New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Summer cards
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:27 am 
Lotsa Posta

The new Summer Cards are out. I looked at things very briefly, and to be honest, things look very similar to the Spring Card set. I don't remember in detail each card from last season's batch, but I do recognize that Card 1 is identical for the Summer set as it was for the Spring set (April 1st and July 1st both were on a Friday, so that might have helped make things easier for Buzztime). There are a lot of similarities in Card 16 too. Anyone able to confirm similarities, or duplication, in the cards between the Spring and Summer sets?

Post subject: Re: Summer cards
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:38 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Cards 1 - 5 are the same. Card 6 has a second game of Six instead of Nth Degree. Card 7 has Showdown replacing one game of BT. Card 8 has Trendalicious replacing Speed. Card 9 has Lexitopia replacing Speed. Card 11 has Countdown replacing Nth Degree. Card 13 has Speed Freaks replacing Speed. A second Six game replaces Speed on card 14. Card 15 drops Six and one game of BT while adding Glory Daze and Brainbuster. Card 16 has SportsIQ replacing Sports Trivia Challenge and a second game of Six instead of Nth Degree.

Time to grab the popcorn for when Bo gets here...only one Sports game out of 16 cards...EGADS! :evil:

MiniYoda wrote:
The new Summer Cards are out. I looked at things very briefly, and to be honest, things look very similar to the Spring Card set. I don't remember in detail each card from last season's batch, but I do recognize that Card 1 is identical for the Summer set as it was for the Spring set (April 1st and July 1st both were on a Friday, so that might have helped make things easier for Buzztime). There are a lot of similarities in Card 16 too. Anyone able to confirm similarities, or duplication, in the cards between the Spring and Summer sets?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:52 am 
Lotsa Posta

Did you have notes as to what was on each card from the last set, or are you just that good with memory? Wait....you enjoy trivia, so you must be that good with your memory.

Interesting that they replaced 4 games of Speed, and in one case replaced it with Speed Freaks, a game that most people hate.

UCFHCY wrote:
Cards 1 - 5 are the same. Card 6 has a second game of Six instead of Nth Degree. Card 7 has Showdown replacing one game of BT. Card 8 has Trendalicious replacing Speed. Card 9 has Lexitopia replacing Speed. Card 11 has Countdown replacing Nth Degree. Card 13 has Speed Freaks replacing Speed. A second Six game replaces Speed on card 14. Card 15 drops Six and one game of BT while adding Glory Daze and Brainbuster. Card 16 has SportsIQ replacing Sports Trivia Challenge and a second game of Six instead of Nth Degree.

Time to grab the popcorn for when Bo gets here...only one Sports game out of 16 cards...EGADS! :evil:

MiniYoda wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:06 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

While I do enjoy trivia, I wish my memory was that good :lol: Interesting that they shy away from the Sports games for yet another set of cards (yes I know some won't be shedding a tear). Another thing is RaceDay Trivia conflicts with Tuned In tomorrow night for card 2. Rat bastards! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

[quote="MiniYoda"]Did you have notes as to what was on each card from the last set, or are you just that good with memory? Wait....you enjoy trivia, so you must be that good with your memory.

Interesting that they replaced 4 games of Speed, and in one case replaced it with Speed Freaks, a game that most people hate.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:19 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

UCFHCY wrote:
While I do enjoy trivia, I wish my memory was that good :lol: Interesting that they shy away from the Sports games for yet another set of cards (yes I know some won't be shedding a tear). Another thing is RaceDay Trivia conflicts with Tuned In tomorrow night for card 2. Rat bastards! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Damn them Coke Zero bastards! :twisted: :evil: :evil: :twisted:

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:29 pm 

It seems strange that they completely wiped out Nth Degree from all of the cards. Are they trying to tell us that the game is going away, or is it just getting disrepected the same as the sports games?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:55 am 
Between Normal Sigmas. %!

PHINS wrote:
It seems strange that they completely wiped out Nth Degree from all of the cards. Are they trying to tell us that the game is going away, or is it just getting disrepected the same as the sports games?

Doesn't bother me at all to see Nth Degree wiped out. Wouldn't bother me at all if they do the same with the Lunchtime game.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:48 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

QBB wrote:
PHINS wrote:

Doesn't bother me at all to see Nth Degree wiped out. Wouldn't bother me at all if they do the same with the Lunchtime game.

i agree LT game is a cheating magnet.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:53 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I think the cards should be more heavily weighed towards Countdown and Buzztime Trivia. Sure it would be easier for the fanatics to complete the set, but lots of people never get past the first card and with more emphasis on Buzztime and Countdown many of them might be drawn in to participate. Not everybody can go out five nights a week to play, but if you only had to go out to play three or four premium games once or twice a week it could interest a much larger group and they might even start playing an additional night per week regularly.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:39 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Both Nth degree and Glory Daze should be removed from the cards as most West Coasters can't play these games. I realize that a pass can be used, but I'd rather use them on other games. If I play Nth Degree, I can only answer the last 3 questions, because it's the earliest that I can arrive at the site. Glory Daze is completely out of the question as my Showdown site is too far away.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:02 pm 
Himself Fodder

Jim wrote:
I think the cards should be more heavily weighed towards Countdown and Buzztime Trivia. Sure it would be easier for the fanatics to complete the set, but lots of people never get past the first card and with more emphasis on Buzztime and Countdown many of them might be drawn in to participate. Not everybody can go out five nights a week to play, but if you only had to go out to play three or four premium games once or twice a week it could interest a much larger group and they might even start playing an additional night per week regularly.

Dude, what don't you understand about the fact it's difficult to complete all the cards. It's supposed to be! Otherwise everybody could and would do it. If it's too difficult for you then simply don't do it.

Regardless, you play trivia for one reason only, to win the game. Period. Otherwise why keep score? And if that's the case, who gives a shit about completing silly cards? Those will take care of themselves.

BO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:35 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
Dude, what don't you understand about the fact it's difficult to complete all the cards. It's supposed to be! Otherwise everybody could and would do it. If it's too difficult for you then simply don't do it.

Regardless, you play trivia for one reason only, to win the game. Period. Otherwise why keep score? And if that's the case, who gives a shit about completing silly cards? Those will take care of themselves.

BO

I do finish the cards rather quickly, but I enjoy complaining about the inconvenience of doing so. Still is the purpose of the cards to be a difficult challenge for some or to encourage overall increased play for the masses and introduce them to other games thay may like?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:23 pm 
Himself Fodder

Jim wrote:
-BO- wrote:

BO

I do finish the cards rather quickly, but I enjoy complaining about the inconvenience of doing so. Still is the purpose of the cards to be a difficult challenge for some or to encourage overall increased play for the masses and introduce them to other games thay may like?

Both. It has something for every level of player. For the more casual player it encourages more play so said player can complete the 6th card or so. For the hard core player it encourages them to go out Tuesday through Saturday for many weeks in a row in order to complete every card. And of course BT doesn't consider the Sunday and Monday premium games important enough to force players to complete games that night.

But again, as I am fond of saying, a player plays every game in order to achieve the highest score they can. Button pushers simply show up to push a few random buttons to complete games and cards.

BO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:06 pm 
Himself Fodder

An example of the cards getting people out to the bars to play.

http://www.buzztime.com/players/bt_hof_ ... &sid=36876

Or not. What's it going to take for BT to do something about the mobile PM?

Funny thing is, I see games completed (BT or CD for example) by iHack monkeys on their card profile, but their score doesn't show up in their score profile, even with all games/game history selected.

BO

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:24 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

-BO- wrote:

Funny thing is, I see games completed (BT or CD for example) by iHack monkeys on their card profile, but their score doesn't show up in their score profile, even with all games/game history selected.

