive me, if I'm wrong again. I'm no expert about this stuff. I'm just regurgitating things I stumbled across on the Internet. :?

Post subject: Thanks, good advice...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:33 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

zog741 wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

Look for a box with an embedded "X" in the upper-right of your post. Click on that "X" and you can delete the post. You won't be able to delete once someone else posts, though.

-- RWM

Thanks, good advice.

Post subject: Re: That seems too soon...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:40 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
zog741 wrote:

-- RWM

ZOG, that seems too soon. It's only two years away. Is that only going to be an eclipse of the moon...? From what I've read, I don't think we will have another Blood Moon that soon. Please forgive me, if I'm wrong again. I'm no expert about this stuff. I'm just regurgitating things I stumbled across on the Internet. :?

I was referring to the solar eclipse that will occur on that date. Louisville will be near, but not in, the path of totality, but the southwestern parts of Kentucky, such as Bowling Green, or better yet, Paducah will see totality. For me, the closest place to see a total eclipse will be South Carolina, but you will be barely 100 miles away. :)

-- RWM

Post subject: How the Hell...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:07 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

zog741 wrote:
Cloudy wrote:
zog741 wrote:

-- RWM

I was referring to the solar eclipse that will occur on that date. Louisville will be near, but not in, the path of totality, but the southwestern parts of Kentucky, such as Bowling Green, or better yet, Paducah will see totality. For me, the closest place to see a total eclipse will be South Carolina, but you will be barely 100 miles away. :)

-- RWM

How the Hell do you know all of this stuff, ZOG...? I'm flabbergasted by what you know. Is there any chance I could recruit you to move to Louisville, so we could start putting a super trivia team back together again...? :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2015 11:02 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
Hey Cloudy, this is your day!!!

Post subject: Here's a stupid question...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:34 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Here's a stupid question for ya... Who are the stupid people, who come up with all of these stupid special days, like "National Cheeseburger Day"...? :lol:

The only one I like is "International Talk Like a Pirate Day". ("International Talk Like a Pirate Day" is on September 19th.

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/piratehome.html

p.s. YODA recently offered to take me out for a cheeseburger on "National Cheeseburger Day. I thanked him, but declined his offer. (National Cheeseburger Day was on September 18th.)

Post subject: I thought it was a joke, when I first heard this...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:39 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I thought it was a joke, when I first heard this...

However, beyond believe, I think it may be true.

(This is what I found on the Internet about it.)

"AG Announces Global Police Force To Patrol American Cities.

Strong-Cities

The Obama Administration is working quickly with the United Nations in several major American cities to set up a police force that would span the globe.

The global police force would be called the 'Strong Cities Network' and would ostensibly be a force to fight domestic and International terrorism...

This global police force, with a presence in major U.S. Cities would answer to the Justice Department, who would be “coordinating” with the United Nations.

Attorney General Loretta Lynch made the global (that is, United Nations) involvement clear when she added: “As we continue to counter a range of domestic and global terror threats, this innovative platform will enable cities to learn from one another, to develop best practices and to build social cohesion and community resilience here at home and around the world.”

While Conservatives are worried about the subjugation of American citizens to a global political power that would consider itself above the U.S. and the Constitution, Liberals are worried about the potential abuse of the civil rights of American Muslims from a global police force."

This can't possibly be true. I'm guessing that someone must have made it up, because it makes no sense. :?

(Anyone know...?)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:17 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Its the real deal

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/launch-st ... -extremism

Whats next, the Thought Police?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:36 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

mudee wrote:
Its the real deal

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/launch-st ... -extremism

Whats next, the Thought Police?

Did Congress have anything to do with this? Why haven't I read anything about it in the newspaper?

I took the liberty to copy some of what the link you gave us said and paste it here:

"The Strong Cities Network will serve as a vital tool to strengthen capacity-building and improve collaboration,” said Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch. “As we continue to counter a range of domestic and global terror threats, this innovative platform will enable cities to learn from one another, to develop best practices and to build social cohesion and community resilience here at home and around the world.”

The Strong Cities Network (SCN) – which launches September 29th at the United Nations – will empower municipal bodies to fill this gap while working with civil society and safeguarding the rights of local citizens and communities.

The SCN will strengthen strategic planning and practices to address violent extremism in all its forms by fostering collaboration among cities, municipalities and other sub-national authorities."

