New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The "ScaRatings" display is screwed up on my PC...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:55 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I have a problem with how the "ScaRatings" display shows up on my PC, which began about a week or so ago.

I will try to describe the problem as best I can.

First of all, I now get some gobbledygook at the top of the screen, above the normal "ScaRatings" display, which pushes everything down somewhere between 1 to 4 inches. (This varies.) This gobbledygook consists off all sorts of technical messages on a white background with black letters. They have a very small font, and I don't understand any of them. I tried to delete them, but it seems impossible to do so.

The second problem, which began at the same time, is that the font on my posts (as well as those of others) has doubled in size. Yeah, I can read the posts without my reading glasses now. However, this causes a great problem, because it pushes everything to the right, and the last half-inch (perhaps more) of what was normally on the far right of the screen is no longer viewable. I have been unable to return the font size to what I normally used on the "ScaRatings". Trying to slide the screen viewing area to the right won't move it far enough to be able to view the final words on the lines of many posts. Worse yet, this problem prevents me from being able to use some of the little boxes at the far-right bottom of posts that let you click on them to take some kind of action.

To the best of my knowledge, this problem only occurs on the "ScaRatings" and does not effect anything else.

Yesterday, DANTE took over remote control of my computer, and checked it out. He spent about half an hour on it, and finally told me that he didn't think it was a problem with my computer. It looked like a problem with their software, their server, or changes with the "phpbb" program that the "ScaRatings" uses.

Has anyone else experienced problems like these?

Does anyone know, if there is any way this problem can be fixed?

Any help you can give me to resolve this problem, will be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

p.s. This problem persists whether I have logged on to the Internet using AOL, Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome.

p.p.s. The font size is just like it used to be as I type a post in. It just leaps to double size after I enter the post.

Post subject: Re: The "ScaRatings" display is screwed up on my PC...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:16 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Yes there are some PHpbb debug errors at the top of some pages. They mention time zone settings. Sounds like Dante or Scar needs to update some settings. However, I don't see the large font you're seeing, that may be specific to your operating system.

Did Dante say anything about taking care of this?

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:18 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I have the same issues as Cloudy, including the larger display on some pages.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:20 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I have also seen these error messages, both on Android devices (my tablet and phone) and on my desktop. I've been seeing these messages for about a week.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:04 am 
Lotsa Posta

I'm having the same problems as Cloudy has too. At least as far as the display is concerned. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:08 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
Yep, big font & error messages here too. Not seeing it on other PHPBB forums.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:19 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
I have a problem with how the "ScaRatings" display shows up on my PC, which began about a week or so ago.

I will try to describe the problem as best I can.

First of all, I now get some gobbledygook at the top of the screen, above the normal "ScaRatings" display, which pushes everything down somewhere between 1 to 4 inches. (This varies.) This gobbledygook consists off all sorts of technical messages on a white background with black letters. They have a very small font, and I don't understand any of them. I tried to delete them, but it seems impossible to do so.

The second problem, which began at the same time, is that the font on my posts (as well as those of others) has doubled in size. Yeah, I can read the posts without my reading glasses now. However, this causes a great problem, because it pushes everything to the right, and the last half-inch (perhaps more) of what was normally on the far right of the screen is no longer viewable. I have been unable to return the font size to what I normally used on the "ScaRatings". Trying to slide the screen viewing area to the right won't move it far enough to be able to view the final words on the lines of many posts. Worse yet, this problem prevents me from being able to use some of the little boxes at the far-right bottom of posts that let you click on them to take some kind of action.

To the best of my knowledge, this problem only occurs on the "ScaRatings" and does not effect anything else.

Yesterday, DANTE took over remote control of my computer, and checked it out. He spent about half an hour on it, and finally told me that he didn't think it was a problem with my computer. It looked like a problem with their software, their server, or changes with the "phpbb" program that the "ScaRatings" uses.

Has anyone else experienced problems like these?

Does anyone know, if there is any way this problem can be fixed?

Any help you can give me to resolve this problem, will be greatly appreciated. Thanks...

p.s. This problem persists whether I have logged on to the Internet using AOL, Internet Explorer, or Google Chrome.

p.p.s. The font size is just like it used to be as I type a post in. It just leaps to double size after I enter the post.

I have similar problems. In addition, I have no post reply button, necessitating using the quote feature to post here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:00 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I don't have problems with the "Post Reply" button. Does ranger have access to other browsers to try accessing this site? Has he tried clearing the cache or cookies from his browser?

