New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Log me on automatically...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:20 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I keep clicking on the "Log me on automatically" or something like that, every time I log on to the "ScaRatings". However, it doesn't seem to work, and I have to type my long password in every time I come here. What am I doing wrong, or what don't I understand? I'm sure I will feel like an idiot, when someone explains this to me, but I don't care. These days I feel like an idiot much of the time anyway. :lol:

Post subject: Sending private messages, or...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:26 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Sending private messages, or if you prefer, "Idiot, Part II". I don't send many private messages, but the only ones that I have figured out how to send are replies to private messages that someone else has already sent to me. I have absolutely no idea how to initiate a private message to somebody. Damn, I've tried, but this is another thing I am unable to figure out.

Post subject: Why stop there...? Let's talk avatars...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:35 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Why stop there...? Let's talk avatars... On the original "ScaRatings" I had a wonderful Sherlock Holmes avatar. Of course it was gone after the "ScaRatings" arose from the dead, but I would like to get it, or something like it back. I would greatly appreciate it, if anyone could help me on this. Thanks. :D

Post subject: Re: Log me on automatically...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:55 am 
Centenarian

This one Cloudy:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:15 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy, you should probably enable cookies from this site, if you haven't done so already. I know that I tend to disallow cookies in general but permit them on a case-by-case basis, such as with this site.

Also, I know you sent me a PM once, and it was not a reply to one I had previously sent you. I don't send that many of them, but it's not that hard to do...

-- RWM

Post subject: BIGSKY, how did you do it...?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:10 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Bigsky wrote:
This one Cloudy:

BIGSKY, how did you do it...? I can't believe you found my old avatar...! Thank you...! Thank you...! Thank you...!

My buddy, YODA, took care of reinstalling it, and now the world's first consulting detective avatar has returned to the "ScaRatings".

Thanks again. :D

Post subject: Cookies...?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:30 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

zog741 wrote:
Cloudy, you should probably enable cookies from this site, if you haven't done so already. I know that I tend to disallow cookies in general but permit them on a case-by-case basis, such as with this site.

Also, I know you sent me a PM once, and it was not a reply to one I had previously sent you. I don't send that many of them, but it's not that hard to do...

-- RWM

Cookies...? Yep, I've heard of them, but I have no freakin' idea how to enable cookies from the "ScaRatings".

Hell, once a very long time ago I learned DOS commands, that I had to type in to get things to work on my computer, but that was 25 years ago. (I think I have probably forgotten all of them.) As the years have gone by, I never bothered to try to learn any of this new shit. How the heck do I allow the good "ScaRatings" cookie onto my computer?

I believe that I now qualify as a complete computer idiot...

ZOG, thanks for trying to help a complete computer idiot out, but I might just be beyond hope.

Post subject: Good news, AOL now lets me...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:48 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Good news, AOL now lets me store my "ScaRatings" password, and logs me on automatically. Was this something that the "ScaRatings" technicians fixed, or did AOL people take care of the problem...?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:03 am 
Lord of Scaratings

I wonder if AOL has any employees....