New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Cloudy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 3:59 pm 
Lotsa Posta

It is with deep sadness that I report the passing of Keith "CLOUDY" Macleod. Quite probably the most prolific trivia ever, he was also nicest guy you would ever meet. He would always be willing to buy you a beer for a correct answer, and was always there for you if you ever needed something. I first met him, and subsequently the Louisville team, about 12 years ago, and we bonded a great friendship.

Cloudy suffered a stroke in early January. During the treatment, they discovered a hole in his aorta. He was flown from Syracuse to New York City for treatment, but passed away this morning 2/15/2016, prior to being able to have the surgery.

Raise a glass to Cloudy, and play a game in his honor.

Last Call, Cloudy. We will miss you.

Post subject: Re: Cloudy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:28 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I'm so sorry to hear this. Sincerest condolences to his families, both blood and trivia.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:19 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Sad news indeed.

I will miss his big lies thread, and great humor.

I met him a couple times at Elsa's in Dayton. We lost a righteous dude in Cloudy.

Save me a seat at the eternal trivia gathering

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:35 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Very sad indeed. And my Uncle just passed yesterday after a lengthy illness.

2016 is off to a rocky start :(

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:38 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Plans right now are to gave a tribute gathering for him on Saturday 20th at BW3's Middletown. I know it is short notice for out of towners but if you can't be here, go to your favorite trivia bar and have a drink/play a game in his honor.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:19 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
I am truly sorry to hear of this. I was not able to meet him in person but did talk to him on the phone a couple times. He was great to talk to but had a knack for frustrating the hell out of me & others here on the forum, I guess that's why I enjoyed messing with him. I'll miss the big guy.
Vaya con Dios, Keith...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:01 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I also never had the pleasure of meeting Cloudy, but had many a conversation with him through PMs. He always brought this board alive with his antics. He will be missed. RIP Cloudy :(

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:17 am 
Lotsa Posta

Sad news. Another player I wish I'd have met. I'll raise a glass Saturday after work.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:19 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I am very saddened by this news. I also had never met him and wish I had. My condolences to his family and friends.

:(

-- RWM

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:28 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Cloudy was my good friend, and I will miss him forever.

Man, we had some serious fun. The world is now a lesser place for me without looking forward to another Countdown with Cloudy.

He was a great teammate, generous to a fault with friends and strangers alike, and a great ambassador for NTN and then Buzztime Trivia.

He was full of a zest for life, while at the same time being the kind of guy who was the first to organize our group when someone had passed away.

I have a thousand stories, and I may share some later.

Keith, I hope you are resting peacefully, and you will not be forgotten.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:17 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Truly awful news. Condolences to his friends and family. Only knew him from here and the boards.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:28 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

Keith was hands down one of the nicest men you could ever meet in your life. I first met him when I was at the ripe old age of 16, and he remained one of my favorite people I'd ever met playing trivia. He would help anyone who ever needed, even people who were clearly just trying to take advantage of him, and went out of his way to try to foster a sense of community and friendship, even with the people who disliked him most. He had a soft spot for anyone who was remotely socially excluded, and always had something nice to say to most everyone -- and usually the thing they really secretly wanted or needed to hear. He singlehandedly "coached" our Fridays team, and, without him, it likely never would have existed, and I never would have met so many of the wonderful people I did playing trivia. In bringing me into the team and introducing me to so many people, he quite literally helped change my life. I wish I had said that to him.

I doubt there's a single person on Earth who met him who doesn't remember him. I hope he's sitting with a trivia box and a beer up there in the skybar, yelling "Numbers, not the answers!"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:48 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Dante wrote:
Keith was hands down one of the nicest men you could ever meet in your life. I first met him when I was at the ripe old age of 16, and he remained one of my favorite people I'd ever met playing trivia. He would help anyone who ever needed, even people who were clearly just trying to take advantage of him, and went out of his way to try to foster a sense of community and friendship, even with the people who disliked him most. He had a soft spot for anyone who was remotely socially excluded, and always had something nice to say to most everyone -- and usually the thing they really secretly wanted or needed to hear. He singlehandedly "coached" our Fridays team, and, without him, it likely never would have existed, and I never would have met so many of the wonderful people I did playing trivia. In bringing me into the team and introducing me to so many people, he quite literally helped change my life. I wish I had said that to him.

I doubt there's a single person on Earth who met him who doesn't remember him. I hope he's sitting with a trivia box and a beer up there in the skybar, yelling "Numbers, not the answers!"

