New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Reward Cards for March
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:28 pm 
Lotsa Posta

March cards are out, and it doesn't look easy. While there are only 4 cards to complete in one month, and 3 of them require 4 games, all the cards center around 4 games. Lots of BT and CD, but to go along with their March theme they put in 5 topix and all 4 Trendalicious. No regular premium games. I'm hiping to have cards 1 & 2 done today thursday 3/4. After that go on fridays when I can, and spend all 4 passes

Post subject: Re: Reward Cards for March
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:00 am 

I finished cards 1 and 2 tonight. I'll finish card 3 tomorrow night leaving 3 weeks for card 4. I should not require any passes.

No matter how hard you push the envelope, it's still stationery.
Edit/Delete Message

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:35 am 
Lotsa Posta

I too did 1 and 2 tonight. might try 3 Friday, but depends on wife who isn't a trivia-a-holic like I am. She'd rather go out and dance the night fandago

sigis wrote:
I finished cards 1 and 2 tonight. I'll finish card 3 tomorrow night leaving 3 weeks for card 4. I should not require any passes.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:42 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

This set of cards is too heavy on Topix and the junk that is replacing the 9:00 PM CST Countdown. I'm not going to get very excited about it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:05 pm 
Lotsa Posta

I'm not going to be able to play tonight. Wife wants to hook up with friends who aren't trivia geeks. So, I need to use at least one pass. Probably will use all four, but not sure if I can finish the 4th card.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:43 pm 

Finished card 3 tonight, three and a half weeks to finish card 4. Planning to do it without using a pass.

Edit/Delete Message

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:24 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Looking at the weather forecast for the week, it appears that I'll finish card 4 this week, using all my passes. Going to Winchester for the annual March Madness triviafest next week, so it will probably be best that I've completed the cards by then, since I may not make it to 8:30 any of those night...EGADS!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:12 pm 
Octogenarian

I'm on Card 4...I passed "Trendalicious" on Card 3 and will probably pass two of the three on Card 4 and one of the Topix on card 4...they seem very easy to complete....

Will have mine done March 19....March 18 is College movies Topix & March 19 Trendalicious is 90's movies....I think those are the only two games (other than maybe mascots) I have a chance of doing well with...I figure if I have to play a trendalicious, at least play a topic I *LIKE*

BTW...does anyone out there know if Trend is 10Q/15min or 15Q/30min game?? I assume it is a half hour game....appreciate the info...thanks!

"I Just Smoked Your @$$!!!" (Jes. 4:20)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:33 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Trend is 15Q/30min...just like the other Topix games. Good luck! If we decide to use the passes...we'll be done on Thursday with this set of cards.

Jesse wrote:
BTW...does anyone out there know if Trend is 10Q/15min or 15Q/30min game?? I assume it is a half hour game....appreciate the info...thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:29 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

The overemphasis on Trendalicious and Topix makes this the least fun of the challenges so far, mostly because we have to spend days just waiting for those two games to come up again. I'm doing it because by using the passes, I won't have to play any more than I normally would, which negates what I assume to be the purpose of the whole thing of encouraging people to get out and play on nights when they otherwise would not. On the other challenges, we made a special effort to go out on some Thursdays and a couple of times I played Appeteaser's for the sole purpose of not having to use passes.

I hope the reward cards for April return to the original concept.

Brooke/AARDVK

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:59 pm 

I am down to two trendalicious games to go without using a pass yet. Since I usually play Friday night I lilely won't use one.

Edit/Delete Message

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:00 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

sigis wrote:
I am down to two trendalicious games to go without using a pass yet. Since I usually play Friday night I lilely won't use one.

I am down to one CD game on card four which I will complete on Tuesday. I used my four passes on Topix and Trend because it is unlikely I will make it out on Thursday and Friday the rest of the month. These March cards were fairly easy to do.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:20 am 

FrankC wrote:
sigis wrote:

I am down to one CD game on card four which I will complete on Tuesday. I used my four passes on Topix and Trend because it is unlikely I will make it out on Thursday and Friday the rest of the month. These March cards were fairly easy to do.

Agreed, if you were careful and made it over the first two in time to get the first trendalicious game.

Edit/Delete Message