What kind of political gobbledygook is this...? It reads like a "C-" paper turned in for a Poli-Sci 101 class. Lots of nice sounding words, but they tiptoe past what the "Strong Cities Network" is actually going to do, and why.

Where's the meat...?

What powers will they have? Has Congress approved their presence on U.S. soil? Why aren't our existing law enforcement and information gathering people such as the police, the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, etc, already able of doing the same things? What are the gaps, in what we already have in place, do we need "The U.N. Strong Cities Network" to fill? Who's going to pay for them? There are more questions, but that's enough...

p.s. Gotta ask one more question. What the Hell does this quote mean, "violent extremism in all its forms"...? This is such an ill-defined concept, that it could include anything from a nuclear bomb being trucked into New York City, or perhaps to a shootout between rival drug gangs.

p.p.s. Here is another snippet of the political gobbledygook that I really loved:

"...build social cohesion and community resilience...". Good Lord, give me a break. Maybe it should have been given a "D" instead of a "C-". :lol:

Last edited by Cloudy on Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:53 am, edited 8 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:58 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

No, Congress had nothing to do with it. It was done by you know who, and Loretta Lynch of the DOJ. Did you really expect to see anything in the Lame Stream Media?

Post subject: SeaWorld in San Diego...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:40 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I went to SeaWorld in San Diego with my ex-wife and kids some years ago. It was great, but if you haven't gotten around to going there yet, I think time is running out on you.

The California Coastal Commission has banned captive breeding of the SeaWorld's killer whales (orcas). SeaWorld had already agreed not to capture any new killer whales from the ocean many years ago. Let me think for a moment... No more new killer whales from the wild, and no more captive breeding of new killer whale babies... Hmmm, I guess this probably means no more orca shows at SeaWorld before too many years go by.

The orca show at SeaWorld was not the main reason to fly across the country to visit SeaWorld in San Diego, it was the only reason to. Thanks to the California Coastal Commission, Seaworld will probably drop their $100,000,000 plan to expand the already spacious orca pools, because it no longer makes financial sense to do so. I will add that SeaWorld in San Diego might very well shut down their park as a result of this in the near future, putting thousands of starfish and barnacles out of a job, and forcing them to go on welfare.

http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-worl ... out-shamu/

How long will it be before these zany animal rights activists order the seafood restaurants in California to release all of the lobsters from their tanks and return them to the sea...?

p.s. These nutty animal rights activists had accused SeaWorld of neglecting and abusing their orcas. This makes as much sense as Claiborne Farm in Kentucky neglecting and abusing their thoroughbred race horses. Both the orcas and the thoroughbreds are extremely valuable assets to the companies that own them.

Last edited by Cloudy on Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:06 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Orcas. With a "c".

So, you think that orcas should be imprisoned, essentially serving a life sentence, just for your entertainment?

-- RWM

Post subject: ZOG, I'm glad to hear from you..
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:05 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

zog741 wrote:
Orcas. With a "c".

So, you think that orcas should be imprisoned, essentially serving a life sentence, just for your entertainment?

-- RWM

ZOG, I love you like a brother, it's great to hear from you again.

I'm thinking how to reply to your post. Should I be confrontational and argumentative, or should I be polite, and answer you in a way that you won't like, but shouldn't make you too mad at me.

Okay, I've made up my mind. I've decided to go with the latter.

I don't view SeaWorld's orcas as imprisoned. Look at it this way. SeaWorld provides orcas a sanctuary to protect them from the toxic oceans that evil corporations are polluting every day with more and more chemicals, which will kill them and all of their species.

What the Hell, make all the seafood restaurants in California return their live Lobsters to the sea. Lobsters tolerate polluted water pretty well, and they don't mind feasting on dead things that drop to the bottom. :lol:

p.s. Thanks for subtly correcting my misspelling of "orca". I went back and fixed all of them. Oddly, there were a few that I spelled correctly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:26 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

zog741 wrote:
Orcas. With a "c".

-- RWM

Have you or your family ever owned a pet?
If so, you may want to temper your righteous indignation just a smidge because I can promise you
that, no matter how well you treated those pets, they never had it as good as the orcas at SeaWorld.
Unless, of course, I'm wrong and you actually had free range pets that fended completely for themselves
and only came back home periodically of their own free will to let you bask in their glow.
I'm no pet owner, but even I could go for that...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next