New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: A Message from Jamie at Buzztime
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:17 pm 

I am very excited to introduce myself and say Hello to all of the loyal players of the Buzztime network. As a long-time member of the Buzztime Operations team, I have been involved in game scheduling and competition management throughout the years, and have had the opportunity to meet many of you.

Buzztime is placing a fresh and expanded focus on our player community, and I am excited to have the opportunity to serve as a liaison for the many player social groups, trivia teams, and Buzztime enthusiasts who support and enjoy the Buzztime network.

In the interest of keeping our player community informed of happenings at Buzztime, we will be providing regular monthly communications on new Buzztime products, network schedule enhancements, new competitions and promotions, and many other happenings of interest to Buzztime players. I have a new email address playerfeedback@buzztime.com to provide the player community with a means of contacting me to ask questions, provide feedback, and share ideas related to Buzztime programming and player communities. This will be direct line for all of you to share your thoughts and ideas to help drive our programming decisions and craft an excellent Buzztime player experience.

Many more details will follow in the next few weeks as we develop our new Player Community program. Thanks very much for playing Buzztime and I look forward to serving you as the new Voice of the Buzztime Player!

Post subject: Re: A Message from Jamie at Buzztime
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:01 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Thanks Jamie for this expanded outreach to the player community, it's a much overdue surprise.

My 2 cents is there is still a glaring need for a geography game. It's one of the main pillars of trivia and has been missing for many years since the end of Passport. I'm not saying bring back Passport but just a worldwide game with no advance destinations needed.

Thanks for listening.

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:52 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Thanks, Jamie! I know I speak for my teammates in saying the renewed focus on the player community is very welcome. We cheered the end of the split, and it will be great to play the Sandbag Tournament in a reunified network starting next week.

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:57 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Jamie,

Thank you thank you. I am so happy we are being heard. I know all of our things cannot be changed, but getting rid of the split once and for all was huge!!!

Now if we can get more things for the avatars....

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:37 pm 
Centenarian

Welcome and thanks. It's great to have Buzztime reach out to your most loyal players. Ending the split was a fantastic, welcome step. The Buzztime games are quite good now. The premium games are worthwhile, challenging, and keep us coming back to our favorite Buzztime locales week after week.

My issue is reliability of the site services themselves. Lag issues, unavailable networks, box conflicts, and other logistics issues can make playing the game itself quite a challenge. Of 5 locales in my city, 3 suffer from these problems quite often. More than once, we've gathered to play a premium game (often Six on Wednesday or Thursday), only to find the system reboots or hangs, and none of us can play. At another site, the lag is so bad, that it's basically impossible to play; 10-20% of the questions won't register any response from the boxes, despite multiple answer entry attempts.

I don't think there's a quick fix to these issues, but at least I can mention it here and you can pass this along to the operations folks. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:17 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

It was nice to meet you in Cincinnati. This is yet more good news.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:20 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Thank you for posting. I look forward to more interaction and information.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:05 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Just wondering if there could be more to help the mom & pop sites, the stand alones. I realize the biggies, like BWW, have more value, but many of us would rather support small, regional sites that offer local food and craft beers and a cozier atmosphere.

Thanks for hearing my howls from the hollers of Hillbillyville.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:47 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Glad to hear from you and of the change toward listening to players. I agree with Anon and most of the others above, and hope that most of the e-mails you get are positive suggestions and that you don't get put off by those that are not.
I think that one of the best ways to encourage play would be to have good regional representatives that could help site owners or managers who may not have much interest see ways that they can get the most from the games, organize tournaments, etc.. Even a package of information with basic ideas for each manager might help. Things that seem obvious to us, such as keeping the games on at least one television whenever the site is open, having one Playmaker available on the bar for a bored patron to pick up (and the rest charging when not in use), and making sure that each bartender and server has played at least one game so that they know how it works, are not automatic in most locations.

"What mighty contests rise from trivial things!" - Alexander Pope, 1712.

"Beauty is truth, and truth beauty", John Keats, 1820.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:29 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Falcon wrote:
Glad to hear from you and of the change toward listening to players. I agree with Anon and most of the others above, and hope that most of the e-mails you get are positive suggestions and that you don't get put off by those that are not.
I think that one of the best ways to encourage play would be to have good regional representatives that could help site owners or managers who may not have much interest see ways that they can get the most from the games, organize tournaments, etc.. Even a package of information with basic ideas for each manager might help. Things that seem obvious to us, such as keeping the games on at least one television whenever the site is open, having one Playmaker available on the bar for a bored patron to pick up (and the rest charging when not in use), and making sure that each bartender and server has played at least one game so that they know how it works, are not automatic in most locations.

Nicely said. Also, subscribing sites' management need to make Buzztime a higher priority in their staff meetings. They also need to make Buzztime a major part of their new employees' orientations, and to ensure that all existing employees are on board with Buzztime.

In my long and somewhat extensive experiences with these games, few if any things have disappointed me more than to have seen at some now discontinued and/or gone sites, other customers asking an employee about "...that game on that screen...", only to have that employee blow them off with "YOU WANT TO PLAY *THAT*??" :cry:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!