New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Good Lord...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:26 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

mr_ale wrote:
cloudy 140
akbar71 42
rhino 27
dante 25
anon 23
iceman 19
mr ale 18
hammer 15
cards 13
frankc 12
poman 12
spotes 7
tolle 4
bgtuna 3
zog741 3
liljol 2
jim 2
mitchwolf 1
gogetm 1
lewser 1
scar 1

I did want to take this opportunity to apologize for being such a loudmouth on Republican
Hopefuls, as demonstrated by the above post count.

Would I never shut up?

Good Lord, why would anybody ever waste their time counting all of the posts that different people made to any threads...? If you really want to have fun, count all of CLOUDY's obnoxious posts on the "Computer Games New and Old" thread. :lol:

p.s. If you did not already know, I'm a post-a-lot maniac... :lol:

p.p.s. Mr ALE, I really don't think the question is about how many posts that people have made to any particular thread. The question is what those posts have said about and to their friends, who have also posted there.

p.p.p.s. Two exceptions to this would be both of the threads that ICEMAN created, "Ban the Person Above You" and "Post Baseless Lies About the Person Above You". Both of these threads elicit all sorts of silly accusations. However, everyone knows that there is no seriousness there, and everybody has fun making goofy things up about their buddies. There is never any vitriol, anger, or serious ad hominem on either thread. We just have fun being silly about what we post about each other. You should join us there and have some silly fun. This is a chance for you to show off your creativity, and be funny with your buddies.

Last edited by Cloudy on Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:05 am, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Good Lord...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:37 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
p.s. I'm a post-a-lot maniac... :lol:

A great name for a new ranking on Scaratings! :)

Post subject: I like that...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:21 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

zog741 wrote:
Cloudy wrote:
p.s. I'm a post-a-lot maniac... :lol:

A great name for a new ranking on Scaratings! :)

I like that, ZOG. Perhaps DANTE will listen to you and create this new ranking name.

Post subject: Re: Message from Scar: The end of Scaratings
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:06 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I'm glad to read that TPTB are considering continuing Scaratings with drastic limitations.

Personally, I read almost nothing in the Free for All section. I got into it once about smoking bans on the BT site and decided to stay out of politics here. There are other places to argue about that stuff.

One more thing. I'm currently a member of several posting boards. Dante set this one up very well. Once I figured it out, it is the easiest to navigate quickly. Much appreciated sir!

Post subject: RANGER, jump on in on other threads...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:26 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

ranger wrote:
I'm glad to read that TPTB are considering continuing Scaratings with drastic limitations.

Personally, I read almost nothing in the Free for All section. I got into it once about smoking bans on the BT site and decided to stay out of politics here. There are other places to argue about that stuff.

One more thing. I'm currently a member of several posting boards. Dante set this one up very well. Once I figured it out, it is the easiest to navigate quickly. Much appreciated sir!

RANGER, jump on in on other threads. If you like computer games or old movies, we have two threads waiting for you to visit. There are a lot more threads that you might enjoy also. If you don't like any of the threads up there on the "ScaRatings", just start your own. You may be surprised how many will follow your lead with lots of posts and replys to it. Anyway, welcome back to the flock. I think it is starting to look like the "ScaRatings" will continue. Your input could help it stay alive. :)

Last edited by Cloudy on Sun Sep 25, 2011 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:26 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I, too, am happy to hear that there is chance a modified forum will continue to exists.

Post subject: ZZUUPP, I think you speak for most of us...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:03 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

zzuupp wrote:
I, too, am happy to hear that there is chance a modified forum will continue to exists.

ZZUUPP, I think you speak for most of us... :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 2:48 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

You mean I now have to wait until Saturday evening at 8:40 to find out what the possible choices for the Playback Headliner will be since that is when Buzztime likes to post them? :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:34 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

What the hell have yall done???

I go to Pittsburgh for the IHRA Div 3 drag racing finals and come back to find that some political hotheads have f'ed scar all up?? WTF?

I for one have never read a single political thread or any of the other non BT threads, this forum is about BT and all else should have been canned long ago. I'll assume that's where the main problems arose. In my opinion both Dems and Reps can all burn in hell. :o
If it was up to me they would all be fired and let the States take care of themselves. :roll: Can't stand either side of the arguments that probably were happening.

Anyway...there still will be Badbart with 750 members: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/badbart/
and Nick's NTN board is still working but don't think new member requests are being processed. But all 450 current members can post.
http://lnridge.net/ntn/forum/default.asp

All the old postings from the mid 2000s are still there like a ghost town waiting to be reborn. :lol:

So Scar whatever you decide try dumping all non BT topics 1st then see what happens.

GOOD luck to you and Dante.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:35 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

BGTUNA wrote:
You mean I now have to wait until Saturday evening at 8:40 to find out what the possible choices for the Playback Headliner will be since that is when Buzztime likes to post them? :lol:

I forgot to post em last week cause I was busy with work and setting up my trip to see SPOTES n the gang at 86th St Pub.

I see focus got my back on this weeks.

I try to post next week's.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:01 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
Anyway...there still will be Badbart with 750 members: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/badbart/
and Nick's NTN board is still working but don't think new member requests are being processed. But all 450 current members can post.
http://lnridge.net/ntn/forum/default.asp

I did sent a request on Nick's fourm...not sure it will do any good.

As for BadBart, Its not indexed like Nick's, Scar's or the old NTN fourm, but its ok.

