New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: SIQ; 11/28/2011
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:54 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Even though I hated to see STC get canceled. It has brought a welcome joy to my eyes, that iHAQ will never be spotted winning SIQ ever. Because, he is pedestrian at best in Sports Trivia without help from his iPod/Android. So, BT please don't ever sync the spelling round answers. I had a terrible game on monday and still smoked that person by 25 (I have been busy with the new baby to pay much attention to current events).

Same with the person who would smoke the nation in STC (after getting the answers on thursday before the game aired), and struggles mightily in SIQ.

Post subject: Re: SIQ; 11/28/2011
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:13 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

Another crappy score for the iHack, I am so enjoying this.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:10 pm 
Banned (Duplicate Account)

lewser wrote:

Who's is this Ihack you speak of?

Speaking of Hacks, Looking at YOUR Score from your site you got #2 in the Network? But your averages suck in Countdown and Buzztime Trivia THAT are totally pedestrian? I smell fishiness. And total Hypocritical statements leaking from you on a daily basis. Quit your negative rants and say something positive for once.

Don't worry. The TRUTH comes out 1/1/12!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:35 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

The Truth wrote:
Speaking of Hacks, Looking at YOUR Score from your site you got #2 in the Network? But your averages suck in Countdown and Buzztime Trivia THAT are totally pedestrian? I smell fishiness. And total Hypocritical statements leaking from you on a daily basis. Quit your negative rants and say something positive for once.

Say what you will, why wait? My averages in CD and BT do suck, I finished second in SIQ.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:28 am 
Moderating Hobbit

The Truth wrote:
lewser wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:18 am 
Lord or Lady Postsalot

Rather strange conflation here.

Having tepid scores in one game and great ones in another is not only understandable but for most mortals unavoidable. Even widely and duely acclaimed all-rounders like Megumi have their low spots. Most of the rest of us have more glaring weaknesses.

The suspicion generally comes in when a player has wildly convergent averages or rankings on games that require a similar knowledge base. I have no valid opinion on whether somebody cheats on SIQ/STC because I very rarely see the scores and care not a fig for them, but the first thing I'd look for is whether they were very different from each other. A top 10 talent in SIQ should not be in three figures in the STC rankings or vice versa. Similarly a devastating BB wiz should not disappear off the charts at Nth Degree. It maybe gets more understandable, but I likewise raise an eyebrow at eye-popping Lexitopia scores from those with iffy at best Six scores. The subject matter is not the same of course, but you get an expansive vocabulary best from widely diverse reading, and that usually gives a good grounding in broad general knowledge best measured by the latter game.

The second giveaway is huge jumps. When I did play SIQ I bimbled along in the 80s-90s or so. I doubtless would do the same over time if I gave it another shot. A few weeks ago I played with Legend and jumped into the 120+ range. Had I claimed that score as my own, which I surely do not, suspicion of shenanigans would be warranted. People with averages in the 5s who jump to the 9s a few weeks after the phone app is launched should not complain if they become challenged to explain how.

Cheating per se is not something I worry much about except in tournaments. It becomes a bit irksome when people use inflated scores by whatever means to claim personal knowledge (I for example know essentially the same things with "my" 50ish SD ranking that I did with my 250th or so a year ago - I just play with others now who supply the remaining ladder steps. I just don't pretend otherwise) but those who do cheat know they are cheating, and muat live with their own reasons for faking more amassed knowledge than they really have.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:27 pm 
U > 100 * 2

Rhino wrote:
People with averages in the 5s who jump to the 9s a few weeks after the phone app is launched should not complain if they become challenged to explain how.

Or people whose averages in every game double and who begin streaks of 30+ straight Spotlight and Playback final questions gotten for full credit after they install the system in their house.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:17 pm 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Not meaning to hijack this thread because I am already as sick of The Truth as everyone else, but I was wondering if anyone knows when SIQ will switch back to 800 central time slot? There are no more Monday night football games so it could be as soon as January 2nd. There's nothing on the BT schedule though (big surprise), and if I recall correctly last year it took a week or two for the switch to take place? Im assuming right now that the 2nd will still be 630

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:21 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

The Truth wrote:
lewser wrote:

He's an uninformed idiot that clearly draws incorrect conclusions, but I kind of like this guy. He's just got a flair... :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:30 am 
Moderating Hobbit

spotes wrote:
The Truth wrote:
lewser wrote:

He's an uninformed idiot that clearly draws incorrect conclusions, but I kind of like this guy. He's just got a flair... :D