New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 10:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: SIQ 1/23/12
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:26 pm 
Himself Fodder

Oh holy crap did that game destroy my ass. Everything they asked I simply didn't know. No excuses.

Kudos to those fuckers in Indianapolis, you know who you are.

But now at least trivia players currently have a trivia thread amongst all the non-trivia shit.

BO

Post subject: Re: SIQ 1/23/12
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:01 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

I left when the ranks showed up due to i have to go home.

So SPOTES n Co kicked ass eh??

Well I was doing respectable til the year round screwed me up.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:30 pm 
Centenarian

-BO- wrote:
Oh holy crap did that game destroy my ass. Everything they asked I simply didn't know. No excuses.

Kudos to those fuckers in Indianapolis, you know who you are.

But now at least trivia players currently have a trivia thread amongst all the non-trivia shit.

BO

Yeah.. we were pleasantly suprised.. ok - we were estatic at our # 4 bar ranking.. behind only the Indy crew and 2 of the Hooters bars (insert own joke).

Didn't see you..and figured you were in Hawaii with Johnson Wagner.. :) (who? /no clue on that)

Still can't believe I got talked out of Lebron over Kobe for Pts. Per Game Avg. And really need to brush up on my Olympics (Arnie Robinson)... But overall, liked the questions...and the results even more... Maybe if I replace my beer with Dr. Pepper?! .. Naah.. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:54 pm 
Himself Fodder

sakictgif wrote:
Yeah.. we were pleasantly suprised.. ok - we were estatic at our # 4 bar ranking.. behind only the Indy crew and 2 of the Hooters bars (insert own joke).

Didn't see you..and figured you were in Hawaii with Johnson Wagner.. :) (who? /no clue on that)

Still can't believe I got talked out of Lebron over Kobe for Pts. Per Game Avg. And really need to brush up on my Olympics (Arnie Robinson)... But overall, liked the questions...and the results even more... Maybe if I replace my beer with Dr. Pepper?! .. Naah.. :mrgreen:

My bar finished 10th, I mention this because we both know we'll never see that in BT's HOF. :evil:

Got Lebron over Kobe, they've asked about Kobe's career scoring average before and after missing one I looked up his stats. The years he spent with Shaq somewhat stunted his numbers because Shaq was the go to guy.

So we both got slapped around by a pair of Hooters, things could be worse. :shock: :D

BO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:54 am 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
sakictgif wrote:

My bar finished 10th, I mention this because we both know we'll never see that in BT's HOF. :evil:

Got Lebron over Kobe, they've asked about Kobe's career scoring average before and after missing one I looked up his stats. The years he spent with Shaq somewhat stunted his numbers because Shaq was the go to guy.

So we both got slapped around by a pair of Hooters, things could be worse. :shock: :D

BO

I played at a Hooters with 3 boxes. But if i did played 5 boxes, It still won't beat your sites, BO n SAKIC.

Co-Home Bar: Buffalo Wild Wings Edwardsville, IL and Time Out in St Louis, MO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:43 am 
Sir or Dame Postalot

I struggled to place my bar 18th. I should always go with my first guess...kicked my butt on the year round :oops: At least I nailed the hockey player birth places! :D

-BO- wrote:
BO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:09 am 
Centenarian

-BO- wrote:
sakictgif wrote:

BO

And if we didn't at the last second out-think ourselves and switched Shorter and Robinson on the final Q, it would have been about a 185 avg.

we got Shanahan's college, missed it being Napoli (except for about .7 pts), but knew his first team. lost maybe a pt or so on the Calder trophy.

played decently on box score, as we got our only contribution the entire game from drunk Murph with Johnson Wagner (tho we had to tell him the letters to hit :) ).

our real hits came in the year round where we only had about 25ish.

gavv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:32 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

I also struggled pretty heavily on this one.
Missed 3 in the first round which is uncommon. ALso got a sub-20 in the years round for the first time in quite awhile.
Had a good "Picture round", spelling round, and managed a 50/60 in the matching round which helped get me back somewhat, but the first round an Year round totally killed me

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:19 pm 
Centenarian

TCHCNB wrote:
I also struggled pretty heavily on this one.
Missed 3 in the first round which is uncommon. ALso got a sub-20 in the years round for the first time in quite awhile.
Had a good "Picture round", spelling round, and managed a 50/60 in the matching round which helped get me back somewhat, but the first round an Year round totally killed me

we aced the first round, I don't remember which ones might have been the tougher ones but it didn't overall seem like any could have tripped us up, though like BO, they had the matching player to career scoring average question a few weeks back that got us to pick Lebron over Kobe

gavv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:09 pm 
Centenarian

-BO- wrote:
sakictgif wrote:

BO

Perhaps when I didn't see you in top 5, assumed you weren't there, and started looking for where others (Megumi, for one) were.. Yeah, you would think the HOF would be a relatively easy fix..

Good point on Kobe's years w/ Shaq...didn't think of that...and haven't got to him (Kobe) in "Book of Basketball" yet. Usually have been looking up guys stats on the "interesting" ones.

Yeah... getting slapped around by a pair of Hooters isn't a bad way to spend a Monday night.. 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:57 pm 
U > 100 * 2

We got beat up pretty bad as well. Frank Shorter lives literally across the street from my dad's place, and we still did not know what year he won.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:49 am 
New Driver

It took only 3 months to crack the mystery of putting Sports I.Q. back in the Hall of Fame. And was doing decent this past week till I really bombed the last two matching think I got 6pts total.

L PATO
Varsity until they inevitably close

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:50 pm 
Himself Fodder

L PATO wrote:
It took only 3 months to crack the mystery of putting Sports I.Q. back in the Hall of Fame. And was doing decent this past week till I really bombed the last two matching think I got 6pts total.

My worst game in five years and now they put the scores up!

Hell, had I known that's all it would take I would have tanked in November. :roll:

Glad they finally made things right.

BO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:58 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
My worst game in five years and now they put the scores up!

Hell, had I known that's all it would take I would have tanked in November. :roll:

Glad they finally made things right.

BO

On behalf of SIQ rankings enthusiasts everywhere, I want to say thank you BO for sucking at sports trivia this week.
So, 86th Street Pub retires the old STC HOF rankings and inaugurates the new SIQ rankings.
Who the hell do those pickle-headed assclowns think they are?!?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:10 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

L PATO wrote:

L PATO
Varsity until they inevitably close

When I didn't see Varsity Grill on the boards, but noticed a Tallahassee Hooters in second, I told GAVV that it was probably you guys trying to confound us.
Luckily enough for you, I'm easily befuddled. So it usually works out. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:13 pm 
Himself Fodder

spotes wrote:
On behalf of SIQ rankings enthusiasts everywhere, I want to say thank you BO for sucking at sports trivia this week.
So, 86th Street Pub retires the old STC HOF rankings and inaugurates the new SIQ rankings.
Who the hell do those pickle-headed assclowns think they are?!?

Pfft, the rankings mean nothing. After all, SIQ airs at 430 in California when the sports heavy hitters are still at work, so it's no surprise the top SIQ team resides in the Midwest. 8-)

BO

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:26 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

-BO- wrote:
the rankings mean nothing. BO

Hmmm... an almost imperceptible alteration to your recent stance regarding SIQ... :P