New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: PNKPIG--Bill Daly
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:36 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Dante wrote:
I apologize for the delay in getting xtrain's picture up. I've created a photobucket account for scaratings in case someone else needs hosting in the future. xtrain said he is third from the right:

Nice group picture, xtrain

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:24 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Thanks, Mitchwolf, for posting this, and tolerating my computer ineptitude. Just to make sure everybody understands, Bill Daly is the third man standing, from the right--not counting the young lady in white. This was our team the week after we won the McCarthy Cup at A&M Roadhouse in 2005. Sadly, only two of those in the pic are still with our Showdown team. As far as I know, only one person in the pic besides my wife and I is still playing Showdown.
XT

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:22 pm 
Robert Wagner

Hi everyone,

I want to thank you all, from the bottom of my heart, for all your kind words about my father. It is very consoling...

I have played, on occasion, with my dad. But really I was just a button pusher with a random correct answer. I hope it was obvious how much he enjoyed playing trivia with all of you.

I think that some of you may have seen his obituary but did you see the guest book? I would love it if you might share a few memories with us. http://www.legacy.com/guestbook/bostonglobe/guestbook.aspx?n=william-daly&pid=144675415&cid=full

Maybe I'll see you on the boards one day. I am aquas, and my rank is entirely my dad's doing ;)

Best wishes,
Lauren

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:33 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I only learned about this tonight, because I'd been preoccupied with COOGS's (now much improved) situation. I'm sad because Bill was great to me when I played with him at the inspiration for the PNKPIG handle (A & M Roadhouse) a few years ago, and I really hoped to go back to the NYC area sometime to do it again at Mad River (or wherever the NYC folk gather).

Fair crossing, Bill. I will get and light a candle to join my candle garden honoring you (which I light most Mondays in remembrance of those who have gone before us).

Brooke/AARDVK

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:11 pm 
Special

I never knew PNKPIG, but I certainly knew of him. My teammates began traveling to play triv with him a year or so ago, when he played Uno's in Dedham, and they had been trying to get me to make the trek for some time, specifically to meet him. I'm very sorry I missed that opportunity.

I first "met" Bill here at Scar's site, in the old days before Buzztime created their own now deceased forum. Back then, I was traveling two or three times per year from New England to Florida, and he tried to get me to swing by and play triv with him on my trip. Again, a missed opportunity! I will always remember how warmly he offered his hospitality.

It's been so long since I'd participated here that my account no longer existed! But I knew I had to come back and pay tribute when I heard, belatedly, of his passing.

PNKPIG will be missed by many, including some of who never met him in person.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:53 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Quahog wrote:
I never knew PNKPIG, but I certainly knew of him. My teammates began traveling to play triv with him a year or so ago, when he played Uno's in Dedham, and they had been trying to get me to make the trek for some time, specifically to meet him. I'm very sorry I missed that opportunity.

I first "met" Bill here at Scar's site, in the old days before Buzztime created their own now deceased forum. Back then, I was traveling two or three times per year from New England to Florida, and he tried to get me to swing by and play triv with him on my trip. Again, a missed opportunity! I will always remember how warmly he offered his hospitality.

It's been so long since I'd participated here that my account no longer existed! But I knew I had to come back and pay tribute when I heard, belatedly, of his passing.

PNKPIG will be missed by many, including some of who never met him in person.

Quahog it is good to hear from you again, though sad because of the nature of it.