New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 16 cards - December 31
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:13 pm 
Centenarian

Looks like 16 cards though the end or the year.
You can do the first card today.

Post subject: Re: 16 cards - December 31
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:34 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

[Insert BO's no Sports Trivia / Sports IQ rant here :lol: ]

But I actually do agree with him. The cards get players to play buzztime games that they normally wouldn't play. Sports Trivia and Sports IQ are buzztime's least played premium games. The cards could help drive more players to those games. They certainly used the cards to launch the drive to play Trendalicious. It's baffling why they don't do the same thing for the sports games.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:42 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

STC is on card 16. You can be on card 4 by halftime of the 1:00 game on Sunday afternoon...or earlier if you have a late Saturday night. 10 passes for this set of cards...which will not show up until you've played your first game on card 1.

poman wrote:

But I actually do agree with him. The cards get players to play buzztime games that they normally wouldn't play. Sports Trivia and Sports IQ are buzztime's least played premium games. The cards could help drive more players to those games. They certainly used the cards to launch the drive to play Trendalicious. It's baffling why they don't do the same thing for the sports games.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:45 pm 
Himself Fodder

poman wrote:

Well, there is a valid reason (this time) why SIQ is not on the list. It's because QB1 screws up the ability to play the game during NFL season. Of course there is no valid reason why STC is on there only once.

How many times is Trendafuckinglicious Triva on the cards?

I'm fairly certain MaryC came up with the cards, and it was a brilliant idea. That being said, it would make sense she has been the one putting the games together, and I'd really love to know why there is so much disparity in various game representation.

BO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:35 am 
Lotsa Posta

Finally, today, I finish card 16. Had to spend all my passes, which I'm not proud of. Wife finishes hers Saturday.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:52 am 
Golden Tee Master

-BO- wrote:

I'm fairly certain MaryC came up with the cards, and it was a brilliant idea. That being said, it would make sense she has been the one putting the games together, and I'd really love to know why there is so much disparity in various game representation.

BO

Actually Scar came up with the idea. I doubt Buzztime ever gave him credit for it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:18 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Well, my ability to finish card #16 rests on whether there will be places open for trivia on Xmas Eve and Day. And one of the bartenders at Rookies said (unofficially) that they will open at 8 p.m. on Xmas, so I should be okay there. In either case I have to use my last pass for Speed to have any chance of finishing, so my biggest gripe is having two of the same once-a-week game put on the same card. :(

Having STC on a card does nothing for me. I rarely play trivia on Monday, and I'm not much of a sports fan, so I for one would rather play Trendalicious, although I fail to see it as much more than Topix with different graphics. Oh, well. :)

-- RWM

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:43 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

If people finish card 16 this time around - more power to them!

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:43 pm 
Centenarian

I will finish before the 12/31 end time, I will get tues. night done this week and have the option to get wed/thurs card lineup this week or wait until next week, probably will split wed.this week and thurs. next week, will get 2nd speed 12/28 already used my last 2 :D passes on playback and sports trivia. So unless for an unforseen circumstance I will finish all cards this time.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:18 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

richte09 wrote:
I will finish before the 12/31 end time, I will get tues. night done this week and have the option to get wed/thurs card lineup this week or wait until next week, probably will split wed.this week and thurs. next week, will get 2nd speed 12/28 already used my last 2 :D passes on playback and sports trivia. So unless for an unforseen circumstance I will finish all cards this time.

I did not finish the cards, but I got an Email a couple of days ago informing me that I won a prize which they will send to me in a few days. I think it is a shirt.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:59 am 
Lotsa Posta

FrankC wrote:
richte09 wrote:

I did not finish the cards, but I got an Email a couple of days ago informing me that I won a prize which they will send to me in a few days. I think it is a shirt.

congrads

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:15 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I finished all 16 cards and won nothing (which is what I expected.)

(This season I'm way behind thanks to this crappy weather!)

-- RWM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:18 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

zog741 wrote:

-- RWM

Easy solution - buy a droid or iphone. Download the app and log in from home..works great.

Or move to FL...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:52 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I miss the days when prizes were awarded for skill. Instead of blind draw..

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:09 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

tchoiniere wrote:
zog741 wrote:

-- RWM

Easy solution - buy a droid or iphone. Download the app and log in from home..works great.

Or move to FL...

Tim,

I bought a droid a couple of weeks ago. :) I downloaded the Playmaker app last week, and advanced my card with it. (In my opinion, this is against the "spirit of the game.")

Florida is okay, but not really my cup of tea. Seattle or Portland appeal to me more. Maybe in five or ten years...

-- RWM

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:42 pm 
Himself Fodder

lewser wrote:
I miss the days when prizes were awarded for skill. Instead of blind draw..

How else would the P+ whore hack monkeys win anything?

I still laugh remembering the droves of hack monkeys calling NTN to complain about the same people winning all the prizes. And laugh even harder remembering the phone call from an NTN employee asking my opinion of the upcoming rule change to satisfy the ignorant masses.

Good times for sure.

BO