New Scaratings

Welcome to the new Scaratings
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 8:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: SIQ 2/6/12
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:45 pm 
New Driver

Wow was really surprised to see that I finished first. (Insert joke). Because that second round just killed me got 10 pts and that included a guess on Joe Frazier. After that disagreements with spelling ultimately doomed us to second. Was just curious which questions were the ones that tripped people up.

L PATO

Post subject: Re: SIQ 2/6/12
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:54 pm 
Centenarian

L PATO wrote:
Wow was really surprised to see that I finished first. (Insert joke). Because that second round just killed me got 10 pts and that included a guess on Joe Frazier. After that disagreements with spelling ultimately doomed us to second. Was just curious which questions were the ones that tripped people up.

L PATO

Went with Foreman over Frazier until photo showed otherwise... Refused to believe Derek Holland had that good of a record last year, even though he was on my fantasy team... :oops:

Normally do okay, not great, in the spelling round. Couldn't get one last night to save my life. And totally bombed the last round - save a sweep on NBA coaches question. Knew it wasn't gonna be pretty when round started with golf.. :shock: Oh well - there's always next week... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:59 pm 
U > 100 * 2

Surprising logjam of scores in the top 10. It seems to me like the picture round follow up questions are getting increasingly difficult (and not difficult in an obscurity sense, but more in an impossible-to-know-for-sure sense). Interesting how Buzztime thinks Ben Francisco pitched for the Phillies last year. Also, a classic Buzztime error of arbitrarily choosing a year and then picking the clues to match that year without cross-checking to see if they could fit multiple years by having Willis Reed wins NBA Finals MVP in the 1970s as a clue.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:50 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

L PATO wrote:

L PATO

Our scores have been subpar the last two weeks. Not coincidentally, the last matching question both weeks involved stats from within the last year.
The last two rounds are usually where I make up ground for not knowing all of the current event stuff from the first three rounds. The more the last two rounds trend modern, the worse I do without fail.
I'm a old fogey-in-training. :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:56 pm 
King or Queen Postsalot

spotes wrote:

Nuts. You need to get way more than a lil older and grumpier. Image

<--805 NTN Buzztime sites visited as of 11/13/2018...

F CUBS!!!!! FBOSOX!!!!!

FPDRES!!!!! FCHGRS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:55 am 
Sir or Dame Postsalot

spotes wrote:
L PATO wrote:

L PATO

Our scores have been subpar the last two weeks. Not coincidentally, the last matching question both weeks involved stats from within the last year.
The last two rounds are usually where I make up ground for not knowing all of the current event stuff from the first three rounds. The more the last two rounds trend modern, the worse I do without fail.

I echo the sentiments of Spotes. My scores also tend to plunge when there are more questions regarding fairly recent data. For example in the matching round the NBA championship coaches and the National League no-hitters by decade were a breeze, but I struggled with the 2011 NFL records (6 points), and the recent college bowl winners (6 points). ALso in the picture round got 10/10 on the Joe Frazier question but had no idea what Derek Hollands record was last season.