New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chip the Bartender
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:05 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

mr_ale wrote:
Dante wrote:

1) We don't have time to sit and read the forums all day. If you see some masturbatory fantasy about doing violence, feel free to flag it, and we'll see it. +11 days sounds about right on random messages.
2) I don't think anyone gives a shit about cussing.

Um, nobody asked you to do anything. I observed that that sort of thing is apparently allowed, that's all. Don't worry about where it is, I know where to find it the minute someone has a hissy fit over me being too ungentle when I point out they're full of shit.

It is sorta too bad you guys didn't put in post numbers for easy identification, but not that big a deal.

Let me clearer:

That sort of thing isn't allowed, but we don't have time to read the forums constantly to look for it. If it strikes you enough to mention it, feel free to flag it. If you respond in the same way, I'll ban you the same way I'll ban anyone else who does it directed at another forum member. If you go back and try to use it as justification, once you've brought it to my attention, I'll ban you and the person who did it originally.

Feel free to go back and read the main rule: "Don't be a jerk."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:05 pm 
Route

Was worried for you Cloudy, it is good to see you up and about.

I have been trainning, did a mile on sat outside, then sit-ups and dumbells.

I have been too sore to do much else until today.

I fear our mistakes far more than the strategy of our enemies.
-Thucydides (471-400 B.C.)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:09 pm 
Banned

Dante wrote:

Let me clearer:

That sort of thing isn't allowed, but we don't have time to read the forums constantly to look for it. If it strikes you enough to mention it, feel free to flag it. If you respond in the same way, I'll ban you the same way I'll ban anyone else who does it directed at another forum member. If you go back and try to use it as justification, once you've brought it to my attention, I'll ban you and the person who did it originally.

Who said I was considering responding in the same way? I love your multiple hypothetical-mr-ale-behaviors and the way you use them to threaten banning me not once but twice.

Frankly, I don't think I'm long for this forum, and won't much care when I step across whatever invisible line you seem to be itching to lay across my path. Is it a banning offense to opine that I don't think much of the moderator? How about if I suggest he try following his own rule?

Oh, and you seem to be implying there, that if I go ahead now and point out that other person's post, he's as good as banned. Considering the person in question, it would tickle me no end if that happened. But it's not my job, and I'm not half the asshole he is, so you're on your own, there.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:16 pm 
Banned

wonk wrote:
mr_ale wrote:
Big wet kiss for y'all.

Glad you finally fucking made your way over here.

Noticed that you all are still kicking ass out there on the left coast.

See you on the boards tonight.

-wonk
(poised to throw a hissy fit)

Glad to fucking be here (for as long as I last), thanks. The people I play with are doing well, and they let me tag along :). No boards tonight, though...basically, we choose our two favorite topix games every month to come out for on Thursdays, though some may still show up at Danny K's on the 'off' weeks.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:29 pm 
Route

I have to say I am glad you are posting here, mr. ale. I have enjoyed your viewpoints, which I usually agree with, but do not post with as much supporting evidence.

I would also like to say I found the remarks concerning yourself distastful. But I do have a thick skin when it come to others.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:41 pm 
Banned

Slaine wrote:
I have to say I am glad you are posting here, mr. ale. I have enjoyed your viewpoints, which I usually agree with, but do not post with as much supporting evidence.

I would also like to say I found the remarks concerning yourself distastful. But I do have a thick skin when it come to others.

Thanks, I enjoy your opinions as well, and also admire your friendly method of delivering them.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:19 am 
Moderating Hobbit

mr_ale wrote:
Who said I was considering responding in the same way? I love your multiple hypothetical-mr-ale-behaviors and the way you use them to threaten banning me not once but twice.

Frankly, I don't think I'm long for this forum, and won't much care when I step across whatever invisible line you seem to be itching to lay across my path. Is it a banning offense to opine that I don't think much of the moderator? How about if I suggest he try following his own rule?

Nope. You're free to feel however you wish. It doesn't personally concern me whether your opinion of me is high or not. I respect your views and think you're an intelligent person; whether you like me or not doesn't change that. As I've said repeatedly, I do not respect the way in which you deliver them, which is often, provoked or not, abusive. As long as you don't cross into how you acted at Buzztime, you're free to post whatever you wish.

The line isn't invisible -- if you start being abusive towards other forum members, you're gone, just as anyone else is.

Quote:
Oh, and you seem to be implying there, that if I go ahead now and point out that other person's post, he's as good as banned. Considering the person in question, it would tickle me no end if that happened. But it's not my job, and I'm not half the asshole he is, so you're on your own, there.

No implications at all. Simple statement of fact. Neither Scar nor I have the time to deal with people trying to make it like Buzztime -- if it starts happening regularly, we'll just close it down.

And you're right, it's not your job. I'm telling you it's not anyone's job, here, so unless you want to flag the posts, there's no point complaining about them.

