New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ] 
 Post subject: More Cheating by GOOGIE
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:34 pm 
Himself Fodder

This time on completing the cards, perhaps it's a well known exploit, but I'm sick and tired of the mobile PM bullshit out of the area in addition to BT opening up this known can of worms.

http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_prof ... cardid=146
Playback on card 15, completed on June 4th.

http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_prof ... cardid=147
Playback on card 16, also completed on June 4th!

Here's the LEELA handle logged in at D Ray's for the game. http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_hof_ ... &sid=37056

Here's the LEELA handle logged in at Ashland Elk's Lodge. http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_hof_ ... &sid=36876

Note the other two handles logged in at Ashland Elk's Lodge also completed two PB's in exactly the same fashion last night. They just happened to be in the exact same place in completing the cards. We know that GOOGIE and LEELA are run by the same person, but who is running the ELZAR and DRZOID boxes in exactly the same fashion?

I've been asking myself why I care about this, and I probably shouldn't. But after another cheat, what will Triviapalooza do to this complete hack monkey?

BO

Post subject: Re: More Cheating by GOOGIE
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:59 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
This time on completing the cards, perhaps it's a well known exploit, but I'm sick and tired of the mobile PM bullshit out of the area in addition to BT opening up this known can of worms.

http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_prof ... cardid=146
Playback on card 15, completed on June 4th.

http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_prof ... cardid=147
Playback on card 16, also completed on June 4th!

Here's the LEELA handle logged in at D Ray's for the game. http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_hof_ ... &sid=37056

Here's the LEELA handle logged in at Ashland Elk's Lodge. http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_hof_ ... &sid=36876

Note the other two handles logged in at Ashland Elk's Lodge also completed two PB's in exactly the same fashion last night. They just happened to be in the exact same place in completing the cards. We know that GOOGIE and LEELA are run by the same person, but who is running the ELZAR and DRZOID boxes in exactly the same fashion?

I've been asking myself why I care about this, and I probably shouldn't. But after another cheat, what will Triviapalooza do to this complete hack monkey?

BO

Til he explains himself, I assume he is pulling the same shit as ROMEO is doing in St Louis area with two iPad/iPods or whatever. ROMEO almost pulled his usual Saturday but I glad he didn't logged in to my bar from some place else til Baxters open at 11:30a.

Dave and who else running Triviapalooza make sure no mobile playmakers are active at Bargos.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:11 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

After I looked at the links you posted, BO, Googie is "Point Munching" for sure, not just logging in to different site to completed a card. Like I told Jim in the "Cheating the System" that if you log in blind from home or work that you will be considered a cheat and a point muncher.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:45 am 
Himself Fodder

Just for giggles, a few snippets from GOOGIE's other cheating thread.

From 6/2:
googie wrote:
I believe me and Eric have reached an agrement. I can play at one location only. But unlike Eric I'm not a picky person when it comes to where I play. I like most of the places in the area, where as Eric prefers BW3. I don't like to play at one place all the time. I just hope we all can move on and get along. I'm actually suprised to be caught up in all this considering how honest and helpful I am.

That agreement sure didn't last long now did it?

ERIC wrote:
I think this is the best thing to Happen. I agree that you from now on do this.. You could redeem yourself in the eyes of some players hopefully. Turn this around and hopefully have a great Triviapalooza.

ERIC wrote:
I believe in giving chances. He's agreed to play at one site after discussion.

I say we give him a chance. This will be a way to redeem himself of suspicions.

I say we don't give this jackwagon any more chances.

A couple of you have received my Triviapalooza offer, make it happen and I'll gladly pay up!

BO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:19 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

It is pretty clear that he is logging into one site with his Iphone, answering a question or two, and then logging into another site and getting a double punch for his cards. This is finding a loophole in the card system and taking advantage of it... worse than just answering from home.

This is fairly high on the lame factor. I don't think it is as bad as getting answers quicker and beating legit scores, but some who take the cards seriously (I am not, I think I'm still on my first card) may have a problem with it. I suppose, if he chooses, he can answer any questions some may have at the bash... I mean Triviapalooza... I mean Bashapalooza.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:35 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Tolle wrote:
It is pretty clear that he is logging into one site with his Iphone, answering a question or two, and then logging into another site and getting a double punch for his cards. This is finding a loophole in the card system and taking advantage of it... worse than just answering from home.

This is fairly high on the lame factor. I don't think it is as bad as getting answers quicker and beating legit scores, but some who take the cards seriously (I am not, I think I'm still on my first card) may have a problem with it. I suppose, if he chooses, he can answer any questions some may have at the bash... I mean Triviapalooza... I mean Bashapalooza.

