New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sports IQ moved to 7:30????
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:47 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I thought this year we might avoid the usual confusion and snafus that seem to accompany the shifting of the sports games at the start of football season; however this does not appear to be the case. For some reason, Sports IQ aired at 7:30 last night instead of its usual spot at 7:00. This is puzzling for a number or reasons. First, there's no mention of it on the Buzztime's Schedule page, which has done a nice job of outlining all the other scheduling changes taking place. Secondly, the 7:30 start time, if persisted for future weeks, will put it in conflict with QB1 which starts at 8:15; in fact the whole reason it was moved several years ago from 7:30 to 7:00 was to accomodate the earlier kickoff time of Sunday night football went it moved to NBC. Lastly, if this move is being done because of football it makes no sense why it was done this week as the NFL doesn't start until next week.

Post subject: Re: Sports IQ moved to 7:30????
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:14 pm 
Himself Fodder

It just depends which NFL game to conflict with. At 6c it will conflict with the 305/315p kickoffs 99%+ of the time. At 630c it will conflict with the 715c national game 100% of the time. There's no good solution really. My first thought is that it would be better off at 6c to avoid the national game.

Take note that the Sunday and Monday night games will default to QB1 on the trivia channel.

BO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:23 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I imagine the Sunday night Sports IQ was moved back a half-hour because of th NASCAR race, which ultimately was postponed due to rain. I noticed on the infamous channel B they had the Race Day prediction game ( a ridiculous endeavor IMHO), and then the Race Day trivia game going on, so I think it was moved due to the race.

My Sports IQ game was derailed at the most inopportune time last night. My board completely shut down on the 2nd question of the spelling round. By the time I had a new board up and running there went 10 points out the window,(both answers of which I knew). Also made a stupid button pushing error in the matching round costing 4 points in what was a pretty easy roudn last night. So I ended up shooting myself in the foot badly on this one

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:17 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
It just depends which NFL game to conflict with. At 6c it will conflict with the 305/315p kickoffs 99%+ of the time. At 630c it will conflict with the 715c national game 100% of the time. There's no good solution really. My first thought is that it would be better off at 6c to avoid the national game.

Take note that the Sunday and Monday night games will default to QB1 on the trivia channel.

BO

Bet you're happy ..... QB1 for everyone!!!!!!!

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:25 pm 
Himself Fodder

MitchWolf wrote:
-BO- wrote:

BO

It's exactly what it should be. The national games used to draw 20k players, but it's kind of tough to play when nobody knows how to program the system. Now it's back to premium game status just like Showdown or Spotlight, but can still be programmed out if necessary. And yes, there will be some irritated trivia players at BWW's if management is ignorant.

The brilliance is that it's default for every available game at BWW's, which is typically filled with drunk, sports loving dudes. But not at other locations that tend to draw a less redneck crowd. And naturally I'm not saying every BWW is redneck central, or that all trivia players at BWW's are either, rather just making a general statement.

BO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:32 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
MitchWolf wrote:
-BO- wrote:

BO

It's exactly what it should be. The national games used to draw 20k players, but it's kind of tough to play when nobody knows how to program the system. Now it's back to premium game status just like Showdown or Spotlight, but can still be programmed out if necessary. And yes, there will be some irritated trivia players at BWW's if management is ignorant.

The brilliance is that it's default for every available game at BWW's, which is typically filled with drunk, sports loving dudes. But not at other locations that tend to draw a less redneck crowd. And naturally I'm not saying every BWW is redneck central, or that all trivia players at BWW's are either, rather just making a general statement.

BO

BWW near me never programs QB1 on the sports network......Poker players LOVE their poker there.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO