New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: July, 2010 month's cards
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:20 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Yes...month. Not months. Looks like they will reset the cards every month this summer

http://buzztime.com/player-reward-card-july-2010

one month to complete as many cards as you can. If set up right, 8 cards will be possible, especially with 5 passes that they offer. As soon as I see them Thursday, I'll analyze things and determine what it will take to complete all 8 without passes.

Post subject: Re: July, 2010 month's cards
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:28 am 
Lotsa Posta

YEA!!!!!!!! Only 3 cards to finish for the month of July, not 8 like I feared. Buzztime must think people go on vacation in July or something.

Card 1 - "Dive in".
2 of 4 games are "daily" games, two are specialty, Trendalicious and Topix. This is a Friday July 2nd card unless you use a pass and finish it today.

Card 2 - "Soak up".
3 of 9 games are "daily" games.
Six is a Wednesday or Thursday, Topix is Thursday or Friday, Speed Freaks is Wednesday or Friday, Sports Trivia Challenge is Monday, Playback is Saturday, and yep...Trendalicious shows up again. This is the second week of July card.

Card 3 - "Pile on the points"
2 of the 16 games are "daily" games
Nothing on Monday. All 4 Tuesday premium games are on this card (Glory Daze, Brainbuster, Showdown and Speed). Lexitopia and Pastimes are Wednesday-only games, while Immortal Words is a Thursday-only game. Six is a Wednesday or Thursday game, and Topix is a Thursday or Friday game. Spotlight is a Friday game. Speed Freaks is a Wednesday or Friday game. And yes.....not one, not two, but THREE Trendalicious Trivia games. This would be a one-week card too, if it weren't for Trendalicious.

I looked and there are 5 Trendalicious games needed to complete all 3 cards, and there are 6 Trendalicious games in July (Friday July 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30, and Saturday 24th). No Lunchtime trivia, and nothing on Sundays (sorry SIQ fans). Should be no problem for people to finish all three cards, especially if you use passes for one Trend game. Mathematically, you could complete all three in the first half of the month, and do a second round of 3 cards on the second half of the month on a different Buzztime account (but no one has more than one account, do we?)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:04 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Thanks for the overview of the cards. If you use a pass on Trendalicious on card 1, you can complete card 2 on Monday 7/5, and card 3 on Friday 7/9...using passes for 2 of the 3 Trendalicious games. I'm calling it a month on Friday 7/9 after using 3 passes 8-)

MiniYoda wrote:
YEA!!!!!!!! Only 3 cards to finish for the month of July, not 8 like I feared. Buzztime must think people go on vacation in July or something.

Card 1 - "Dive in".
2 of 4 games are "daily" games, two are specialty, Trendalicious and Topix. This is a Friday July 2nd card unless you use a pass and finish it today.

Card 2 - "Soak up".
3 of 9 games are "daily" games.
Six is a Wednesday or Thursday, Topix is Thursday or Friday, Speed Freaks is Wednesday or Friday, Sports Trivia Challenge is Monday, Playback is Saturday, and yep...Trendalicious shows up again. This is the second week of July card.

Card 3 - "Pile on the points"
2 of the 16 games are "daily" games
Nothing on Monday. All 4 Tuesday premium games are on this card (Glory Daze, Brainbuster, Showdown and Speed). Lexitopia and Pastimes are Wednesday-only games, while Immortal Words is a Thursday-only game. Six is a Wednesday or Thursday game, and Topix is a Thursday or Friday game. Spotlight is a Friday game. Speed Freaks is a Wednesday or Friday game. And yes.....not one, not two, but THREE Trendalicious Trivia games. This would be a one-week card too, if it weren't for Trendalicious.

I looked and there are 5 Trendalicious games needed to complete all 3 cards, and there are 6 Trendalicious games in July (Friday July 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30, and Saturday 24th). No Lunchtime trivia, and nothing on Sundays (sorry SIQ fans). Should be no problem for people to finish all three cards, especially if you use passes for one Trend game. Mathematically, you could complete all three in the first half of the month, and do a second round of 3 cards on the second half of the month on a different Buzztime account (but no one has more than one account, do we?)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:07 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, five passes to complete twenty-nine games seems to be way more than enough. :roll:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:45 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

It's nice to see that they have the cards out on the first of the month. The last few times it's taken them until the thrid or fourth.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:12 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

Bonzo wrote:
It's nice to see that they have the cards out on the first of the month. The last few times it's taken them until the thrid or fourth.

But it doesn't look like the passes are available yet. Or is that becuase you have to have played one of the games for the passes to be initialized ?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:22 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Yeah...you have to play a game in order for the passes to show up.

scar wrote:
But it doesn't look like the passes are available yet. Or is that becuase you have to have played one of the games for the passes to be initialized ?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:28 pm 
Joke Throw

UCFHCY wrote:

scar wrote:

Are we sure that we'll get 5 passes??

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:45 pm 
Lotsa Posta

vapid wrote:
UCFHCY wrote:

scar wrote:

Are we sure that we'll get 5 passes??

yep...and just used one

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:26 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Kudos to BT for getting the games lists out promptly.

And a sound flogging for not telling us how many PP points are awarded while providing information on the useless trinkets we can "win."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:01 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

ranger wrote:
And a sound flogging for not telling us how many PP points are awarded while providing information on the useless trinkets we can "win."

You are complaining about completely worthless P+ points, and call iTouches useless trinkets?

Does anybody know the current street value of P+ points?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:37 am 
Himself Fodder

lewser wrote:
You are complaining about completely worthless P+ points, and call iTouches useless trinkets?

Of course. Isn't that what button pushers always do? Button pushers don't actually read the questions, they don't actually care about their score, they certainly don't care about winning because they never do, they actually know next to nothing about trivia, and they certainly have no chance in hell of winning skill prizes. But they sure are top notch at occupying a bar stool for the sole purpose of racking up..... nothing actually.

How in the holy hell can people play trivia day after day and still suck? And still think it's fun?

On a side note, looks like every specialty prime time game is represented. Except SIQ. What a fucking surprise. Well, perhaps not, after all it's not like it's listed in the HOF.

But as I've always said, these cards are a thing of genius. It gets people out to play a lot more than they would.

BO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:53 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I hope that there are 5 passes.

I'd also like to know P+P. Since I never win anything, it's about all I get out of the Cards.

Other than the satisfaction of pushing buttons.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:56 am 
Lord of Scaratings

lewser wrote:
ranger wrote:

Last I heard was Jesse paying $200 for Litl E's 2.9 million.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:50 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

scar wrote:

Are you fucking kidding me? I have never heard of something so pathetic, until now.

Is there a market for 33 million points? How about 6 more between 5-6 million?

I am really just shaking my head in utter disbelief.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:19 pm 
Himself Fodder

lewser wrote:
scar wrote:

Are you fucking kidding me? I have never heard of something so pathetic, until now.

Seeing as how Scar's statement was so outlandish, I immediately assumed it was said in jest. If it's actually true, that would be quite....... something.

BO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:30 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

lewser wrote:
scar wrote:

Nope, not kidding. This goes back a number of years ago, about 10 million players plus for me.

Cloudy read on Buzztime's site that you could lose your players plus points for multiple handles, of which he had some.

He called up Buzztime and got them to fold them all into the Cloudy account, adding millions to his total.

Jesse at that time was about 2 or 3 hundred thousand players plus points ahead of me. One day I checked the site and Jesse was suddenly 3 million ahead. I asked him what he did, he said his girl friend had been out of town and "he had played a lot".

I said wow, 6 milliton to 9 million, that's amazing. Later I noticed Litl E playing under a new name. He said he wanted a new one. I checked and his handle had disappeared from BW Springhurst. Later I heard Jesse had paid Steve 200 bucks.

Jess denied this for years. Last year he finally admitted to paying Litl E for his points, but still alleges that his points weren't combined.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:33 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

-BO- wrote:
lewser wrote:
scar wrote:

Seeing as how Scar's statement was so outlandish, I immediately assumed it was said in jest. If it's actually true, that would be quite....... something.

BO

The Truth is stranger than fiction.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:57 pm 
Himself Fodder

scar wrote:

Strange is not the word I would use. But since I'm in a good mood, and the fact this is your site and your friends we are discussing, I'll just leave it at that.

And people think I'm odd for actually studying trivia.

BO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 3:04 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

-BO- wrote:
scar wrote:

Strange is not the word I would use. But since I'm in a good mood, and the fact this is your site and your friends we are discussing, I'll just leave it at that.

BO

Jesse can be somewhat different.

But he is my friend, so I appreciate your forbearance. You'd have a greater insight if you met him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:03 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I can vouch that JESSE's a good guy. A bit misunderstood, perhaps. (Quite a bit, actually). But what trivia player isn't? :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:52 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

scar wrote:
-BO- wrote:
scar wrote:

BO

Jesse can be somewhat different.

But he is my friend, so I appreciate your forbearance. You'd have a greater insight if you met him.

I would not say that Jesse is "somewhat different". I would say that he is unique. I have met him twice and he was an instant friend.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:14 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

UCFHCY wrote:
Thanks for the overview of the cards. If you use a pass on Trendalicious on card 1, you can complete card 2 on Monday 7/5, and card 3 on Friday 7/9...using passes for 2 of the 3 Trendalicious games. I'm calling it a month on Friday 7/9 after using 3 passes 8-)

I finished card 2 yesterday. I may finish card 3 this coming Friday, but no big deal if I miss by a week or two.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:06 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

FrankC wrote:
UCFHCY wrote:

I finished card 2 yesterday. I may finish card 3 this coming Friday, but no big deal if I miss by a week or two.

The cards and players plus points are the only individual stats currently working.

The detailed gameplay data including top 100's, medals and local wins is not.

At least the game data for premium games (other that SIQ) is still being published in the Hall of Fame

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:33 pm 
Lord of Scaratings

poman wrote:
I can vouch that JESSE's a good guy. A bit misunderstood, perhaps. (Quite a bit, actually). But what trivia player isn't? :lol:

Well said.