New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: George's burial
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:25 am 
Lord of Scaratings

Cloudy wrote:
George's wife, Cindy, called me today. He will buried next Monday, May 2nd, at 11:00 am. The burial will be at the Kentucky Veterans Cemetery Central in Radcliff, KY.

To get there from Louisville, I guess you just take Dixie Highway and head south towards Fort Knox. The best address I can come up with is 2501 North Dixie Blvd. I believe it will be on the right somewhere very close to Fort Knox. Cindy, says when you get there, just drive all the way back in to the top of the hill. I am unsure as to what kind of ceremony there might be. Not sure how much time it will take to drive down there from Louisville, but to be on the safe side, I'd give myself 45 minutes to an hour.

I understand that the time and day of the week will make it very difficult for most of you to be there, but if you plan to go, please let me know. Thanks.

p.s. I believe the phone number for the Kentucky Veteran's Cemetery Central is (270) 351-5115.

(Belated edit: FSHMAN and I will be driving down there on Monday. We can fit two more in the car, if you want to ride with us.)

Just saw this. Sorry I missed it.

Post subject: I should have called you...
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:46 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

scar wrote:
Cloudy wrote:
George's wife, Cindy, called me today. He will buried next Monday, May 2nd, at 11:00 am. The burial will be at the Kentucky Veterans Cemetery Central in Radcliff, KY.

To get there from Louisville, I guess you just take Dixie Highway and head south towards Fort Knox. The best address I can come up with is 2501 North Dixie Blvd. I believe it will be on the right somewhere very close to Fort Knox. Cindy, says when you get there, just drive all the way back in to the top of the hill. I am unsure as to what kind of ceremony there might be. Not sure how much time it will take to drive down there from Louisville, but to be on the safe side, I'd give myself 45 minutes to an hour.

I understand that the time and day of the week will make it very difficult for most of you to be there, but if you plan to go, please let me know. Thanks.

p.s. I believe the phone number for the Kentucky Veteran's Cemetery Central is (270) 351-5115.

(Belated edit: FSHMAN and I will be driving down there on Monday. We can fit two more in the car, if you want to ride with us.)

Just saw this. Sorry I missed it.

SCAR, I should have called you, but I thought a Monday funeral at 11:00 am, an hour drive from Louisville, would have made it nearly impossible for you to attend. I guessed your business responsibilites would have made it extremely difficult for you. I'm sorry that I didn't call you. I should have considered what a kind and respectful person you are, when it comes to your friends.