New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chip the Bartender
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:57 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

cards wrote:
Where's Cloudy??????? :?

Prolly to find out an update on Chip and then report to us.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

Post subject: I'm here...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:06 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Tolle wrote:
That should get Cloudy over here!

I'm here...

Last edited by Cloudy on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: I'm thinking, I'm thinking...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:09 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Dante wrote:
Blood in the water.

Yeah, that might do it, but I've had a few other things on my plate, and believe it or not I've been thinking...

Last edited by Cloudy on Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: As usual...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:11 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Bigsky wrote:
Tolle wrote:
That should get Cloudy over here!

I do believe it'll get his attention! :D

As usual, you are right...

Post subject: Yep, that's what I'm thinking about...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:16 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

THE ICEMAN wrote:
Yep, this thread will be full before you know it. 8-)

Yep, that's what I'm thinking about. More to come after I try to reply to all of you great guys, who have posted here...

Post subject: Oh, if you only had read it on Buzztime...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:22 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

TOOTS wrote:
WhoTF is Chip anyway? I never did read that thread.

Oh, if you had only read it on Buzztime. It would have given you a lifetime supply of silly nonsense to keep your analyst awake all night worrying that there might not be any cure for you.

Post subject: There was more...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:56 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

THE ICEMAN wrote:
TOOTS wrote:
WhoTF is Chip anyway? I never did read that thread.

He was an actual bartender that Cloudy came across. Cloudy was impressed with the way Chip presented his customers with the opportunity to play BT as soon as they sat down at his bar. Chip has since disappeared.

The thread then morphed into what it is today.

There was more...

I actually had more info on Chip the Bartender, but the Buzztime Players forum didn't give me a chance to update you guys.

According to his girlfriend, who still lives in Syracuse and works at the Buffalo Wild Wings in Cicero. He actually lives in the Bronx and teaches special needs kids in Manhattan today. I'll do my best to try to get him to join us here.

If Chip was able to teach walk-ins to the bar how to log on and play NTN trivia, I can understand how he is able to teach special needs children how to read. If I may go back a few years, Chip was also able to explain what an Interocitor was and how to use it in the movie "This Island Earth".

p.s. TOOTS, this might give you a clue as to how zany the "Chip the Bartender" thread became on the Buzztime Players site.

Post subject: I did too. If I don't fall asleep tonight...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:02 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Nomar wrote:
I did enjoy the baseball trivia that was on that thread :D

I did too. If I don't fall asleep tonight, I will try to share with you my thoughts about where the new "Chip the Bartender" might be going, and things such as serious baseball trivia might be better spun off.

Post subject: Now that is classic old time "Chip the Bartender" stuff...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:10 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

THE ICEMAN wrote:
Overnight: Cloudy

Wednesday: Mostly Cloudy

Wednesday Night: Partly Cloudy

Thursday: Decreasing Cloudiness

Thursday Night: Partly Cloudy

Friday: Partly Cloudy

Friday Night: Partly Cloudy

Saturday: Partly Cloudy

Saturday Night: Mostly Cloudy

Sunday: Increasing Cloudiness

Sunday Night: Mostly Cloudy

Monday: Widely scattered Cloudy

Monday Night: Mostly Cloudy

Tuesday: Mostly Cloudy

Now that is classic old time "Chip the Bartender" stuff...

Nice post...!

p.s. Has anybody seen the movie "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" yet? It's a cartoon. It starts off slowly, but gets pretty good as it progresses. It really isn't all that bad. If you've got kids or grandkids, take them to see it. They will love it, and I think you might too...

Last edited by Cloudy on Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:14 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
Welcome back Cloudy, your friends have been waiting for you...

Post subject: Thanks, it's good to see you guys again...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:17 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

THE ICEMAN wrote:
Well Cloudy, I see you found your way over. Welcome.

Thanks, it's good to see you guys again...

p.s. Great graphic, as usual.

p.p.s If the new "ScaRatings" is like the old "ScaRatings", I might be able to post a picture or two myself.

Post subject: Five hours... Big deal...!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:36 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Dante wrote:
Cloudy wrote:

p.s. DANTE wanted to bring the entire thread over to the "ScaRatings", but if you look at the above numbers, this was an impossible task.

