New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 1:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sports IQ 12-5-11
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:52 am 
New Driver

Great game Spotes and the 86th Street crew!! Great score on a fairly tough game in my opinion.

L PATO
Varsity Bar and Grill

Post subject: Re: Sports IQ 12-5-11
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:32 am 
Himself Fodder

Yep, very well done by both teams well out in front. Can't wait to see all the scores in the morning... oh wait, we can't.

I found a way to screw up nearly every question I could the first three rounds, and playing 4 boxes didn't help matters. But no excuses, wouldn't have reached the high 180's regardless.

Round 1: missed Fran the Man

Round 2: slow on Deion and Doc pic, screwed the pooch on the Fitzpatrick and 1, precalled Arizona for some silly reason and didn't even look at the other choices. Had I done so STL probably would have triggered the correct answer. Just stupid.

Round 3: just awful, think high box was 36. Bombed the hockey coach and the F1 driver, stupid bleeding on Matt Leinart.

Round 4: somewhat better, low 30's. Wilma(60), Geiberger(77), Colts(07), Maddux(92) for 5's, Gretzky(87, was slow) and Padres(98) for 4, (69) for 3 possibly, split (01,02 I think) on whatever the other one was.

Round 5: 0 on hockey coaches, seems to be a pattern. (when BT puts SIQ in the HOF I'll probably learn them :D) Nailed the rest thanks to SPOTES teaching me Tommy John has the most wins of those under 300 last year!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:13 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

Agreed...great game! I struggled to a 13th bar average...tough game overall.

L PATO wrote:
Great game Spotes and the 86th Street crew!! Great score on a fairly tough game in my opinion.

Figures...I nailed the hockey coaches but split on the pitchers... :lol:

-BO- wrote:
Round 5: 0 on hockey coaches, seems to be a pattern. (when BT puts SIQ in the HOF I'll probably learn them :D) Nailed the rest thanks to SPOTES teaching me Tommy John has the most wins of those under 300 last year!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:44 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

Congrats to Spotes and 86th ST. crew!! Very well played. Once the high scores typically reach the upper 180's Im a bit out of my league

My game was actually quite similar to BO's. Missed one in first round, couldnt remember if Pete Grey was left or right handed so guessed wrong on that one.

Totally blew both ends of the Ryan Fitpatrick question in Picture Round. ALso was very slow on Deion questions, but nailed both The D. Rivers questions.

Low 40s in Spelling round with alot of bleeding to due mid-word letters

30 even in Years round

ALso did poorly in Hockey matching which is very typical for me. Turned two around in Baseball pitchers (disappointing), but nailed World Cup numbers and Heismans. Had one button pushing error on race tracks for an 8 instead of a 12

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:15 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

L PATO wrote:

L PATO
Varsity Bar and Grill

Gracias. It was about time I blundered into a decent score.
The year round helped somewhat. The older they make it, the better I seem to do. This week only had 2 from the 2000s instead of the usual 3 and 1 from the 90s instead of the usual 2. And 2 from the 60s? Come to daddy... :mrgreen:

-BO- wrote:
Yep, very well done by both teams well out in front. Can't wait to see all the scores in the morning... oh wait, we can't.

I found a way to screw up nearly every question I could the first three rounds, and playing 4 boxes didn't help matters. But no excuses, wouldn't have reached the high 180's regardless.

Round 1: missed Fran the Man

I gave a quasi-precall "Well, he went to Georgia...", but GAVV was secretly hoping they would ask about his glory days on That's Incredible.

Round 2: slow on Deion and Doc pic, screwed the pooch on the Fitzpatrick and 1, precalled Arizona for some silly reason and didn't even look at the other choices. Had I done so STL probably would have triggered the correct answer. Just stupid.

A point slow on the Fitz yardage question (wanted to go there given tenure, but couldn't pull the trigger on a guy who had a tough time beating out Trent Edwards for a job), GAVV precall on the Rams follow-up.

Round 3: just awful, think high box was 36. Bombed the hockey coach and the F1 driver, stupid bleeding on Matt Leinart.

GAVV comes through on Mark Webber. God love him for watching that stuff so I don't have to...

Round 4: somewhat better, low 30's. Wilma(60), Geiberger(77), Colts(07), Maddux(92) for 5's, Gretzky(87, was slow) and Padres(98) for 4, (69) for 3 possibly, split (01,02 I think) on whatever the other one was.

Your last one was Justin Verlander in 2004. missed that one by two years and missed Maddux by one thinking that he won his first in 91.
I seem to have him internally synched up with the Bulls. I should probably change that. Also got 4 on '69. Alcindor a little bit more famous than Leeroy Yarbrough, you think?
:D

Got 8 points on hockey coaches by pure guessing, as I only knew Babcock of the Wings. Accidentally hit "4" twice or I would have gotten all 12. As soon as that happened I turned to GAVV and said that would be the difference in the game. I can feel when the fickle finger of fate has its bony appendage aimed in my direction. :mrgreen:

You're welcome. But "the most wins under 300 from the 20th century" if you please. 19th century pitcher Bobby Mathews, winner of the first pro game, has 297. I thought I taught you better than that...
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:53 pm 
U > 100 * 2

-BO- wrote:

Did you actually get the Vare Trophy one correct?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:40 pm 
Himself Fodder

Jethro wrote:
-BO- wrote:

Did you actually get the Vare Trophy one correct?

Oh hell no, not even going to pretend I know my Vare winners.