Only I know is log in from site to site to site on the same game is point munching. GOOGIE, LEELA, ELZAR and DRZOID each got 4500 p+ points each with PB while people playing the full game gets 3000 if they get 18,000 or more on their score.

BTW Dave, you are on card 3 with GD n BB left.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:44 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

As one who is usually pointed to when some one needs physcial evidence of a "bad example", I just don't get it...again.

He is logging on @ separate sites to raise the P+Ps of his many accounts? All with names fom Futurama? To complete cards for P+Ps? For many different handles?

Really?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:18 am 
Himself Fodder

Tolle wrote:

Oh I agree it's nowhere near as bad as cheating during an actual game like he did in AIA, but after all the vehement denials it needed to be pointed out.

BO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:47 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Tolle wrote:

Oh I agree it's nowhere near as bad as cheating during an actual game like he did in AIA, but after all the vehement denials it needed to be pointed out.

BO

I meant that it was lame that he was doing it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:52 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Players who have nothing better to do than sit at home or logged in at another bar hitting buttons are being encouraged by the 3 $500 gift cards that BT offers.

I know someone who didn't play more than a few real games, the rest from home to fill all the cards. Sure enough they got a $500 card. No big deal I certainly wasn't in that drawing.

It's not as bad as cheating with the lag and playing a whole game but still something BT can fix.

2 things, 1st, fix the synch between bars, get everyone within a second or two. 2nd, limit the phone GPS distance to 1 mile, that is still far enough to include locations that aren't mapped correctly on google. A few bars are within a mile of each other but not that many in the overall scheme of things. (Oops ....better check the KY/OH/WV border area)

LET'S GO ....Caps and Os!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:48 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

BUD wrote:
Players who have nothing better to do than sit at home or logged in at another bar hitting buttons are being encouraged by the 3 $500 gift cards that BT offers.

I know someone who didn't play more than a few real games, the rest from home to fill all the cards. Sure enough they got a $500 card. No big deal I certainly wasn't in that drawing.

It's not as bad as cheating with the lag and playing a whole game but still something BT can fix.

2 things, 1st, fix the synch between bars, get everyone within a second or two. 2nd, limit the phone GPS distance to 1 mile, that is still far enough to include locations that aren't mapped correctly on google. A few bars are within a mile of each other but not that many in the overall scheme of things. (Oops ....better check the KY/OH/WV border area)

AMEN to that. It is sad that people feel they have to cheat the system for a free thing. I asked when our friend played at a bar near me what the interior the bar looked like and he admitted he was in a car and wanted to clear cards. Given where he was to the proximity of the bar he was at least 10-15 miles away.

It is sad to see.

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:57 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

ERIC wrote:
...Best thing for buzztime to do is.. Make the Cards Promotions from here on out.. You MUST use a playmaker.. No mobile playmakers allowed. Like they did in Prizeapalooza.

Disagree. As I said on another post, you should be allowed to use a communication device to play at a site within 1/4 mile of your actual location. That is so you aren't SOL if you're at a site where all Playmakers are in use or not working. Which is rare, but I have encountered it.

I'm tired of looking at dirty laundry.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:12 pm 
Centenarian

You know what I'm going to do in responce is take some very good advice.

FUCK YOU. I WILL PLAY ANY WAY I WANT"-Tiefly

I'm not doing anything wrong and I'm not going to get lectured by someone on some thing I know you do and Vlaman does and you don't seem to have a problem with when it's you or someone you don't want to make mad. Or any of the other people who do this but you don't know who they are and can't call them out individually. I know I'm not the only one who has ever done this. Your just pissed because you think that people are taking away your chance to win. Your brag at least every other week about how you have already won $800 on the cards promotion. If people can't use the pm then your odds of winning will increase because you play every day and all day. I don't know how you afford it or stand to sit for 7 or 8 hours a day just playing trivia.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:49 pm 
Centenarian

I don't know what advice you think you gave me. I'm not doing anything different. I'm not trying to cheat anyone out of anything. I have no intention of changing how I play the cards. If I can't get out and play then I don't see why I can't use the mp. If someone like Bo want to complain about that then that's fine I have the right to ignore them. But many people do this, I'm not going to be some poster child or whipping boy for everyone's complaints.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:03 pm 
Golden Tee Master

Oh Dante, time to lock down this thread. :P

On a more serious note, I am tired of reading about Ashland. I see no reason for the internal bickering on this board from anyone there including Eric.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:20 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

I think you've all said everything that needs to be said. Googie has no intention of doing other than he/she does, and it's pretty clear what's going on.

If you want to discuss it further with him/her, please use PM.

Further, if you have a concern that people are cheating the cards system, please contact Buzztime. There is nothing that anyone here is going to be able to do, any more than you do with a private PM.

Please do not create further threads regarding this issue.

Thanks.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 16 posts ]