I estimated it would take about 5 hours of copying and pasting to get them over here. They wouldn't be in any kind of reply mode (all the messages would appear under the person who is doing the copying and pasting), but if it's important to you, I'll show you how to do it, then you can repeat the process 108+ times.

Five hours... Big deal...!

That's just a case and a half of beer and three packs of cigarettes. Darn it, I forgot that you now have a life. Yep, five hours is a lot of time for people, who have a life full of real responsibilities.

Thanks for giving it a try.

p.s. Speaking of cigarettes, I gave SCAR the half pack of Marlboros that you left in my car to return to you. If there aren't 11 still in there, SCAR must have run out of smokes before he got home tonight.

Post subject: What I have been thinking about...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:27 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

This is what I have been thinking about...

The "Buzztime Players" forums and threads were a zoo. They wandered all over the place and got so far off topic, that with a little help from my friends, we created the original "Threads that Unravel in All Directions" thread. It was an exercise in chaotic nonsense that ran to over 300 pages before NTN deleted it all without warning. (That was a bad surprise for a bunch of us.) However, we didn't give up, and started the "Chip the Bartender" thread that picked up where the "Threads that Unravel in All Directions" left off, and I believe it became the longest independent thread on the "Buzztime Players" website.

However, the "ScaRatings" website is much better structured than the "Buzztime Players" website was. I think the new "Chip the Bartender" thread that has begun here can still grow with zany silliness, but I think that more serious stuff such as baseball triivia, favorite movies, political issues, great computer games new and old, etc., probably ought to have their own individual threads.

Would like to hear your thoughts about this.

p.s. If someone doesn't think that "Chip the Bartender" was the longest independent thread on the "Buzztime Players" site, I think it only fair to add "Threads that Unravel in All Directions" to the total number of pages, posts, and views.

p.p.s. What do I mean by an "independent" thread...? It would be a thread that has little or nothing to do with NTN trivia.

p.p.p.s. TIM, if you are listening, and remember a reply I once gave you many years ago on the original "ScaRatings", I like to go to my sock drawer and find socks instead of underwear there. (I don't expect anyone to understand this. Perhaps TIM won't either.)

Post subject: Get ready LILJOL...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:03 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Get ready LILJOL...

FSHMAN and I have been rebuilding an old CH-46 helicopter in my back yard. It's just about ready for a test flight. If we don't crash, burn, and die, we're gonna fly her to California, abduct you, and fly you to the West Virginia trivia bash that's soon coming up.

p.s. If you have buddies, who want to come along, we can take about 19 or 20 of them.

p.p.s. Would it be too much to ask you guys to chip in for fuel...?

Post subject: Re: I did too. If I don't fall asleep tonight...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:40 am 

Cloudy wrote:
Nomar wrote:

I did too. If I don't fall asleep tonight, I will try to share with you my thoughts about where the new "Chip the Bartender" might be going, and things such as serious baseball trivia might be better spun off.

I thought of you, Cloudy, when my friend at work steered me toward this...

http://www.wgnradio.com/shows/nickd/wgn ... 50.mp3file

The aforementioned friend is a veritable Sherlock Holmes expert and visited with WGN Radio's Nick Digilio about the lasting legacy of Sherlock Holmes. I didn't make it all the way through the original "Chip, the Bartender" thread, but I read enough about your prolific movie collection to glean that you were a fan. (and your old avatar may have given me a clue... ;) ) The segment is about 45 minutes long, but if you've nothing better to do, it's pretty entertaining and informative.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:28 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

THE ICEMAN wrote:

How did you get that picture of me and my staff? Are you with MIB?

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:51 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
FrankC wrote:
THE ICEMAN wrote:

How did you get that picture of me and my staff? Are you with MIB?

We are omnipresent.