-- RWM

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:21 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Opera and Firefox has same problems with this site.... Clearly PhpBB's end on this

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:36 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, hell. FWIW, so does Chrome and Safari. :roll:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

Post subject: I mentioned these problems to SCAR and DANTE...
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:17 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
Yes there are some PHpbb debug errors at the top of some pages. They mention time zone settings. Sounds like Dante or Scar needs to update some settings. However, I don't see the large font you're seeing, that may be specific to your operating system.

Did Dante say anything about taking care of this?

I mentioned these problems to both SCAR and DANTE at SCAR's homecoming party last week. Neither of them were aware of them. DANTE kindly said he would take remote control of my PC and check it out, which he did two days later. After spending about half an hour working on it, telling me that the problem was not with my computer, and was most likely being caused by the "ScaRatings" server, or by "phpbb'" changing something (or experiencing some kind of problem), he said he would make SCAR aware of what was going on.

However, DANTE is preparing for the biggest trip of his life to South Carolina to marry his lovely fiancee in less than two weeks, and might not have had time to, with much more important things going on for him at this time. If so, this is something that I think we all can understand.

It might be a good idea, if someone, who knows more about what could be going on than I do, sends SCAR a private a message about this, because he might not be aware of the problems on the "ScaRatings". I will hang back, and let one of you computer geeks tell SCAR about the problems first, because I don't know shit about this stuff. I only know that there's a problem.

p.s. If you do, may I suggest that you be polite, and go easy on him, because I've got a feeling that he has a lot of things on his plate these days too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:31 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

It's getting close to a week now, and I don't think anyone has sent SCAR a private message about the problem yet. Though I don't think I am qualified to be the one, because of my lack of knowledge on how all of this stuff works, I'll go ahead and send him a private message about the problem.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:48 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

You'd think Scar would have seen the error lines at the top of his screen. Or not? Maybe he's got a lot of things to do while back in God forsaken KY. No big deal just scroll down and check the " view active topics" tab. 8-)

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:12 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

BUD wrote:
You'd think Scar would have seen the error lines at the top of his screen. Or not? Maybe he's got a lot of things to do while back in God forsaken KY. No big deal just scroll down and check the " view active topics" tab. 8-)

I sent SCAR a rather lengthy private message about this just after my post tonight that said that I'd do it. I'm sure he will take care of the problem.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:08 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

I think it should be fixed now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:09 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Or maybe not .... saw a different error message pop up, but then go away.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:36 pm 
Centenarian

Looks good to me (EDIT: except when I submitted this reply--I got that same quick error as well). Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:57 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Thank you...! Thank you...! Thank you...!

SCAR, thank you so much. It looks to me like you fixed the problem overnight. Next time you're in Louisville, your beers will be on me.

p.s. When I say "your beers will be on me", I'm not suggesting that you pour them over my head. :lol:

Post subject: I need some help bringing pictures over...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:24 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I need some help bringing pictures over from Google Images to post them on the "ScaRatings". I used to have no problem doing this, but since I've returned from my 13 month hiatus, what I used to do no longer works. Maybe I've forgotten something, or maybe something has changed. Either way, I will be forever indebted to anyone, who can tell me the steps that I need to go though to insert pictures to my posts.

Last edited by Cloudy on Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: I need some help bringing pictures over...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:37 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Cloudy wrote:
I need some help bringing pictures over from Google Images to post them on the "ScaRatings". I used to have no problem doing this, but since I've returned from my 13 month hiatus, I what used to do no longer works. I may have forgotten something, but I believe this is how I used to do it.

Just copy and past the URL for the image. Then add [img]before-the-URL,-and[/img] after the URL.

Post subject: Deleted
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:47 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Deleted

Last edited by Cloudy on Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: I need some help bringing pictures over...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:19 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Location: The Gloriously Site-Rich Valley of the Sun Devil - FUofA
mudee wrote:
Cloudy wrote:
I need some help bringing pictures over from Google Images to post them on the "ScaRatings". I used to have no problem doing this, but since I've returned from my 13 month hiatus, I what used to do no longer works. I may have forgotten something, but I believe this is how I used to do it.

Just copy and past the URL for the image. Then add [img]before-the-URL,-and[/img] after the URL.

Gee thanks, MUD... You know not what you've done... Image

Post subject: Look who's talking...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:59 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Look who's talking...

ICEMAN has to be the most prolific poster of pictures on the "ScaRatings".

p.s. Chin up, look at it this way, ICEMAN. A picture is worth a thousand words, so thanks to MUDEE's help, my often lengthy, verbose posts might not be as long as they once were, now that I can use pictures again. :lol: