New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Finished card 8 thread
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:13 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

There is an over-abundance of Speeds on the Cards including 2 on Card 16. This makes it tough for people that are scrambling to finish them especially if they are out of passes. I don't mind multiple games when there are a couple per week but to have to wait a week to even have a chance, is a little unfair. I am ahead of it but other people are not.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:24 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

I'm on card 6 and out of passes. Have the three Friday night specialty games remaining.

I'm done for this set. Can't play tonight and its not worth dodging the promised street protests and police action next Friday just for 7,500 points and the remote chance at a $50 prize.

At least I have a great view of the $1,000,000,000 in security expenses from my office window :(

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:02 pm 
Lotsa Posta

scar wrote:
Finished 5 at lunch, lot of games on 6 including the SPEED Lewser referenced.

any passes left?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:12 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

stevej84 wrote:
I'm on card 6 and out of passes. Have the three Friday night specialty games remaining.

I'm done for this set. Can't play tonight and its not worth dodging the promised street protests and police action next Friday just for 7,500 points and the remote chance at a $50 prize.
Well, let's take a lil look here... Image

After dragging myself out yesterday to bang away at Lunchtime Trivia to finish Card 13 and start Card 14 (departing just after seeing that seemingly hapless french goalie get faked out of his pants for the second time Image), I still have two passes left. By the end of next Wednesday's play I should have only Nth Degree left, and as of now I plan to use a pass on that to finish Card 14.

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:18 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

MiniYoda wrote:
scar wrote:

any passes left?

I had to use most of my passes on games I played and then never got credit for it. This happened so many times I can't even count. BT has been notified of this problem of boards not showing up during games, when this happens you have already missed the 1st 5, 6, or even an entire round before you notice that you aren't on the screen (and it never shows you played the game even though you accumulate a score-this is only the premium games). I notice my name isn't up there, I am going the fuck home-I am not wasting anymore of my time just so I can get a sh!t score, or just to answer ONE question to get credit for the game. BT has known about this issue for a while, just like lag, they can't fix either.

BTW. You can't just answer one question of Speed and leave, you have to answer a question correct.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:43 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

The Trendalicious crap is what's bothering me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:14 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

tchoiniere wrote:
There is an over-abundance of Speeds on the Cards including 2 on Card 16. This makes it tough for people that are scrambling to finish them especially if they are out of passes. I don't mind multiple games when there are a couple per week but to have to wait a week to even have a chance, is a little unfair. I am ahead of it but other people are not.

Because of the the two Speed games on card 16, I won't be able to finish card 16. I will finish card 15 this Wednesday or Friday with Speed Freaks game. I had intended to knock off card 15 last Friday, but I ended up with other obligations.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:38 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

MiniYoda wrote:
scar wrote:

any passes left?

I have 4 passes and 9 games left on card 6.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:47 pm 
Himself Fodder

lewser wrote:
I have enjoyed there being a fucking SPEED game on nearly every card. While STC got 2 games through 16 cards and SIQ got zero.

Well why should SIQ be on there? After all, it's not REALLY a premium game. :twisted:

BO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:44 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Finished Card 8 today. I may be able to get through Card 11.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:02 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I finished Card 15 on Friday. Obviously, I will not be finishing Card 16, since I used up my passes weeks ago. I see from the BT website that the Cards will be issued on a monthly basis during the Summer.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:53 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I'll finish card 12 this week. No chance on 13 since I only have two passes left.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:58 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

liljol wrote:
After dragging myself out yesterday to bang away at Lunchtime Trivia to finish Card 13 and start Card 14 (departing just after seeing that seemingly hapless french goalie get faked out of his pants for the second time Image), I still have two passes left. By the end of next Wednesday's play I should have only Nth Degree left, and as of now I plan to use a pass on that to finish Card 14.
Well, after further review, as of today I'm about to complete Card 15 Tuesday after Speed. :o To say the least, I had more than a lil deuce of a time getting through both Tuned In and the first round of Playback this past Saturday, after running into a most unexpected event at one of the sites in The (Just Plain Old) Site-Poor Backyard not far from my humble lil abode. :roll:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:56 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Finished Card 16 last night...EGADS!!!

I turned into a major pain in the arse to complete 16, but after putting in 3 months worth of effort, I was determined to complete them all.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:55 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

This issue happens with Showdown and Speed on Tuesday nights. A simple workaround to get credit for your game and get on the leaderboard is to switch over to the other network (Cards or Sports) and switch back to trivia. While this may be a minor inconvience to the player, it will get you credit for the game and on the leaderboard until BT fixes the bug.

lewser wrote:
I had to use most of my passes on games I played and then never got credit for it. This happened so many times I can't even count. BT has been notified of this problem of boards not showing up during games, when this happens you have already missed the 1st 5, 6, or even an entire round before you notice that you aren't on the screen (and it never shows you played the game even though you accumulate a score-this is only the premium games). I notice my name isn't up there, I am going the fuck home-I am not wasting anymore of my time just so I can get a sh!t score, or just to answer ONE question to get credit for the game. BT has known about this issue for a while, just like lag, they can't fix either.

BTW. You can't just answer one question of Speed and leave, you have to answer a question correct.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:34 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

UCFHCY wrote:
This issue happens with Showdown and Speed on Tuesday nights. A simple workaround to get credit for your game and get on the leaderboard is to switch over to the other network (Cards or Sports) and switch back to trivia. While this may be a minor inconvience to the player, it will get you credit for the game and on the leaderboard until BT fixes the bug.

According to BT this problem was "fixed."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:44 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

I never heard from BT that the issue was "fixed."...though I haven't been diligent in following up since I knew of a workaround. Maybe one day...

lewser wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:01 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

UCFHCY wrote:
I never heard from BT that the issue was "fixed."...though I haven't been diligent in following up since I knew of a workaround. Maybe one day...

lewser wrote:

From the BT website:

Quote:
Changes and Fixes on 3/9/10:

Issue was fixed where some players don't show up on leaderboards during Grasp games (i.e. Showdown & Speed).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:11 pm 
Himself Fodder

Considering the problem still exists, although in much lesser numbers, it's definitely not fixed.

BO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:14 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Thought you all were talking about a recent fix. I told KK almost immediately after the 3/9 fix came out that the error still existed. With the workaround...I didn't worry about it anymore. Thanks for the info Steve.

stevej84 wrote:
From the BT website:

Quote:
Changes and Fixes on 3/9/10:

Issue was fixed where some players don't show up on leaderboards during Grasp games (i.e. Showdown & Speed).