Post subject: Re: I did too. If I don't fall asleep tonight...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:13 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

fisk wrote:
Cloudy wrote:
Nomar wrote:

I thought of you, Cloudy, when my friend at work steered me toward this...

http://www.wgnradio.com/shows/nickd/wgn ... 50.mp3file

The aforementioned friend is a veritable Sherlock Holmes expert and visited with WGN Radio's Nick Digilio about the lasting legacy of Sherlock Holmes. I didn't make it all the way through the original "Chip, the Bartender" thread, but I read enough about your prolific movie collection to glean that you were a fan. (and your old avatar may have given me a clue... ;) ) The segment is about 45 minutes long, but if you've nothing better to do, it's pretty entertaining and informative.

Looks like we need to start three new threads on the "ScaRatings" website. They would be baseball trivia, movies, and Sherlock Holmes. I think it best to keep "Chip the Bartender" to silliness such as abducting LILJOL and flying him to the West Virginia trivia bash.

Okay, you guessed it. I have nothing better to do, so I'll give the link you gave us a shot. (Might have a problem with my dial-up connection.)

p.s. My buddy, Ralph Hall (NTN handle WATSON) is a real member of the prestigous "Baker Street Irregulars".

p.p.s. Sherlock Holmes stars or appears in more movies than any other fictional character in all the movies ever made.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:30 am 
Banned

Big wet kiss for y'all. Say, could you run over again the parameters, vis a vis what's acceptable and what's unacceptable for these here forums?

For starters, I see that masturbatory fantasies about doing violence to other forum members is a-ok, I'm so glad to see that's allowed. (That, or, maybe the moderator policy is set at +11 days per review.)

Looking forward to clarification on cussing, and I hope you forward that to me soon, so I can pass along any 'here's-where-you-can-shove-your-little-gun' suggestions along to a certain piece of...

doody? I'll start there, never can be too careful, can ya, hahahaha!!

Post subject: You're off to a good start, but look out for TIM...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:53 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

mr_ale wrote:
Big wet kiss for y'all. Say, could you run over again the parameters, vis a vis what's acceptable and what's unacceptable for these here forums?

For starters, I see that masturbatory fantasies about doing violence to other forum members is a-ok, I'm so glad to see that's allowed. (That, or, maybe the moderator policy is set at +11 days per review.)

Looking forward to clarification on cussing, and I hope you forward that to me soon, so I can pass along any 'here's-where-you-can-shove-your-little-gun' suggestions along to a certain piece of...

You're off to a good start, but look out for TIM... SCAR has appointed TIM to be in charge of banning people for posts he finds to be unacceptable.

Anyway, it's good to see you again. Welcome on board...

Post subject: Re: You're off to a good start, but look out for TIM...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:30 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
mr_ale wrote:

You're off to a good start, but look out for TIM... SCAR has appointed TIM to be in charge of banning people for posts he finds to be unacceptable.

Ditto. This forum needs Mr_Ail. He livens things up.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

Post subject: Re: You're off to a good start, but look out for TIM...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:41 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

FrankC wrote:
Cloudy wrote:
mr_ale wrote:

Ditto. This forum needs Mr_Ale. He livens things up.

Indeed. Now he needs to get his ole avatar up and it's like the ole "Chip" fourm. BTW Cloudy where's yours?

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:04 am 
Moderating Hobbit

mr_ale wrote:

1) We don't have time to sit and read the forums all day. If you see some masturbatory fantasy about doing violence, feel free to flag it, and we'll see it. +11 days sounds about right on random messages.
2) I don't think anyone gives a shit about cussing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:15 pm 
Banned

Dante wrote:

1) We don't have time to sit and read the forums all day. If you see some masturbatory fantasy about doing violence, feel free to flag it, and we'll see it. +11 days sounds about right on random messages.
2) I don't think anyone gives a shit about cussing.

Um, nobody asked you to do anything. I observed that that sort of thing is apparently allowed, that's all. Don't worry about where it is, I know where to find it the minute someone has a hissy fit over me being too ungentle when I point out they're full of shit.

It is sorta too bad you guys didn't put in post numbers for easy identification, but not that big a deal.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:51 pm 
Centenarian

mr_ale wrote:
Big wet kiss for y'all.

Glad you finally fucking made your way over here.

Noticed that you all are still kicking ass out there on the left coast.

See you on the boards tonight.

-wonk
(poised to throw a hissy fit)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next