New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: August 2010 Reward Cards
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:28 am 
Lotsa Posta

Info should come out tomorrow, but I saw something on Buzztime about the prizes. They've changed the stuff you can win. They dropped the iPod Touch (retail value of cheapest model is $200) and changed it to an iPod Nano (retail valueof cheapest model is $150). They kept the 10 t-shirts, but changed the 10 beach towels to 10 $25 gift cards. I'll post an analysis of the cards tomorrow, or as soon as they come out.

Post subject: Re: August 2010 Reward Cards
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:37 am 
Octogenarian

MiniYoda wrote:
Info should come out tomorrow, but I saw something on Buzztime about the prizes. They've changed the stuff you can win. They dropped the iPod Touch (retail value of cheapest model is $200) and changed it to an iPod Nano (retail valueof cheapest model is $150). They kept the 10 t-shirts, but changed the 10 beach towels to 10 $25 gift cards. I'll post an analysis of the cards tomorrow, or as soon as they come out.

Kinda makes ya want to go out and play,does'nt it? :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:15 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Prolly when I do go out and play, the cards will show up on my pro. I guess they put a Lunchtime and SIQ in first card just to get us to play today. :lol: :evil:

I ask my card enthusiast when he arrives at Hooters.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:18 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Can't believe it. NOTHING!!!!!!!

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:44 am 
Lotsa Posta

I figured they would wait until around 7am or 8am EDT, and not in the middle of the day when some time zones have games and some don't. Still nothing yet as of Monday early morning.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:38 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

More likely, the new game will be posted when BT staff has reported to work; about 9 AM PDT or noon EDT.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:10 am 
Joke Throw

Um, still waiting.. :evil: Played a few BT games yesterday. Hopefully if the 1st card has one, I got that one out of the way.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:32 am 
Lotsa Posta

vapid wrote:
Um, still waiting.. :evil: Played a few BT games yesterday. Hopefully if the 1st card has one, I got that one out of the way.

Probably games won't count until the cards come out. As of 12:30pm EDT, no cards are out yet.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:45 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

MiniYoda wrote:
Probably games won't count until the cards come out. As of 12:30pm EDT, no cards are out yet.

Ah, go take another look. ;)

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:55 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

They're up. Card 1 is Buzztime, Countdown, Brainbuster, Showdown. No sports games or games exclusive to Wednesday night on any of the cards.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:01 pm 
Himself Fodder

Two things, one good, one bad.

1, August cards start with Tuesday games, as usual, they have been planned out quite well.

2, SIQ is once again not on the cards, Neither is STC. Total bullshit as usual. And Playback is on there three times! THREE FUCKING TIMES!

All we want is equality amongst the games as well as the subject matter. But no, we get pop culture shoved up our asses 24/7.

BO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:02 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Bonzo wrote:
They're up. Card 1 is Buzztime, Countdown, Brainbuster, Showdown. No sports games or games exclusive to Wednesday night on any of the cards.

Ah, there seems to be one Pastimes included in Card 3. :roll:

Those that whined about five Trendalicious games in July should be overjoyed to find that only three are included for August. :lol:

And, there are also five Topix and three Playback games. :|

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

Last edited by liljol on Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:28 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:

2, SIQ is once again not on the cards, Neither is STC. Total bullshit as usual. And Playback is on there three times! THREE FUCKING TIMES!

Well, that's still better than the 5 Trendalicious games you had to play last month.

The 3 Playback games might have to something to do with the Playback promotion this month. (I didn't even know about it until someone in the bar mentioned it this past Saturday).

https://www.buzztime.com/playback-music ... ugust-2010

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:22 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Meh at least they are scaling back the Trendalicious mandate for those who care about these things, even if thety are adding a bunch of Playbacks instead. Obviously we're never going to get away from the pop culture forcefeeding with this management and question writing group. At least that game has a unique format and runs earlier. I suspect when I get around to caring I will kill three of one and two of the other and then just stay for one PB question on a rare Saturday night visit sometime in August.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:42 pm 
Lotsa Posta

Looks like I'm going to be one of the first to burn a pass. Son's football practice is 6:30 to 8 tomorrow, so I won't have time to drop him off and make it to the bar to play BrainBusters. I should have time to get Showdown though.

Should be an interesting month. We can finish cards 1 and 2 this week, and card 3 next week if passes are used

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:05 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Should finish card 1 tomorrow night (8/3/10), card 2 Saturday 8/7/10, and card 3 on Friday 8/13/10...using your 5 passes on the 2 Trendalicious, 2 Playback, and Spotlight for card 3.

Bonzo wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:15 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

UCFHCY wrote:
Should finish card 1 tomorrow night (8/3/10), card 2 Saturday 8/7/10, and card 3 on Friday 8/13/10...using your 5 passes on the 2 Trendalicious, 2 Playback, and Spotlight for card 3.

Bonzo wrote:

Sincere question not a gibe - why is the timing important when we have all month?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:51 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I just looked and I've now gotten credit for the Buzztime and Countdown game I played yesterday.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:47 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

I like to get the cards done as quickly as possible so I can relax the rest of the month. Funny thing is unless it's STC or SIQ or I need it for a card, I don't go out and play trivia like I did before the cards.

Correction to card 3 as there is no bonus Topix game on Mondays (Extreme Sports is Trendalicious)...use your passes on 1 Topix, 2 Trendalicious, and 2 Playback games...and you'll be done on Friday 8/13/10.

Rhino wrote:
Sincere question not a gibe - why is the timing important when we have all month?