BO

Very interesting. I looked at your example and found Cokoo to be on card six. Looking at his gameplay history he has never played SciFi, but it is marked off as a game he has played on his reward cards. A number of games marked off on his cards as played don't show up on his gameplay history.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:49 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Jim wrote:
-BO- wrote:

BO

Very interesting. I looked at your example and found Cokoo to be on card six. Looking at his gameplay history he has never played SciFi, but it is marked off as a game he has played on his reward cards. A number of games marked off on his cards as played don't show up on his gameplay history.

Which happens when you phone it in and hit buttons without any right questions.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:43 pm 
Centenarian

(Edited by Dante: Googie, please see your PM)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:54 am 
Moderating Hobbit

Keep it nice, peoples. No direct attacks on others.

Thanks!

Man Age Meant

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:55 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

tchoiniere wrote:
Which happens when you phone it in and hit buttons without any right questions.

Some could be legit due to using passes, but the point is well made.

I am somewhat (albeit, very lil') surprised that credit is given if you don't get any questions correct. (Back in the day, you didn't get P+ points unless you got at least one question correct. I don't know if that rule still applies today). OTOH, the cards are a participation program and not a scoring program (like P+ is supposed to be)...which could account for the differences in receiving credit.

Yeah, I know, if you guess completely blind, you still have a 20% - 25% chance of getting the question right anyway. So it would take phone users no more than 4-5 questions (on average) to get one question correct instead of answering just one question. But at least it would take a lil' more effort (again, albeit very lil').

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:11 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

poman wrote:
Back in the day, you didn't get P+ points unless you got at least one question correct. I don't know if that rule still applies today

Yeah that's is still the rule. Must answer one or more to complete your game on your card.

Quote:
So it would take phone users no more than 4-5 questions (on average) to get one question correct instead of answering just one question. But at least it would take a lil' more effort (again, albeit very lil').

Unless they are at one bar and login to another and the lag between the bars gets the smartphone smarties the avantage.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:02 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

MitchWolf wrote:
poman wrote:
Back in the day, you didn't get P+ points unless you got at least one question correct. I don't know if that rule still applies today

Yeah that's is still the rule. Must answer one or more to complete your game on your card.

Quote:
So it would take phone users no more than 4-5 questions (on average) to get one question correct instead of answering just one question. But at least it would take a lil' more effort (again, albeit very lil').

Unless they are at one bar and login to another and the lag between the bars gets the smartphone smarties the avantage.

From my experience all you need to do is answer 1 question. It does not matter if you get it right

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:45 pm 
Lotsa Posta

FrankC wrote:
MitchWolf wrote:
poman wrote:

Quote:

From my experience all you need to do is answer 1 question. It does not matter if you get it right

That is correct.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:11 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Generally, if I played remotely, and answered one question incorrectly, I would get credit for a game played, but not always. There was one instance, a Saturday game this past winter, where I logged in, answered five questions for zero points and received no credit for the game. Many will say that's how it should be, and I won't disagree. But BT should at least be consistent.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:41 pm 
Moderating Hobbit

zog741 wrote:
Generally, if I played remotely, and answered one question incorrectly, I would get credit for a game played, but not always. There was one instance, a Saturday game this past winter, where I logged in, answered five questions for zero points and received no credit for the game. Many will say that's how it should be, and I won't disagree. But BT should at least be consistent.

-- RWM

I think as far as cards go, the only game where you have to get the answer right or wrong (you can't get a 0) is Speed Freaks.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:19 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Dante wrote:
I think as far as cards go, the only game where you have to get the answer right or wrong (you can't get a 0) is Speed Freaks.

I am pretty sure now that the game that was played last winter was Tuned In Trivia. Answered five questions, all incorrectly, and got no credit for it toward the cards, which is not consistent with what normally happens.

As for Speed Freaks, you can answer and get a zero if someone else at that site correctly answers first. But that really wasn't the point of my last post.

-- RWM