I'm not itching to ban you. I'm the one who approved your account to be on here, and did so without the hesitation I had on approving a few other people.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:38 am 
Moderating Hobbit

Slaine wrote:
Was worried for you Cloudy, it is good to see you up and about.

I have been trainning, did a mile on sat outside, then sit-ups and dumbells.

I have been too sore to do much else until today.

When are you next coming back down to Louisville?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:30 am 
Lord of Scaratings

mr_ale wrote:
Dante wrote:

Let me clearer:

Let me be absolutely clear.

I received multiple requests to revive my bulletin board forum upon the news of the demise of Buzztime's.

Based upon my previous experience where I had no problems whatsoever, I enlisted Dante and Tim to help my bring the board up to current functionality, as a service to the Buzztime community. Previously, folks were polite and the board was self policing and I had no worries.

There are no moderators; I previously was joking when I said Tim had the banhammer. I found it amusing to state that. As Dante said, we neither have the time nor the inclination for that, nor will I recruit volunteers to serve in that function.

This is a volunteer site; we make no money and want none.

If we have to make efforts to police the site, or warn people, or ban people, it will no longer be worth having this forum.

In the past, there were quite a few compliments on the congeniality and atmosphere on our forum. I commented that a BBS quality was merely the result of the quality of the membership.

That will be the case with the new scaratings as well.

I've already spent more time on these kind of noproductive issues than I want. I hope our members would like the board to continue and use it thoughtfully, including whatever post you are referring to that I don't have the time to search out and read and evaluate.

Scar / Scott

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:57 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Let me also say that personally I hope this site can stay up.

I enjoy reading others comments, and adding new friends that I just haven't met yet.

I like having a place where we can post about such things as the passing of Big Al, where others can be informed, and we can learn a little about a former fellow player.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:41 pm 
Golden Tee Master

The almighty Scar has spoken. :shock:
All should tremble at his feet.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:59 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

cards wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:04 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Dante wrote:
cards wrote:

So am I Gandalf or the Balrog ? Goodgulf or the Balhog ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:53 pm 
Route

LOL
SCAR referencedBored of the Rings
classic

I have exceeded my travel allowence, I could drop in for a day sometime, but would prefer some quality time. I have not been playing much. Been 4 months that I played in Indy. I may receive disability in the near future which could result in nonimployablity (is that a word) and or seperation from the military.
oh well

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:56 am 
Route

How did Louisville handle the snow this week? We did not even get a trace north of I 64.
Any one watch the grammies? All I saw was the same 3 girls winning. But then I prefer the RFD channel. Oh, there was that country group of guys that get lots of air time in BWW, congrats to them.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:35 am 
Route

What's up with China? Do they really think all their posturing will stop us from selling weapons to anyone we please. It's not like they do anything for us toward N korea. Soon E.U. will stand up to them as well.

Last edited by Slaine on Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:59 am 
Moderating Hobbit

Slaine wrote:
How did Louisville handle the snow this week? We did not even get a trace north of I 64.

We didn't get much, except in the Southwest part of Louisville. In my end of town (which got essentially shut down last Monday/Tuesday from about 1/4 inch of snow), we got about 2 or 3 inches which melted pretty quickly on the roads.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:29 pm 
Golden Tee Master

scar wrote:
Dante wrote:
cards wrote:

I'm thinking you're the big guy with the whip. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:00 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

hi Cloudy,

this thread could use some direction.

Your loyal subjects await the topics of your choice to get the ball rolling.

I rented Gran Torino last night. I can see why Clint decided to film the script. the main character is right up his alley and the film itself is really a Western wearing inner city drag

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:08 pm 
Octogenarian

I thought Gran Torino was a very good movie, it would seem he is making good movies these days.
Sorry i'm off topic but this is the chip the bartender topic and as far as i know anything goes :lol:

btw Steve i am boycotting the Coast Westerly since they dropped Buzztime - looks to me that they arent renting any of the commercial space on the ground floor of that huge addition that really screwed up the parking lot

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:10 am 
Moderating Hobbit

defined1 wrote:
I thought Gran Torino was a very good movie, it would seem he is making good movies these days.
Sorry i'm off topic but this is the chip the bartender topic and as far as i know anything goes :lol:

Moved Gran Torino to the top of my NetFlix queue since you guys both said it's good. Here's hoping!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:33 am 
Golden Tee Master

Dante wrote:
defined1 wrote:

Moved Gran Torino to the top of my NetFlix queue since you guys both said it's good. Here's hoping!

Very good movie, you will like it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:14 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
cards wrote:
scar wrote:
Dante wrote:

I'm thinking you're the big guy with the whip. :lol:

Ooooooooooo! Kinky! :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:00 am 
Moderating Hobbit

THE ICEMAN wrote:

What the hell is the guy in the bicycle link doing? He didn't even try to pull his front wheel up.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:21 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
Dante wrote:
THE ICEMAN wrote:

What the hell is the guy in the bicycle link doing? He didn't even try to pull his front wheel up.

I believe he was trying to disprove tiefly's theory of gravitational pull.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 24  Next