Dante a while back I lost all the phone numbers on my cell phone and now have no way to contact the TGIF crowd. Would you be able to call a few people and have them speead the word arouns of our tribute to Cloudy? 5pm BW3 Middletown. There is a 6:30 UL game that day so I will try to hold tables if I know people are coming. If you can pass them my phone number I will get a head count

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:58 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Scar & Bigdog will try to make it. Boston said he wouldn't miss it.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:44 pm 
Centenarian

Very saddened to hear about the passing of CLOUDY. He was, as others have already said, the nicest man and a fun addition to all the trivia gatherings. I've had the pleasure of meeting and playing Buzztime with mr. CLOUDY and I'm very sad that he has left us. He's in good company up there....I will raise a glass to him. Cheers friend, you will be missed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:57 pm 
Golden Tee Master

Wow, where to start. First sympathy to his family. Cloudy will not be here to see his son get married. Something I am sure he was looking forward to be a part of this spring. Second I am in full agreement with Dante. Cloudy was a friend to everyone, even those that took advantage of him. I last played trivia with Keith about a year ago. Buzztime brought out the best in Keith, but he was not the same as years past. I first noticed this when we had lunch together two years ago at Mellow Mushroom in Middletown. Keith was a live life today kind of guy. He always told me he never wanted to end up in a nursing home. I did not always agree with Keith, but I agreed with his view on life. Live life to the fullest and don't worry about tomorrow. He had a big impact on several trivia players. But, he never showed any pain or loss to anyone from his life. It was all about making sure everyone had a good time. From buying people drinks to giving servers bottles of champagne at Christmas. Keith wanted everyone in his life to have a good time. I have to admit I have not met many as selfless as Keith. RIP, the trivia world lost an icon yesterday. I am afraid we might lose a few more before the year is done. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:37 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Wow, surprising and sad news. Condolences to all who knew him. He and I had several rounds of pms over the years. Truly one of the nice old school guys. He often pm'ed me about how things being discussed were handled back in the old days. I did enjoy his comments and stories and though set in his older ways, he was an asset to all that had the pleasure of receiving one of his birthday cakes. :D

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:14 pm 
Centenarian

RIP Cloudy:
I was informed of our community's loss earlier via a telephone call, and although I will not be able to make it to Louisville in your memory, I will punch a few buttons and have a couple of beers in Northeast Ohio Saturday. Sir, you are missed.
I will play as my Russian alter ego named PHUKOV. That's what I say to having death taking people who went too early.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:04 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I'm one of the many who never met him, but have now lost a friend.

RIP Cloudy. You will be missed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 1:35 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I will miss his posts of his trips to Colgate and his story surrounding Chip the Bartender....

RIP CLOUDY

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:14 pm 
Quarter Pounder

Always have enjoyed occasionally sneaking in and catching up on the goings on. Not today. Very sorry to learn of this. RIP Cloudy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:57 am 
Centenarian

I was just made aware of Cloudy's passing, and am devastated. Keith befriended me when I was a newbie to this forum and to Buzztime. Early in our acquaintance Cloudy had posted something here on Scaratings about a free meal. Kiddingly I replied "Can I get in on this too?" Lo and behold on my next outing to play trivia I was informed by the staff that "Someone named Cloudy in Louisville" had called them and arranged to pay for my usual meal of a burger and fries.

Several years ago my wife and I had the opportunity to join Cloudy, Scar, Dante, and others at TGI Fridays in Louisville for what was probably the best trivia experience we've ever had. After being introduced all around Cloudy asked me how many drinks I was planning on having. Thinking he was worried about me getting a DUI, I replied that we were staying at a motel very close and wasn't driving so we would probably have several. When the bartender brought our drinks he also put a pile of straws on the bar. Asking what they were for he told me that each one represented a drink that Cloudy had prepaid.

When I was belittled by one of the posters here, Keith was always the first to PM me with words of encouragement. When he himself was disparaged by the same poster he never lashed out, but was gracious and polite beyond belief.

Godspeed Cloudy, thank you for your friendship, I will never forget you.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:48 pm 
Golden Tee Master

Bigsky wrote:

When I was belittled by one of the posters here, Keith was always the first to PM me with words of encouragement. When he himself was disparaged by the same poster he never lashed out, but was gracious and polite beyond belief.

Seriously?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:51 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Having tried to help Keith on these forums with his continuing quest for knowledge over the years, it
pleases me to think that he may finally have all the answers that he was looking for...

“The sky and the sun are always there. It's the clouds that come and go.”
― Rachel Joyce

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:59 am 
Centenarian

Very sad to find out about this just now. I never met Cloudy and only pmed him a few times but he sent me a birthday greeting and I had never said a word to him. I always thought that was one of the nicest things. Condolences to his friends and family.