New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sus
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:44 pm 
Golden Tee Master

I lived in Knoxville from 2002 to 2005 and played with several great friends at the Mellow
Mushroom in Farragut Tennessee. Sadly, one of those regulars past away Friday August 26th after a short illness. Susan Madden was only 59. She played under Sus and her husband played under Irish. They were regulars just about every Tuesday and Friday nights. Susan was one of nicest persons you would ever meet. Always smiling and always happy to see me and others that came in after we had moved away. I spent several nights playing with Sus and Irish when I lived in Knoxville and it was the thing I missed the most when I moved. Sus wasn't the best trivia player, but she made the Mellow Mushroom a fun place to play and I will miss her greatly. To me, Mellow Mushroom will never be the same without her. I posted the obit from the Knoxville paper below.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/knoxne ... =153390610

Post subject: Re: Sus
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:03 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

cards wrote:
I lived in Knoxville from 2002 to 2005 and played with several great friends at the Mellow
Mushroom in Farragut Tennessee. Sadly, one of those regulars past away Friday August 26th after a short illness. Susan Madden was only 59. She played under Sus and her husband played under Irish. They were regulars just about every Tuesday and Friday nights. Susan was one of nicest persons you would ever meet. Always smiling and always happy to see me and others that came in after we had moved away. I spent several nights playing with Sus and Irish when I lived in Knoxville and it was the thing I missed the most when I moved. Sus wasn't the best trivia player, but she made the Mellow Mushroom a fun place to play and I will miss her greatly. To me, Mellow Mushroom will never be the same without her. I posted the obit from the Knoxville paper below.

's really sad. Best wishes to her family.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:27 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

She sounds like a peach. Sorry for your loss.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:19 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

RIP Sus

cards wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:46 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Sorry to hear of your loss, and sincere condolences to Irish.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:38 am 
Centenarian

ANON wrote:
Sorry to hear of your loss, and sincere condolences to Irish.

AMEN!!!
Prayers for family and friend alike.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:46 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

I don't know how I missed this.

Sorry, Cards.