New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: SIQ 1-16-12
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:36 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

After looking at the scores, GAVV and I were wondering which category, if any, might have tripped folks up in the last round.
I suspect it was the Celtics number round which seemed the most likely to produce multiple misses.
Just curious.
Sorry to bring up any painful memories... :D

Post subject: Re: SIQ 1-16-12
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:00 pm 
Himself Fodder

Had a golf game so didn't play. What was the Celts question and what time did the game start?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:45 am 
Centenarian

-BO- wrote:
Had a golf game so didn't play. What was the Celts question and what time did the game start?

I contacted BT yesterday on the Sports and Scheduling deptments by the indivials own private emails (holiday no one was working at the office) and they both said that the games scheduling will stay this way till March when several things will be changed up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:29 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

My downfall in the last round was the linebackers question. I only got 4 points on that one. Had 12.0s on the Celtics, Olympic years, and basebal positions matching. Turned around 2 of the racers for an 8.0 on that one.

2nd round was also a problem. Went with 6 instead of 8 on the number of times Palmer won 20. Also couldnt remember where Bill Self was prior to Kansas so had zeros on both of those.

Had 27/30 in the first round. about 42 in the dreaded spelling round and 30/40 in the years round.

Nice game for Spotes and 86th St. for outdistancing the field last night!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:37 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

spotes wrote:
After looking at the scores, GAVV and I were wondering which category, if any, might have tripped folks up in the last round.
I suspect it was the Celtics number round which seemed the most likely to produce multiple misses.
Just curious.

That one got me, I'm horrible at uniform numbers. I knew Larry Bird and managed to guess two of the others. I only got 3 out of 5 as well on the race car driver name matching. I got Rodger Ward and Jack Brabham backwards as I hadn't heard of either of them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:09 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

IMHERE wrote:
-BO- wrote:

I contacted BT yesterday on the Sports and Scheduling deptments by the indivials own private emails (holiday no one was working at the office) and they both said that the games scheduling will stay this way till March when several things will be changed up.

That sounds potentially ominous..................
I cant help but feel nervous every time there is a BT announcement about "changing things up". It rarely if ever seems to result in anything to make me personally more happy about playing trivia. It always rather seems to be the opposite. Cant help but wondering what is in the works this time...............

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:46 am 
Centenarian

Bonzo wrote:
spotes wrote:
Just curious.

That one got me, I'm horrible at uniform numbers. I knew Larry Bird and managed to guess two of the others. I only got 3 out of 5 as well on the race car driver name matching. I got Rodger Ward and Jack Brabham backwards as I hadn't heard of either of them.

Watching Bird as an Indiana boy back in the day Cornbread was an easy one for me. open-wheel auto racing is my specialty so that wasn't a problem, and spotes breezed us through the baseball q.

I remembered something in the back of my head from listening to IUPUI basketball about Oral Roberts so we had the Bill Self Q, and also missed the Palmer And-1. (at least it was my reasoning to spotes why i had at least something more than 50% ass on that answer)

we got 27/30 by missing the hit-by-pitch q, though Turbo had gone the other way and got us one box to it.

We had very middling box score and year round, and we were a bit ticked at the Messi Q, as we were starting out with Barcelona rather than Argentina. poorly worded in our opinion.

gavv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:41 pm 
New Driver

At the Varsity it was just the spelling round and year round. Playing 5 boxes doesn't help, but pretty much got zero on the messi question, was also on Barcelona and when that wasn't it I just sat there. Todd Richards got a big .7 there on two boxes. And had at least 4 year round questions where after the first clue I was one year off and had to wait till the 3rd clue to change. And still can't believe Palmer had 8 20-win seasons. Guess I will take 3rd with a 163 average, tough though because it was a fairly easy game, and if Hunk ( the other sports guy) was there that woulda been a high scoring game.

L PATO
Varsity Bar and Grill

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:29 pm 
Himself Fodder

IMHERE wrote:
-BO- wrote:

The only premium game of the night at 630? Amazing.

BO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:42 pm 
Centenarian

L PATO wrote:
At the Varsity it was just the spelling round and year round. Playing 5 boxes doesn't help, but pretty much got zero on the messi question, was also on Barcelona and when that wasn't it I just sat there. Todd Richards got a big .7 there on two boxes. And had at least 4 year round questions where after the first clue I was one year off and had to wait till the 3rd clue to change. And still can't believe Palmer had 8 20-win seasons. Guess I will take 3rd with a 163 average, tough though because it was a fairly easy game, and if Hunk ( the other sports guy) was there that woulda been a high scoring game.

L PATO
Varsity Bar and Grill

We honestly thought the same thing, and that our score was about a 4th or 5th place avg. We had nearly the same performance on the years, and with last second fumbling we had about the same for Messi, and pretty much whiffed on jeremy shelley, and lost bunches on Todd Richards as well.

7:30 helps us maybe a tiny bit, since Turbo's usually still not quite in the Citron coma by then.

gavv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:05 pm 
Himself Fodder

gavv wrote:
7:30 helps us maybe a tiny bit, since Turbo's usually still not quite in the Citron coma by then.

Your biggest help was mentioned in post #2. :shock: :D

BO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:26 pm 
Sir or Dame Postalot

-BO- wrote:
What was the Celts question?

They wanted you to match up the Boston Celtic great with his retired number. Ward was the only driver I didn't know right off the bat, but got it through elimination. I switched two of the position players. While in Plano last week, I didn't really keep up on my sports stuff, so I didn't know Richards had taken over...but still got 0.7. A former Orlando Solar Bear...glad to see him get an opportunity! Man those were some great games....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:49 pm 
Centenarian

TCHCNB wrote:
IMHERE wrote:
-BO- wrote:

I cant help but feel nervous every time there is a BT announcement about "changing things up". It rarely if ever seems to result in anything to make me personally more happy about playing trivia. It always rather seems to be the opposite. Cant help but wondering what is in the works this time...............

WOW you were right with you being nervous with the so called announced change coming up with the EAST/WEST games now.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:41 pm 
U > 100 * 2

IMHERE wrote:
TCHCNB wrote:

WOW you were right with you being nervous with the so called announced change coming up with the EAST/WEST games now.

True, he called it, but does it count as predicting the future if you predict "I will wake up in the morning" and they you wake up in the morning?