Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Summer cards
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:06 am 
Moderating Hobbit

zog741 wrote:
Dante wrote:
I think as far as cards go, the only game where you have to get the answer right or wrong (you can't get a 0) is Speed Freaks.

I am pretty sure now that the game that was played last winter was Tuned In Trivia. Answered five questions, all incorrectly, and got no credit for it toward the cards, which is not consistent with what normally happens.

As for Speed Freaks, you can answer and get a zero if someone else at that site correctly answers first. But that really wasn't the point of my last post.

-- RWM

Yes, it is. On Speed Freaks, if you don't get a non-0 score, it would not come off your card, the same way as you reported for Tuned In.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:31 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

So on Speed Freaks, assuming nobody else is at the site where I am playing, if I get one question right and four wrong for a final score of zero, I get no credit for playing that game? That is just weird.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:22 pm 
Lotsa Posta

This is strange. I have started a BT Trivia game and answered the question incorrectly and still got credit for the card. However no PP points were awarded, if you care.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:21 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

For Showdown and Speed, you need to get one answer correct to get some points. If not, you will not receive credit on the cards for playing the game.

Gogetem wrote:
FrankC wrote:
From my experience all you need to do is answer 1 question. It does not matter if you get it right

That is correct.

At some point in the game, you have to earn points (+1000 or -250). If you end up with 0 points after 5 questions (1 right, 4 wrong), you will get credit for the game.

zog741 wrote:
So on Speed Freaks, assuming nobody else is at the site where I am playing, if I get one question right and four wrong for a final score of zero, I get no credit for playing that game? That is just weird.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:28 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

There are so many peole using the Iphone app to complete cards that it defeats the purposef of getting people out to play at paying sites.

Playing around at the site, you can find a multitude of folks with one q answered for the games on the cards. Some folks don't seem to have averages due to not playiong enough questions to be considered a game played.

BO, I know that you hold P+Ps to have little if any value, but by god, I've spent too much $$$ on alcohol at some very iffy bars to have some one sitting at home, hitting a button here and there, passing on the P+P list.

Get out of your houses, off your phucking phones, go to a bar, play, and buy me some drinks. ya pansy ass bat ratards!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:29 pm 
Centenarian

tiefly wrote:
There are so many peole using the Iphone app to complete cards that it defeats the purposef of getting people out to play at paying sites.

Playing around at the site, you can find a multitude of folks with one q answered for the games on the cards. Some folks don't seem to have averages due to not playiong enough questions to be considered a game played.

BO, I know that you hold P+Ps to have little if any value, but by god, I've spent too much $$$ on alcohol at some very iffy bars to have some one sitting at home, hitting a button here and there, passing on the P+P list.

Get out of your houses, off your phucking phones, go to a bar, play, and buy me some drinks. ya pansy ass bat ratards!!!

heck, i've had a lot of bt games with 1000, but that's with the box at the pub when playing poker/live trivia, etc and just can't pay complete attention to try for a 'full' 6000 :)

gavv

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:31 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

tiefly wrote:

If all those iphone users went to the bar they would spend all their time nose buried in Facebook keeping up with their 423 virtual "friends" and never talking to anybody around them.

The issue of iphone users getting national high scores and dominating the leader boards of neighboring locations using system lag is far more important to me than the reward cards and I think more damaging to the integrity of Buzztime. Giving people the option of five locations to play on the iphone is ridiculous; maybe two so there is a back-up.

In terms of of a promotion to get people out more and staying longer the game where you guessed what to pick-up at three different stores was great. It would be near impossible on the iphones. I remember people going nuts at the chance of 25,000 potential PP+ a game. It was tied to the end of Wipeout so there were 4-6 chances to play per day. I was surprised they didn't sell sponsorships to Best Buy of the Electronics store, Sports Authority for the sporting goods store etc. in addition to the vehicle.

Then let's also remember the Buzztime infrastructure is so antiquated they need DOS programmers who are currently in short supply. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:32 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I agree that the batards getting medals/high scores by the phone lag/app is worse than the P+Ps/cards. But both are assholes.

First it was the phone gambit, then the whole computer/borg issue, now this app crap. Add the sync issues from QB1.

I don't know. Maybe I'm getting upset about something that occupies my time while I drink. But I sure could drink cheaper at places without BT. Maybe all this recent scamming shit will be enough to finally wean me off of trivia.

That, or the BWW birthday chant...EGADS!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:31 pm 
Himself Fodder

tiefly wrote:
I agree that the batards getting medals/high scores by the phone lag/app is worse than the P+Ps/cards. But both are assholes.

First it was the phone gambit, then the whole computer/borg issue, now this app crap. Add the sync issues from QB1.

I don't know. Maybe I'm getting upset about something that occupies my time while I drink. But I sure could drink cheaper at places without BT. Maybe all this recent scamming shit will be enough to finally wean me off of trivia.

That, or the BWW birthday chant...EGADS!!!

FWIW, SD teams were using computers in the 90's, well before the cell phone gambit was viable. Kind of funny actually, before the advent of BT's forums, hardly anybody was aware of borging it seems. And before that many teams were using paper references. What would your reaction have been in the 90's if someone told you the top SD teams were using references in various forms?

And of course we all know that 99% of the current issues could be solved by reducing the range back to 1/4 mile.

Maybe I'll use an iPhone to beat Triviapalooza every game proving it's not a bash! :D :D :D But hey, it still could be considered a bash depending on what happens that weekend...... :twisted: :twisted:

BO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:44 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

You're right.

No clue about borging or references. Hell, I didn't even know there were TEAMS when I first started.

I guess ignorance made for blissfulness.

But knowing it now...it just pisses me off.

And we both know our stances on "bashes".

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:08 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

The best solution is to test for the predilection for cheating in newborns, and turn them into Soylent Green.

/99% joking