New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Moore Oklahoma
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:10 pm 
Legal Member

I played once in Moore at a place called McGuinness(?) I noticed on the map that it is a few blocks from the Plaza Tower elementary school that was destroyed. does anyone know if it is still standing?

Post subject: Re: Moore Oklahoma
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:55 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

According to the NTN site, no one was playing Countdown at Dan McGuinness Pub but someone name WAMMER, with 38m pplus points was playing at the BWW and had to quit after seven questions. Hope B-dubs had a shelter...

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:30 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Looks like BWW Moore is only 3 blocks from the school.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:01 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

There was trivia action at BWW yesterday so they survived the storm. Dan McGuinness Pub is still inactive, however, so its fate is yet unknown. Based on its location just a few blocks south of the school, it very likely was affected.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:31 am 
Lotsa Posta

Did some poking around the 'net during a boring meetnig at work. Dan McGuiness Pub's corporate office is actually in Moore, OK.

http://www.danmcguinnesspub.com/moore/home.php

The pub did take a direct hit

http://normantranscript.com/tornadio-fe ... y-in-Moore

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:41 am 
Lotsa Posta

I'm going to cast a first vote that Scarating's people meet at McGuiness in Moore OK to have a trivia party there. At first I was thinking one year after the tornado, but also thinking to celebrate their re-opening. Perhaps after a month or two we can contact their corporate office to organize this?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:42 am 
Lord of Scaratings

MiniYoda wrote:
I'm going to cast a first vote that Scarating's people meet at McGuiness in Moore OK to have a trivia party there. At first I was thinking one year after the tornado, but also thinking to celebrate their re-opening. Perhaps after a month or two we can contact their corporate office to organize this?

Just don't call it a bash :)

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:39 am 
Himself Fodder

MiniYoda wrote:

Not to belittle what has happened, but why is this any different than other BT locations that have closed for a while because of weather damage? The Joplin tornado, Houston hurricanes and floods, Mississippi tornadoes, Florida hurricanes, Katrina, etc. There have been many over the last ten years with areas of much more damage and loss of life.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:57 am 
Lotsa Posta

-BO- wrote:
MiniYoda wrote:

Not to belittle what has happened, but why is this any different than other BT locations that have closed for a while because of weather damage? The Joplin tornado, Houston hurricanes and floods, Mississippi tornadoes, Florida hurricanes, Katrina, etc. There have been many over the last ten years with areas of much more damage and loss of life.

Mainly different because I didn't think of the idea when those events happened. It's just a suggestion, might not happened at all.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:05 pm 
Himself Fodder

MiniYoda wrote:
-BO- wrote:
MiniYoda wrote:

Mainly different because I didn't think of the idea when those events happened. It's just a suggestion, might not happened at all.

Gotcha.

Every couple of months I travel through Joplin, since the tornado I usually stop for food and drink there simply to contribute to the economy.

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:50 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

MiniYoda wrote:
-BO- wrote:
MiniYoda wrote:

I thought it was a nice idea.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 8:39 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

S O B wrote:
There was trivia action at BWW yesterday so they survived the storm. Dan McGuinness Pub is still inactive, however, so its fate is yet unknown. Based on its location just a few blocks south of the school, it very likely was affected.

I did notice that BWW Moore OK made the top 10 multiple times last night during Late Shift