New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: LITL E, SRVSJR, JNKMAN - Steve Jones, TGIF Louisville KY
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:18 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Originally posted on Buzztime forums December 30th, 2009.

My friend, Steve Jones, who many of you know as LITL E, and more recently JNKMAN, passed away today.

Some of you met Steve at TGIF in Louisville; some of you met him at Huber Heights this year accompanied by his pal Cloudy. The Indy folks met him a few years back when he was up there on business for a spell.

I'll really miss Steve.

I'll try to share some stories later.

But for you in the trivia community, a couple of thoughts.

Steve loved playing trivia. He enjoyed being part of a group, simply accepted for what he was. To walk in, and pull up a chair, and fire up a playmaker; he looked forward to that. He BELONGED to something, and I know the friendships were very meaningful to him, and were an important part of his life.

To those of you folks at Fridays who befriended him, who accepted him without regards to his quirks and human frailties, as we've all accepted one another, know that you brought happiness, and a needed feeling of camaraderie, into his life.

Rest in peace my friend.

Post subject: Re: LITL E, SRVSJR, JNKMAN - Steve Jones, TGIF Louisville KY
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:49 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Steve used to like to make up handles with various ambiguous meanings. He could become irritated if we couldn't figure them out. I remember his getting upset when FSHMAN asked, "OK, Who's Hippy Thighs ? LITL E responded "That's Happy Thanksgiving", for HPYTHG.

One day I walked in and saw SRVSJR and said "Who's servicing Junior ? " He responded "That's Senior versus Junior" with sort of an annoyed tone. But several folks had heard, and Servicing Junior it became, much to the chagrin of this Dale Earnhardt and son fan.

I was just looking at TGIF Louisville's site detail page and noted SRVSJR. I clicked, and had a nice chuckle. When Steve created his forum handle, he tried to correct my interpretation, see in bold below. Just like Steve.

SRVSJR
TGI Fridays
Louisville, KY
Players Plus Points 1,145,000
Forum Avatar
SrVsJr
Pre-Junior Member

Last Play Date
December 21st, 2009

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:53 pm 
Centenarian

I had started to make this avatar for LITL E several years ago for this forum. I going to refine it a bit before I sent it to him, then Buzztime opened up their forum and I never got around to finishing it.

Here it is in it's rough form

Rest in peace Steve.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:29 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Bigsky wrote:
I had started to make this avatar for LITL E several years ago for this forum. I going to refine it a bit before I sent it to him, then Buzztime opened up their forum and I never got around to finishing it.

Rest in peace Steve.

I had forgotten about that Gary. He used that on Scaratings. Thanks for sharing that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:04 pm 
Lightning II

scar wrote:
Bigsky wrote:

Rest in peace Steve.

I had forgotten about that Gary. He used that on Scaratings. Thanks for sharing that.

I thought that it looked familiar.

Putting the F U in fun since 1999!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:52 pm 
Centenarian

Gees, I guess I did send it to him! I always meant to clean it up, though, and never did get it done.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:47 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Steve lived with me for a year and a half. He was a loyal friend, and was always there when I needed him. He loved to help others. Steve never put others down, or talked badly about them behind their backs. He was truly a good person. Everybody he knew was his friend.

I wish I knew more, and could have done more about what was going on with him. I should have. If I had, Steve might be still be alive today. This will haunt me for the rest of my life.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:25 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

It'll be a year this Thursday. Can't believe it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:50 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Steve was cool as hell... he was way too young to leave us.

Post subject: Helene wants to post her thoughts about LITL E...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:20 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Helene wants to post her thoughts about LITL E. She tried to register, but the mysterious, twisted numbers, and poorly defined letters made it a 20 minute exercise in frustration. So Helene, against her pride, will post under Cloudy tonight...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Cloudy introduced me to Steve. Steve visited at my home. My friends loved him. He had a wonderful sense of humor, he was a great cook on the grill. He became part of my family. Cloudy and Steve and I had wonderful times together. He will always live in my memory. The time we had was much too short. When you lose someone you love you hope that they are in a better place. I hope that eventually we will share that better place. In the meantime , everytime I answer the phone I will hope to hear "Hello Gorgeous".

Last edited by Cloudy on Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: A Year Without Steve...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:36 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

On December 30th it will be a year without Steve. As the years go by Steve will still live in my mind, my memories, and my heart. Though he will never again pull up a chair at the bar, and yell out answers to trivia questions, I will still hear his voice guaranteeing answers that were as often wrong as right. (Hell, probably many more right than wrong, but we tend to remember the wrong ones more than the ones that were right.) However, most of us didn't give a damn, 'cause we knew Steve thought he was right, and was trying to help the team, as often he did.

Steve was one of those people, whom I would call "A TRULY GOOD PERSON". No, not a perfect person, but one who was truly good. He cared about other people more than himself.

Steve lived with me for a year and a half. Over that short time he helped me with many things I couldn't do by myself at the house. He was always there to help me, when I needed him. He was a hard worker, and a smart one at that. Steve loved to work, especially when it came to helping other people, whom he knew needed him.

However, after all of the nice things I've said about Steve, if the day should ever come that I go to Heaven, and run into LITL E at some fancy NTN bar up there, and he yells out one more guaranteed WRONG answer, I'm gonna seriously think about asking Saint Peter, if it's too late for me to choose going to Hell... (Just joking...)

Steve Jones, if you are listening, you should know that all of your old friends miss you, and love you for the wonderful person you brought into our lives.

Last edited by Cloudy on Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: A Year Without Steve...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:43 am 
Lotsa Posta

Cloudy wrote:
On December 30th it will be a year without Steve. As the years go by Steve will still live in my mind, my memories, and my heart. Though he will never again pull up a chair at the bar, and yell out answers to trivia questions, I will still hear his voice guaranteeing answers that were as often wrong as right. (Hell, probably many more right than wrong, but we tend to remember the wrong ones more the ones that were right.) However, most of us didn't give a damn, 'cause we knew Steve thought he was right, and was trying to help the team, as often he did.

Steve was one of those people, whom I would call "A TRULY GOOD PERSON". No, not a perfect person, but one who was truly good. He cared about other people more than himself.

Steve lived with me for a year and a half. Over that short time he helped me with many things I couldn't do by myself at the house. He was always there to help me, when I needed him. He was a hard worker, and a smart one at that. Steve loved to work, especially when it came to helping other people, whom he knew needed him.

However, after all of the nice things I've said about Steve, if the day should ever come that I go to Heaven, and run into LITL E at some fancy NTN bar up there, and he yells out one more guaranteed WRONG answer, I'm gonna seriously think about asking Saint Peter, if it's too late for me to choose going to Hell... (Just joking...)

Steve Jones, if you are listening, you should know that all of your old friends miss you, and love you for the wonderful person you brought into our lives.

Amen