New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Spring Fling Cards
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:53 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

The next set of cards is out. As before, there are 16 cards...10 passes. The passes will not show up until you complete your first game on card 1 (Buzztime Trivia, Countdown, Spotlight, and Trendalicious). You can complete card one tonight, card 2 tomorrow night (2 Buzztime Trivia, Countdown, and Tuned In). Looking at all the cards, there are no duplicate premium games (2 Showdown) as there were in the last batch (though there are 2 Speed Freaks...but that game is on Wednesdays and Fridays). There are only 6 Trendalicious games for this batch. And make sure Bo is sitting down on this one as it's a real shocker :o :o :o :o :o :o :o There is one Sports Trivia Challenge game on card 16. SIQ does not appear at all. Grab some popcorn and cue Bo :evil: :evil: :evil: in 3...2...1...

Post subject: Re: Spring Fling Cards
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:42 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

I only glanced at the first few cards, but it appears that in one week, I could be on Card #6, if I “play my cards right” (sorry).

The situation with the sports themed games seems similar to prior seasons - one STC, no SIQ. Since I usually don't play Sunday or Monday, this doesn't really affect me.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:02 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

UCFHCY wrote:
The next set of cards is out. As before, there are 16 cards...10 passes. The passes will not show up until you complete your first game on card 1 (Buzztime Trivia, Countdown, Spotlight, and Trendalicious). You can complete card one tonight, card 2 tomorrow night (2 Buzztime Trivia, Countdown, and Tuned In). Looking at all the cards, there are no duplicate premium games (2 Showdown) as there were in the last batch (though there are 2 Speed Freaks...but that game is on Wednesdays and Fridays). There are only 6 Trendalicious games for this batch. And make sure Bo is sitting down on this one as it's a real shocker :o :o :o :o :o :o :o There is one Sports Trivia Challenge game on card 16. SIQ does not appear at all. Grab some popcorn and cue Bo :evil: :evil: :evil: in 3...2...1...

So let the games begin yet again!

Occassional Haunt - Jax Tavern, Forest Park, OH

And the answer is......4?? 42....the answer to life, the universe and everything

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:06 am 
Himself Fodder

UCFHCY wrote:
And make sure Bo is sitting down on this one as it's a real shocker :o :o :o :o :o :o :o There is one Sports Trivia Challenge game on card 16. SIQ does not appear at all. Grab some popcorn and cue Bo :evil: :evil: :evil: in 3...2...1...

The thought is certainly appreciated. I plan on sending my Rogaine bills to BT seeing as how it's their fault I need the stuff.

BO

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:23 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

UCFHCY wrote:
There is one Sports Trivia Challenge game on card 16. SIQ does not appear at all.

<--making note to self to save a pass... :lol:

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:59 pm 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

I may not work very hard at this one.

One thing I have decided, however, is that I will never answer another Trendalicious question. They came up with this lame game and keep trying to ram it down our throats. I've had enough.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:43 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

ranger wrote:
One thing I have decided, however, is that I will never answer another Trendalicious question. They came up with this lame game and keep trying to ram it down our throats. I've had enough.

WHAT??? NOT EVEN FOR THOSE VALUABLE P+ POINTS??? Image

Image Image

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:56 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

ranger wrote:
They came up with this lame game and keep trying to ram it down our throats.

Charles, I said in the April Trendalicious post that the game is mainly to get more women to play. They need more games at 10e/7p on the other nights.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:41 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

zog741 wrote:
I only glanced at the first few cards, but it appears that in one week, I could be on Card #6, if I “play my cards right” (sorry).

The situation with the sports themed games seems similar to prior seasons - one STC, no SIQ. Since I usually don't play Sunday or Monday, this doesn't really affect me.

-- RWM

The way it is going I should be on card 6 by Friday.

" Don't look back, The bastards might be gaining on you." - Satchel Paige

Frank

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:13 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

MitchWolf wrote:
ranger wrote:
They came up with this lame game and keep trying to ram it down our throats.

Charles, I said in the April Trendalicious post that the game is mainly to get more women to play. They need more games at 10e/7p on the other nights.

I don't have a problem with having a game for women, but why use it so heavily on the cards? That's what I meant about ramming it down our throats.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:39 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

WINNER LIST IS OUT

http://www.buzztime.com/player-reward-card-spring-fling-2011/contest-winners.html

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:28 pm 
Himself Fodder

MitchWolf wrote:

That little cheating bitch GOOGIE (elzar, cukoo) won not once but twice? Oh that's fucking fair considering she never actually plays. Of course a $50 gift card and a BT sweatshirt isn't really a real prize, but it probably is to a nobody like her. Would be interesting to see how many iPhone logins it took to win that massive bounty. She could win a $50 gift card every quarter for 100 years and it wouldn't match the total of some real players in one game of BT.

I'll make time this weekend to point out to BT in detail what people are doing in regards to cheating cards, games, and visiting locations.

I would love to see the look on her face when she can't login from home anymore.

BO

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:17 pm 
Colt

-BO- wrote:
MitchWolf wrote:

That little cheating bitch GOOGIE (elzar, cukoo) won not once but twice? Oh that's fucking fair considering she never actually plays. Of course a $50 gift card and a BT sweatshirt isn't really a real prize, but it probably is to a nobody like her. Would be interesting to see how many iPhone logins it took to win that massive bounty. She could win a $50 gift card every quarter for 100 years and it wouldn't match the total of some real players in one game of BT.

I'll make time this weekend to point out to BT in detail what people are doing in regards to cheating cards, games, and visiting locations.

I would love to see the look on her face when she can't login from home anymore.

BO

Congratulations GOOGIE! Spend your ill-gotten gift cards well. Ugh.

Last edited by bacho on Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:21 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

Congratulations to all the winners. And enough with all the trash talk.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:01 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I'm rooting for you BO, to articulate it well and fight the good fight for game integrity.

It may all be just a game but any good game needs integrity.

This Scaratings community interests me if it becomes the house for game integrity, the place for debate on what that means, and the place to stay posted on it. Otherwise, it doesn't.

Greetings all!

thatwhalesguy Chris

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:08 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Yes, any good game needs integrity. But no discussion forum needs blatent insults.

Ask ten trivia players what "cheating" is and you'll get ten different answers. Some players regard team play of any form as cheating; most probably don't. Some players regard "borging" as legitamite play, while most seem to regard that as cheating. As for logging into remote sites, again I don't think you'll get a consensus as to its legitamacy.

Besides, the prizes are awarded by Buzztime under their rules, not BO's and not anyone elses. This cards promotion has been in place for about two years now if not more. We have all had the chance to advise Buzztime of any flaws to their competition. Did they listen? Maybe, but probably not (except for TomD). Either way, the Spring Fling promotion is now water under the bridge. It's over. Congratulations to all those who won.

Moving forward, we know that there are flaws in Buzztimes games, promotions, etc., but as avid trivia players, we play anyway. All we can really do is bring those flaws to Buzztime's attention when we see them, and hope they address it. But nothing will be accomplished by insulting other forum members.

-- RWM

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:34 am 
Himself Fodder

zog741 wrote:
Yes, any good game needs integrity. But no discussion forum needs blatent insults.

You're ugly :D

Quote:
Besides, the prizes are awarded by Buzztime under their rules, not BO's and not anyone elses.

OK. For the big Six competition I'm using 5 iPhones, logging into whatever site I choose, getting a perfect location score every game and winning a big portion of $25k.

This is no better or worse than what is described above as BT's rules are usually identical for all promotions.

BO