Not sure of when and if ScaRatings will end....maybe revamping will be the best bet.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:48 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

It's not ending.

For right now, if anyone acts like a donkey, I'm going to ban them permanently.

We'll address the nature of the changes here soon. I may not be able to do so until October 10th, at least without cutting something out of my life I'd rather not do so (like going to the godforsaken doctor).

Thank you all for your positive comments, and your suggestions. They were both appreciated, and we are acting on some of them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:29 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

That's great news. Thank you Dante.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:17 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Wonderful news.

Just in case, though, I put bukowski.net on my favorites list for some light reading. Highly recommended.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:15 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Dante wrote:
It's not ending.

We'll address the nature of the changes here soon. I may not be able to do so until October 10th, at least without cutting something out of my life I'd rather not do so (like going to the godforsaken doctor).

Thank you all for your positive comments, and your suggestions. They were both appreciated, and we are acting on some of them.

Great news!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:38 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

thank you, dante. this is great news for me and my team. if you come to cleveland, be sure to look us up at west park station. we'll make sure you get some reward for all this work and aggravation.

Post subject: I think I know what SCAR and DANTE were doing...
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:35 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I think I know what SCAR and DANTE were doing, and it worked. My hat is off to them. They got the "ScaRatings" back on the right track. They are two very smart guys. I would suggest that from now on, that the the rest of us not violate the rules, or we will be toast. I'm gonna mind my "p's" and "q's" from now on, and I recommend that everybody else does too, if they want to be able to post anything here. We have all had our LAST warning.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:18 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Dante wrote:
It's not ending.

Great news, Dante. Although I often do not have time to read most of the site, and so just went through the original depressing post and all the comments leading to this reprieve and relief.
I do appreciate it and the hard work you and Scar put into it. I do not know who or what caused you the stress, but hope that you can resolve it with as little change as possible to what seems to me to be an excellent forum. I rarely have time to read much of the Free-for-All section, but even enjoyed that when I did. I have not noticed anything offensive, but perhaps I lack sensitivity in that area, as I felt the same way anout the old Buzztime forum. I did not take offense even when someone suggested that I had been living in a hole (although I thought it amusing coming from a troglodyte).

Keep up the good work and delegate some of it if you can.

"What mighty contests rise from trivial things!" - Alexander Pope, 1712.

"Beauty is truth, and truth beauty", John Keats, 1820.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:24 am 
Octogenarian

I am really happy that this informative site is not going to be shut down, I can at least even if i do not have a current local site keep informed of Buzztime happenings, both good and bad.

thanks Scar and Dante

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:37 am 
Moderating Hobbit

Falcon wrote:
I did not take offense even when someone suggested that I had been living in a hole (although I thought it amusing coming from a troglodyte).

Assuming you are talking about when you said Michael Bay is obscure, I said you need to get your head out of the ground, not that you were living in a hole. :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:34 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Dante wrote:
Falcon wrote:
I did not take offense even when someone suggested that I had been living in a hole (although I thought it amusing coming from a troglodyte).

Assuming you are talking about when you said Michael Bay is obscure, I said you need to get your head out of the ground, not that you were living in a hole. :)

Thanks for the correction. I tried to check the line before mentioning it, but couldn't remember the context. Given my almost total ignorance of movies, tv, and computers, the notion that I live in a hole or a cave would not be too far-fetched, especially for anyone to whom Hollywood entertainment is important, but it's not so. My head is on a rock sticking out into the Atlantic that has radio links to the rest of North America!

"What mighty contests rise from trivial things!" - Alexander Pope, 1712.

"Beauty is truth, and truth beauty", John Keats, 1820.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:41 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

Falcon wrote:
Dante wrote:
Falcon wrote:

Thanks for the correction. I tried to check the line before mentioning it, but couldn't remember the context. Given my almost total ignorance of movies, tv, and computers, the notion that I live in a hole or a cave would not be too far-fetched, especially for anyone to whom Hollywood entertainment is important, but it's not so. My head is on a rock sticking out into the Atlantic that has radio links to the rest of North America!

Different strokes, different folks.

Besides, rocks in the Atlantic are cool.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:22 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Dante wrote:
Falcon wrote:

Michael Bay?
I assume that you are referring to the star of Mystery Men...
"Can we bring our brewskis?"

Last edited by spotes on Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:59 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Dante wrote:
It's not ending.

good news.

I want to thank you and Scott for all the work that you've done on this forum over the years. the behind-the-scenes crapola is quite a bit of work even if there were no problems/aggravating issues

Post subject: Am I safe in assuming...
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:06 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Am I safe in assuming that we can still disagree with each other as long as we do it in a polite and respectful way...? I would hope that good natured joshing will be acceptable. We get a lot of good natured, silly joshing on "The Baseball Thread", "Ban the Person Above You" thread, and the "Post Baseless Lies About the Person Above You" thread. (There may be a few more threads, where you will see good natured joshing, that don't come to mind right now.)

Anyway, I think that everyone has got the message, and I don't think SCAR or DANTE really have to worry about what the rest of us are going to post to the "ScaRatings" from now on.

p.s. If by some unlikely chance somebody should feel offended by something that somebody else has posted, allow me to suggest that they send a polite private message to that person, explaining why they felt offended, instead of complaining to SCAR or DANTE. If I know the people, who post here, I believe that they will respond politely, apologize for offending you, and endeavor not to do it again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next